More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 95127 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #175 on: 2007 December 19, 14:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but if the main developer only has 5 mins to spare every 3 months, still not much will get done in terms of actual releases out there.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
antitheftmilk
Asinine Airhead

to forgive, divine, to purr, feline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2007 December 19, 14:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*munches popcorn whilst reading of TEH DRAMAS*

All kidding aside, you have another tester, if you still need/want them. If I run into any problems, I'll report it. I'm not any kind of programmer, but if it is broken, I can at least tell someone. Tongue

Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 December 19, 14:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Inge,

I extracted and built 2 new mesh packages with the third test release, and both times they looked like the bones were damaged. (Explosions in Bodyshop)
I downloaded Quaxi's release and built one, and no problems. I don't know what exactly was causing this, but I allready excluded Wes_H's Unimesh. If you need me to test again, contact me and I'll provide you with the meshfiles.

xNouk
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2007 December 19, 17:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, do you mean Quaxi's release preview he posted briefly in the QA forum yesterday, or his 063h QA, or his previous public release 0.62?  The one that was working ok I mean?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 December 19, 18:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'preview' one.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 2007 December 19, 18:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the report, I'll get Peter to look into it!

It's most probably just something didn't get packaged right, as we didn't have Quaxi's build script.   It may be this simply sorts itself out if Quaxi does build the next release himself in which case Peter will mainly concentrate on finishing the career editor ready to get into that build.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 19, 18:50:03 by Inge » Logged

Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 December 21, 15:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, if you need a mesh package to pull apart and study, just pm me anywhere Smiley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2007 December 21, 21:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noukie, please could you try this one: http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_5b_Test.rar

I just packaged up the one I was testing myself (with some previously missing dlls added) so you might find my recent file list in the menu, sorry.  Smiley   Anyway see if your bones behave this time.

PS In case anyone has unresolvable problems with our 0.64 series, we have the stable-but-not-teen-aware 63h QA also in the http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/ directory.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 22, 11:21:38 by Inge » Logged

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2007 December 22, 19:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual install release candidate to test please, anyone, http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_5c.rar

Sorry no career editor, just couldn't get it ready in time.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 December 22, 20:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a quick try. Thanks Inge. Oh, and I'm sorry I couldn't promise you a first born sim in my game (since she was already committed to Invisigoth), but I have a second born with your name on her.  Grin

ETA: First thing I noticed: its definitely TSS compatible. Excellent! Next thing: Theo's Color Binning Tool seems to work. Hurray!

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 December 23, 22:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Inge.   Grin  I'm working on some project items.  I'll get back to you later with results. 
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
Re: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
« Reply #186 on: 2007 December 24, 09:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update here: http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/sims2/Latest-SimPE-official-release-get-it-here-v064-23-dec-2007

Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 December 24, 23:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll test it now!
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 December 26, 05:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. I have become rather attached to Inga PE. It works for me and after all Inga came through for us Cheesy. Before she got involved I began to think that we would not see an update until after the next expansion pack, if then. Tongue
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2007 December 26, 09:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify - the release announced on the SimPE forums *is* the one Peter and I prepared, just packaged up as a self-installer by Numenor.  Obviously if you already had the rared version of the release candidate and are using that happily, then there would be no need to download Numenor's release.  But if you downloaded an earlier test than 0.64.5c, then you really do need to upgrade as things were still being fixed until then.

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 December 28, 16:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drama aside, thank you Inge, Peter and Numenor for all your work.

I'm not an extensive user of SimPE, but I miss it when it's not around, or working correctly.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 January 03, 00:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much Inge.  Obviously you and Peter Have Not Failed UsTM

I have a wee question. and my apologies if this was already answered.  I noticed that Theo's plugins were included in the release and there was a note that they would continue to be supported.  Any thoughts to supporting his Sim Surgery plugin?  Theo's plugin allows you to load a package, created in Body Shop to clone an existing sims.  It's very nifty and superior to the current method of having to create a new sim solely for the purpose of making a clone.

I've tried it with one of the previous QA release and it threw up errors.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 January 03, 10:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peter said they wished to add my tools to SimPe's repository, which is something better than the current situation of not having source control at all for them Wink

Regarding sim surgery though, I'm really not sure if it'll continue to be a separate tool, or if code will be merged with the current surgery tool, given that my version has only a few changes from the original. But since that particular version can only be found here at MATY, I'll see what I can do about the error message issues, which a priori seem to be a minor annoyance caused by obsolete method calls.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2008 January 03, 20:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a bit worried when Quaxi made the announcement saying "Theo's tools are now included" because I found them in the last version and I assumed they were always sposed to be there anyway, which is why they got distributed with it.  After that I thought "oops - I hope he doesn't mind that we did that then! Shocked "

So what actually has the position been up until now?  And if you have a new independently maintained Sim Surgery, we should remove that from SimPE, surely?   Did Peter send you the changes he made to the other stuff?  I told him to.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 January 06, 19:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for looking into it Theo.  I would have addressed my question to you directly but I was under the impression that you weren't around.  Glad to see I'm wrong Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: