More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:36:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Permanent Suntan or Sunburn ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Permanent Suntan or Sunburn ?  (Read 26273 times)
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Permanent Suntan or Sunburn ?
« on: 2007 December 10, 12:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrrrr!

I saw one of the posts here saying something was broken, and that suntans and sunburns are permanent as a result.

I noticed that when sims were on holidays, one got burned, but, it cleared up the next day (while still on the same holiday). Then, I got 2 sims suntanned. They went home with tans. And then the tans never went away.

Maybe tans/burns go away while on holdiay, but not when return home? (I might experiment with this some more.)

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I checked for the latest SimPE to see if there was a BV version, reasoning that maybe they'd have a "suntan" checkbox if I was lucky, but, they haven't updated for Bon Voyage yet (September 7th update was the latest on SimPE for Bon Voyage, and they said they wouldn't know how long it will take to bring out at this time).

Fortunately, I have a saved game, and I can simply avoid the sunbathing, but it would be nice to have a fix, if there is one.

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Permanent Suntan or Sunburn ?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 10, 17:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the lot debugger.  Fix/Tans & Burns

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 10, 17:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, how long are you considering "never"? One day? Two? IIRC, tans take a couple days to fade, much longer than a burn, but I haven't been playing beach lots lately.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 10, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me.  I tried everything to shift that freaking sunburn.  Seasons overheating and freezing don't work, I couldn't get her burnt again, then she got a tan and was perma tanned AND burnt.

As Gwill said, use the lot debugger.  It is teh awesome.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 11, 07:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have known there was a fix right here...!

Zazazu, that's a very good question. I considered it "never" when the tan was present for longer than 4 days because the PrimaGuide says the tan is only supposed to last 2 days, and the sunburn is only supposed to last 1. So, I waited for double the time for the damn thing to go away.

Thankyou for the advice about the lot debugger, Gwill and TIgerlilley!

* KSK gratefully goes off to find the lot debugger

OK, I got the lot debugger, and did the Fix... Tans & Burns. The portrait changed, but the tans are still on the sim... is it supposed to work immediately? Or do I have to wait a few days for it to kick in?
« Last Edit: 2007 December 11, 09:11:05 by KnightSkyKyte » Logged

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 11, 11:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the perma tan effect.  I use your replacement skins KSK, but I find your S4 is a little too pale for my taste.  I give S4 sims permanent tans so that they look a little darker.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 11, 11:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I got the lot debugger, and did the Fix... Tans & Burns. The portrait changed, but the tans are still on the sim... is it supposed to work immediately? Or do I have to wait a few days for it to kick in?
The Fix Tans and Burns reconciles the state of physical appearance with the sim's tokenage. That means if the tan is STILL there, it means he is SUPPOSED to have a fan. In some cases, a sim can get permanently stuck with a tan, or, worse, a burn, even when it should have gone away, because the overlay is still there, but the token is gone. Fix Tans and Burns reconciles the state of a sim's physical appearance with the data on the tokens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 12, 10:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK... so... how do I know if the token is borked/gone, J.M.? Because, from what I understood of what you wrote, if the fix tans and burns reconciles the state of a sim's physical appearance with the data on the tokens, and the token is gone, then it can't do the fix? (In which case, the sim is *supposed* to have a tan because the gremlins in the game say so?) Just checking... 
How does it happen, or what causes the overlay to stay once the token goes away? (Or is this as yet a mysterious occurrence with no known cause? I wonder if it has anything to do with returning to the home-home base game neighbourhood with a tan or a burn...)

Does anyone know how long a tan is supposed to last? I know the Prima Guide (yes, known to be wrong on more than one occasion) says sunburn lasts one sim day, and I found that to be true, and it also says that tans last 2 sim days, which hasn't been what I'm finding out now (up to 4 days & haven't played on yet).

If I know how long a tan is supposed to last, then I will know whether the tokens are gone and the tan is perma, or whether I need to be a LOT more patient before reverting to a much earlier pre-tan saved game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 12, 10:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK... so... how do I know if the token is borked/gone, J.M.? Because, from what I understood of what you wrote, if the fix tans and burns reconciles the state of a sim's physical appearance with the data on the tokens, and the token is gone, then it can't do the fix? (In which case, the sim is *supposed* to have a tan because the gremlins in the game say so?) Just checking...
A suntan token is one of those "counted tokens" and cannot contain data or be "borked". If a sim has no suntan token of any kind, then his "correct" state is to lack tan or burn, and this will be the state chosen when Fix Tans & Burns reconciles his state. If a sim does have a suntan token, he will be set to tanned (and remain so until the token wears off, hopefully naturally, whereupon the normal game will take it away). If he has a burn token, he will be given the burn. If he has both a tan AND a burn token (state is not possible), the erroneous burn token is removed and the state is reconciled as above. And again, if he has no tokens of any kind, then all tan and burn overlays are removed.

Basically, the game says your sim is supposed to have a tan at this point in time. Simple. If you don't know, just push the button and see. Because I don't know either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 12, 11:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did push the button before my previous post. And because I have a minor dash of OCD... suffice to say, the sim was supposed to have a tan.

Oh, by the way, suntans last about 5 days  Grin

OK, P&L if you must!

Thankyou for the "fix/burns & tans" on the debugger.

I'll just run along now...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 12, 11:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado P&L.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 12, 17:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, by the way, suntans last about 5 days  Grin
That's what I was thinking, but like I said...it's been a couple months since I've played a beach lot, or even just visited one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 24, 18:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not mind eternal suntan but I hate immortal burn.

The sim I played for two weeks got a sunburn and after 40 simdays its still on.
I will try a lot debugger. thank you

Does anyone know is it possible now to create a real working solar-lamps to suntan on any community lot?
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 24, 22:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tanning bed in Booty. I never used it and don't know anyone who has. I guess, from its name, it does a sort of tanning.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 25, 01:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tanning bed in Booty. I never used it and don't know anyone who has. I guess, from its name, it does a sort of tanning.

No, it doesn't tan.  I believe it gives body points when it's used.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 25, 04:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Awesome, tan-supporting version in ffs/meta.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 15, 05:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the batman box in the Misc. -> Misc. category. Place somewhere on the lot, have the afflicted Sim click on the box and choose "Fix... Tans and Burns".

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 31, 17:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Awesome, tan-supporting version in ffs/meta.
i just looked here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/meta/
and in "sims 2 categorizer" i claims that it doesnt actually tan.... Huh
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 01, 04:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's version does tan, Numenor's version doesn't, it gives body points.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 06, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you direct me to it please somebody? (JM version)

I've used the MATY search function, and its come up in certain threads, but no link:)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 06, 18:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You already linked to it, silly.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 06, 19:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aha!
forgive me for being a bit confused. just to clarify then:

JM pescado version = does tan
numenor version = gives body points instead

The link i linked to two posts above leads you to a file called numenorian.zip. however, it does seem to tan sims!
you can see why i am a bit baffled!
so which is it then?
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 06, 19:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link i linked to two posts above leads you to a file called numenorian.zip. however, it does seem to tan sims!

That one would be Pescado's version (being on his site and all) which *does* tan. Tongue

Dive in!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 06, 19:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks peeps.

and another thing - in sims 2 categorizer the description firmly said DOES NOT TAN.
yet, as mentioned, i thought it did actually tan.

OK i'm a bit dizzy now. cheers Smiley
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 06, 23:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The categorizer is probably just showing what it does by numenor's version.  Trust me, I have Pescado's version, and it DOES tan.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: