More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:08:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 94410 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
« on: 2007 December 11, 19:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless a miracle happens and Quaxi suddenly reappears, I am going to upload a release version of SimPE at MTS2 probably.  Not the debug version that is being shared currently.

Unfortunately the SimPE forums are down and so I can't see if there were any outstanding bugs reported in the QA forum.  Is anyone here aware of any?  I mean real bugs, not irritations.   Peter can try to address the irritations later.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 24, 09:13:10 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 11, 22:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Inge, that's good to know.

I haven't encountered any bugs (I think), though I can't figure out how to get the image preview to work. I know Theo's color binning tool wasn't working with it, but I'd guess that's a separate issue from SimPE itself.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 12, 00:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ziggy sends a virtual dozen of red roses to Inge.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 12, 01:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, everything's been working fine for me with QA version. Changed some zombies to unemployed after making them townies gave them jobs, messed with some family ties/trees, changed photo album references, normal personality editing. Also did quite a few recolors and even some neighborhood object cloning for custom watertowers. No hiccups.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 12, 01:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All is well with mine too. Although I don't do coloring, cloning, modding for ts2. But the casual SimPe users interfaces all work fine for me.

Hooray for Inge (and Peter, of course).

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 12, 01:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you also post an updated rar on sf.net? I'd really hate to be too dependent on any one site.

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 12, 04:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second the request to put it on more than one site.  I have serious problems downloading from MTS2.  I will try to download a small file, say a 20 kb file, and the download won't finish.  It will download 17 kb then end.  After seven or eight tries I may get a file - or I may never get it.  Large files are even worse.

« Last Edit: 2007 December 12, 04:24:35 by nocomment » Logged
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 12, 04:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Theo's color binning tool wasn't working with it, but I'd guess that's a separate issue from SimPE itself.

The color binning problem could be addressed in SimPE. It came from Quaxi changing calls to some deprecated functions into errors. I believe Theo posted a query about why it didn't work, Quaxi provided an answer and now both of them have gone missing. Although since the site is down who can be sure.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 12, 07:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for sorting this out and I third the suggestion that it is available from multiple locations as I expect there will be something of a stampede for it.

I second the request to put it on more than one site.  I have serious problems downloading from MTS2.  I will try to download a small file, say a 20 kb file, and the download won't finish.  It will download 17 kb then end.  After seven or eight tries I may get a file - or I may never get it.  Large files are even worse.

I had similar problems and not just with MTS2. It turned out that IE was at fault so I switched browser to Opera and that fixed it.

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 12, 07:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've binned a couple of hairstyles with Theo's plugin with no apparent problems. Double checked them in the game, and everything looks good. Should I pull them out?

I am consistently getting a freeze up when I attempt to look at the Memories option for a Sim in the Plugin view, but maybe I'm simply not giving it enough time to load. (It seems to stick on a "Dragon?" query. Makin' Magic vibes.) I tend to use Simpe mostly to get information and not a lot for editing. Also, I got my copy through a link here, so maybe it's a dated version.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 12, 09:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peter did say to me "Shall I try to fix Theo's binning tool?"  So he's willing to give it a go.   I think we'll aim to update in situ with more frequent public releases rather than the QA system Quaxi was using.  That way you get more feedback about bugs and suggestions and it's more fun to develop Smiley  It'll be "back up before use and caveat emptor" - we don't offer a nanny service!

But first we'll release it as it is, fixing binning tools a little later.  Is there anyone here with teen stuff who would be willing to act as guinea pig?  I have edited the files to accept it, but I don't have the SP myself for a fina test.

Dizzy: yes he's already updated the CSV with the latest build and I'll ask him to post the distribution packages there too.  I think it would be second nature to him anyway.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 12, 09:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyone here with teen stuff who would be willing to act as guinea pig?  I have edited the files to accept it, but I don't have the SP myself for a fina test.

I have TSS but I don't normally use SimPE to do anything complicated - mostly changing family names and tweaking DNA strings, that sort of thing.  I would be glad to test it out, though.  I've been using the QA version since BV came out and haven't had any issues.

Glad to see you stepping up to do this!  I definitely agree that it should be put up on more than one site - I shudder to think of the stampede at MTS2 as everybody rushes to download it all at once.

Karen
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 12, 11:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another problem with MTS2 exclusivity is that they have a 14 age limit, and I dare say there are banned people too.  So there has to be a way of getting it to them.   The benefit of having it available at MST2 at all is it will encourage people to post feedback which will help to spot bugs.

http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_0_TestDist.rar

This download is a manual installation - just unrar it, move it where you want, and run SimPE.exe from inside the folder.  Please let me know if you can find the teen style things in Object Workshop

I'd appreciate it if only people who want to do this test downloaded from that link, because it's not in a place with a large bandwidth.  As soon as this is over, within a few hours hopefully, it will be available in other places.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 12, 12:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it, Inge. I don't have any SP, but I just finished installing the game on a new computer. So there isn't much to back up, and the computer is brand spanking new. Less chance of it, or an already borked game having anything to do with SimPe's performance.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 12, 12:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Please let me know ASAP if anything crops up that you think makes it unsuitable for public release at this moment.

Meanwhile, I still need to hear specifically from people with teen stuff whether teen things are showing in object workshop ok, because that's the bit I had to update manually without being able to test it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 12, 12:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded it Inge-I need to shut off my game so I can have a look. I'll report back asap.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 12, 12:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, Quaxi has failed us. You must not!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 12, 13:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge I can't get it to run. I'm going to re-download as it says I am missing a file.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 12, 13:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it say which?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 12, 13:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I forgot Cheesy Sorry, I am running my game again now as I needed to see something for Pescado. I'll try again in a bit.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 12, 15:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried out SimPE_0_64_0_TestDist.rar, and it works okay for my purposes (which aren't that much, admittedly).

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 12, 15:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Dizzy.  Hopefully Emma's problem will just turn out to be an incomplete download after all.

I didn't like how the rar is twice the size as Quaxi's usual releases though, I will be going through it with Peter later to see if it can be got smaller.  I used best compression on it.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 12, 15:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing about rar. Not quite as good as 7-zip compression-wise, but it is a bit better known.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 12, 15:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you build it as "release"? Building it as Debug tends to result in massively bloated files.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 12, 15:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't open fully for some reason, it is probably IZarc. Sorry Inge.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: