More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:15:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do subfolders no longer work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do subfolders no longer work?  (Read 5926 times)
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Do subfolders no longer work?
« on: 2007 December 08, 14:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally upgraded the 'puter enough to run all the EPs and stuff packs without too much lag so when I added some of the cc to the Downloads folder to test it only some showed up.  (Yes I enabled cc Tongue)  Anything that was in a subfolder wasn't showing up.  How the fook are we supposed to manage cc without subfolders>Huh

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I searched and looked but couldn't find a relevant topic,

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Do subfolders no longer work?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 08, 15:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, generally speaking, I think sub-folders work.  They do in my game anyway.

Off the top of my head, things to try straight off that don't cause problems and might solve your trouble:

Delete groups.cache file - it will regenerate when you restart the game.
Delete your thumbnails files in the Thumbnails directory (they regenerate as needed as well).

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 08, 15:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They work fine for me, Kaci. I just finished freshly installing everything to a brand new computer, from Base game to BV (no stuff packs). All my CC is in sub-folders, lot's of them. Everything behaves as expected. My mods are in subfolders within a subfolder, and they work as well.

However, when I first started, I went into the game, and no CC showed. I saved, left, and went in again, and only then did the CC show up.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 08, 15:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Subfolders work fine, I got everything except Teen pack.

You might forget the game disables custom content that is not Bodyshop or Homecrafter when you install a new EP/Pack default and you have to enable it, quit the game and restart in order for it to show up again.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 08, 16:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently bodyshop content can stop working if the downloads folder isn't spelled with a capital D, but subfolders work perfectly.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 08, 20:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to keep sims stuff in the SavedSims folder - I found the sub-folder usage there to be erratic and unreliable, but the Downloads folder works just fine with sub-folders so I always use that now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ChuckWoolery
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 08, 20:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had an issue with some of my cc not showing up.  I found out about needing to capitalize the download folder and once I corrected it everything showed up. 

I am still learning the ropes though.  I just started playing this summer and found this site to be very helpful. 

I have nightmares of being attacked by a large calico cat named Skippy.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 08, 21:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed TSS, I found that most CC in CAS showed up without a reboot, but no CC available in buy/build mode showed up until I had rebooted.  It was a little confusing for a while, but we got there in the end.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 08, 21:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, second time in was the charm for me too.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 09, 02:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed TSS, I found that most CC in CAS showed up without a reboot, but no CC available in buy/build mode showed up until I had rebooted.  It was a little confusing for a while, but we got there in the end.

But, that's how it always is. Body shop items will always be fine when a new pack is installed but a restart will be needed for items. That's how it always is and always has been. O_o It's amazing how many times this question crops.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 09, 04:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have to restart twice to enable all CC. I often have to do the same thing to enable and disable hacks.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 09, 04:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the first time any CC showed before a restart - every other time I've had to restart before CAS stuff will show - it's why it struck me as so odd this time.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 09, 04:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? My CAS items are always there, make-up, hair, clothes all of them are just fine. I think I will even still have object recolors of maxis items and wallpaper ... but it's been a while since I've played a new pack without all of my stuff still in. Usually I take all but CAS things out to play for the first time.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: