More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:32:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nuking Pregnancies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nuking Pregnancies  (Read 6586 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Nuking Pregnancies
« on: 2008 January 06, 07:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blech, stupid sims getting all uppity.

I have a sim in a 'hood I'm playing until I can bring myself to let loose the plague doors in Queen's Cove who is intent on getting herself some more maternity days, regardless of what I want. Or, rather, I should have set ACR to disallow trying but I forgot. Finley got pregnant. I forgot about it* and ended my play session a few hours later and saved. Dumb again. Now, beyond the fact that the Oversoul in Mesa Verde is controlling and angry and has decreed there will only be two children (which they already have), the house doesn't have room for a third and can't be built up due to some convoluted rules I'm playing under. I tried to nuke the pregnancy by:
---Going into SimPE. Went under SimDescription for Finley. Found the body state and unchecked Pregnant/Invisible.
---Going into the game. With Finley active, Shift-clicked on the debugger and Nuke...Pregnancy Token.
---Still popped, still is on maternity leave.

Short version of the question is, is there a way that I can, not using a -killer, completely nuke the pregnancy? She's currently in the second trimester, and I'd like her to be in no trimester. If not, either her pregnant butt or her current youngest has to die.

*Yes, I'm sometimes that stupid, but at the time I still had a high fever so I wasn't following anything well.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Nuking Pregnancies
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 06, 07:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you didn't think to use ACR's 'morning after pill' within the first 24 hours of the pregnancy  Tongue  The only thing I can suggest is InSIM, which apparently is out of the question for you  Lips sealed

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 06, 07:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use Inge's teleporter cat to put the baby up for adoption.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 06, 08:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debuggers nuke pregnancy token option USED to work, but hasn't for ages.  I've reported it to Pescado several times, but it's still not working, and he seems remarkably unconcerned by this.  Angry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 06, 09:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't exactly get a lot of test cases for things, and it is unclear why it DOESN'T work. Investigations remain ongoing. Try newversion?
« Last Edit: 2008 January 06, 12:11:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 06, 13:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always try a temporary installation of InTeen (and damn the kittens) and initiate a miscarriage.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 06, 14:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill the mother before the pregnancy goes to term?  I can't remember what happens when you ressurect a sim who was pregnant when they died though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 06, 14:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could just tell me if the new Lot Debugger option worked this time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 06, 15:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill the mother before the pregnancy goes to term?  I can't remember what happens when you ressurect a sim who was pregnant when they died though.

Pregnancy continues as though nothing happened. Even if she's made a zombie.

Fail.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 06, 16:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah disappointing then.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 06, 17:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that out with Samantha Ottomas. Will try new LotDebugger, then temp-download the kitten killer. I just don't want it permanently. I didn't have the morning after pill for ACR.

Sorry, Pes. I slept.

EDIT: Odd results, but it's most likely I borked Finley with all my meddling. I had no option to do Nuke...Pregnancy Token for her anymore. The carpool also came. She went to work, came back, and popped a 3rd trimester body. Still no option for Nuke...Pregnancy Token for her. Forget InTeen, that one's taking a long dive into a shallow pool. I then tested with her hubby, Indigo. I faked an alien pregnancy for him. I then sped up the pregnancy through the tombstone and nuked the token. No popping after a good four hours, and the option to make him alien pregnant was back. I then made him alien pregnant again. Sped up pregnancy. Waited until first belly-pop to nuke the token. Again, alien pregnancy options were back and no further belly pops.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 06, 18:15:58 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 06, 19:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a long, long time since I looked at this but IIRC under the sim memories for the pregnant sim you will find a token for the pregnancy - try nuking that using SimPE. I believe that 'memory' is what is only updated when the sim is on the home lot. The data regarding the sim's pregnancy state for choosing correct trimester is held elsewhere and I think that is what you've changed.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 06, 20:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right. Regardless, I've discovered that she wasn't really still pregnant. She could try for a baby. She was still stuck in a third-trimester body, though, so I had her try successfully and then had the debugger nuke the pregnancy token again. Body fixed, sim definitely not still pregnant as two days have passed with no popping. So the tweaked debugger option appears to be working.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: