More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:40:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Oh, crap. (or, My YA Has No Effing FACE)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh, crap. (or, My YA Has No Effing FACE)  (Read 2912 times)
Kattan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Oh, crap. (or, My YA Has No Effing FACE)
« on: 2008 January 05, 15:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I know something's wrong, but not what. I was playing university and decided to move some pre-made teens into college, using the Strangetown teenagers. I've done this before with no problems. However, this time when the three aged up to YA, one of the boys lost his entire face. Hair, clothing, all good. Face, kaput.

I quit without saving and tried again. Same thing. I tried to get him to change appearance but he was locked. Used boolprop moveobjects on to delete him and save, quit, reload. Same deal.

I hate to ask, especially since I went through my downloads and hacks but didn't see anything suspicious, but is it possible that something less-than-awesome is causing the problem, or did I just give up too easily? I deleted the hood and respawned it, but I'm afraid it might happen again.

Thanks for any input.

I deny your earth-logic and substitute my own!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Oh, crap. (or, My YA Has No Effing FACE)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 05, 16:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this one -- I think its a case of a pre-made using a pre-Uni Maxis face template that doesn't have a YA face. Do you use any default replacement face templates?  If not, you may want to try some of them (they're better than the fugly Maxis faces anyway), since the creators usually add the missing faces to their files.

Alternatively, you can use something like Insimenator to do face surgery on the problem sim while he's still a teen and change his template, and see if he has a YA face when you send him to Uni.  Or try that while he's at Uni.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 05, 21:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't using the mirror and hitting Ok without making any changes typically restore the face? I've seen this before, and the mirror has always worked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kattan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 07, 13:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't using the mirror and hitting Ok without making any changes typically restore the face? I've seen this before, and the mirror has always worked.

Possibly; I've done that to get rid of crappy makeovers done in the chair and it works for that. I admit that I had a moment of panic when I couldn't even get the sim to the mirror (he kept canceling the action to listen to his MP3 player; I dunno about you but if my face was missing that might be more important than jamming...) and just killed the 'hood. Currently (and fingers crossed) the respawned hood is working well, but if they go faceless again I'm gonna try the mirror... even if I have to turn off free will just to get him to the damned thing.

I deny your earth-logic and substitute my own!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: