More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:09:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 94412 times)
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

Isn't Very Personal Is It...

View Profile WWW
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #100 on: 2007 December 14, 19:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge,

Is there anyway I can re add the Career Editor? I use that to check and make careers

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my content at MTS2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Macey246

Rich Cheesy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2007 December 14, 19:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already knew it needed updating before the QA started this time.  Someone tried just putting the dlls in, but it's not working.  Needs a new build.  Does anyone know where the source can be obtained?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 December 15, 00:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran my DLs through GUID check--it worked fine. But the health check threw an exception error on every item --something about value 5.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 December 15, 09:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is strange that sometimes when I open the program I get an error message about whether or not I want to replace files and sometimes I do not get the popup. I have been ignoring it and then seem to get into the program anyway.

I just did some more recolors and the only strange thing was that for the TSS goth bed it brings up the colonial bed frame  .... but that is probably Maxis  and not SimPe doing.

So far, all is sailing along smoothly with the .64 version from all I have done.
 Smiley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 December 15, 12:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I remember getting this myself, with one version a long time ago.  Trouble is I can't remember how it got fixed.  It's probably in one of the config files.  Numenor has offered to make the distribution installer versions, and he may know how to avoid this.  So Peter will just be doing the code updating.

I started a section at the PJSE forums to coordinate the work for a release, so if anyone reading this has been involved in SimPE creation previously, such as language translations, or plugins, please see us over there.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 December 15, 12:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO INSTALLERS! DEATH TO INSTALLERS!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2007 December 15, 13:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine there would certainly be a manual install version too.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 December 16, 14:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not sure where else to post this. But I downloaded the simpe you linked to, and this is what i get every time i try to open the neighborhood in the NB browser:

Package: c:\documents and settings\rikke\dokumenter\ea games\the sims 2\Neighborhoods\N003\N003_Neighborhood.package
File: Sim Description (AACE2EFB) - 00000000 - FFFFFFFF - 000000F1

SimPE Version:
Default (0.64.0.39790).

Exception Stack:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at SimPe.Packages.PackedFile.Uncompress(Byte[] data, UInt32 targetSize, Int32 offset)
  at SimPe.Packages.PackedFile.get_UncompressedData()
  at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_StoredData()
  at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.ProcessData(IPackedFileDescriptor pfd, IPackageFile package, Boolean catchex)

Source:
simpe.package

Execution Stack:
at SimPe.Packages.PackedFile.Uncompress(Byte[] data, UInt32 targetSize, Int32 offset)
  at SimPe.Packages.PackedFile.get_UncompressedData()
  at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_StoredData()
  at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.ProcessData(IPackedFileDescriptor pfd, IPackageFile package, Boolean catchex)

Windows Version:
WindowsXP

.NET Version:

I figured you would want to know. I got all expansion packs installed, but no stuff packs other than the cristmassy one.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2007 December 16, 14:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Now that is working as usual for me.  I would be grateful if others would try opening a hood and see if they get a problem!

Is it at all possible you were trying to open a hood that got borked previously?

davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 December 16, 15:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Windows Xp and all expensionpacks and stuffpacks installed. I can open Maxilots and custom lots. I can se teenstyleobjects and as far as I can tell all other kinds of Maxiobjects and I can se Sims in Simsbrowser. (I can not edit a Sim, but i do not think I am supposed to to that on this stage?). Thank you for doing this. I only use SimPe for Simseditions, but when you are used to it it is difficult to be without it.  Smiley
davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 December 16, 15:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried to edit my post but it does not work. I donīt mean lots, I mean hoods of course. Sorry. Roll Eyes
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2007 December 16, 16:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried to edit a sim?  Does it not let you or were you holding back because you think you're not meant to?

Jomammatee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 December 16, 16:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for working on the new edition of SimPe.  I downloaded 64 and have been working with it.  I seem to be able to create recolors okay.  I only made one large quilt. 

I have come across one thing.  I use the Material Override a lot to preview what I've made and with this new version I couldn't get it to open up in the Plugin View part.  The TXTR file showed up in the Plugin View but not the Material Override or the Material Definition.  This causes quite a problem if I want to make a shaped rug using Echo's rug mesh.  I can't change the Blend Mode since I can't open the Material Definition.

When I am in the process of of making a new object the TXTR file is visible in the Plugin View but if I just Open an new file the Plugin View won't show.

Jo H.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2007 December 16, 17:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're working ok in mine.  Can you check your Extra|Preferences|Plugins and see if they're disabled in there?  If so, can you make a note of anything else that you have disabled, please and let me know one way or the other.

davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 December 16, 17:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Have you tried to edit a sim?  Does it not let you or were you holding back because you think you're not meant to?"

It does not let me. The box where you usually edit donīt show up. (for the record, I talk about "64 test disk" if there are other kinds) Smiley

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 December 16, 17:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problem at all opening up the neighborhood with the browser. I also did sim surgery on 5 servos successfully. I have all EPs and stuff packs.
I really appreciate you making this available. It was much needed. BAAAAAAAAH!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2007 December 16, 17:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happen to like sheep - sometimes I press the thankyou button just to listen Smiley

Davida, have you tried editing a sim in the QA version, 0.63h?  If you could try that to compare, it might be useful.  Thanks.

Jomammatee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 December 16, 17:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're working ok in mine.  Can you check your Extra|Preferences|Plugins and see if they're disabled in there?  If so, can you make a note of anything else that you have disabled, please and let me know one way or the other.

Inge, all of the plugins are enabled.  I didn't change a anything in SimPe except to Lock the Toolbar after I got the layout the way I like it.

Jo H.
davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 December 16, 17:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Davida, have you tried editing a sim in the QA version, 0.63h?"

I would love to, but where do I find that?.

"I also did sim surgery on 5 servos successfully."

I have almost forgotten the surgery. Tried to kopi a Sim from Pleasantwiew and from a custom hood out to bodyshop. Worked fine. Tried the same with 2 Sims from the Storiehoods "Vincent" and "Alice" (I have both Storiespack installed) and got Consort Capp from Veronaville and Bella Goth! Grin
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2007 December 16, 18:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, all of the plugins are enabled.  I didn't change a anything in SimPe except to Lock the Toolbar after I got the layout the way I like it.

Ok but you actually checked did you?  It is possible it shipped with them disabled.

Davida I have uploaded 0.63h to http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPe_063h_qa.7z.  If anyone does end up reverting to the QA due to problems with 0.64 please let me know and tell me what the problem was.

davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 December 16, 18:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. 063h starts by giving me a warning that a new expensionpack have been detected. But I can go in a hood, and edit a sim. The box pops up beautifully. Took a randsom teenboy who newer left the hood and changed some randsome events. Now he have been on vacation and learned firedance, he is going steady with another girlfriend, have another name and interests and is attending a privateschool!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2007 December 16, 18:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have a bit of a theory.  Could you try it once more in 0.64 but without uninstalling 0.63h?

davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 December 16, 18:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, nothing in 064.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2007 December 16, 18:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well there goes my registry theory, thank you for trying Smiley  Perhaps you could also check in Extra| Preferences and see if all your plugins are enabled?

Jomammatee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 December 16, 19:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I actually checked in the program to make sure all the plugins were enabled.

It's strange some things in a program will work for some people and not for others, isn't it.

Jo H.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: