More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:23:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!  (Read 148415 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 23, 07:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking I'm in agreement with the template fix having to be in place BEFORE the sim is created. Here's what I discovered going into bodyshop:

Going in and creating a new sim in bodyshop, I clicked on the face template as an adult. I then went through all the age stages and everything looked fine. Here's the screencaps of what I saw: http://mux.net/~ang/simpics/shelbtemp.jpg

Then, using an extracted version of the dormie I married into the family, I did the same thing. I cloned her up and then clicked through the age stages. Everything but adult and young adult was face one. Here's the screencaps: http://mux.net/~ang/simpics/shelbreal.jpg

I also extracted her daughter and got the exact same thing. I don't think she's completely generic face one, but her face drastically changes when she hits young adult and adult and then reverts back to almost face one as an elder.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I suppose I could do sim surgery on the mom and fix her genetics that way, but would that fix the baby she's currently pregnant with? And that obviously doesn't fix the two children she's already had. I'm guesing the boy will run into the exact same problem. (Sim surgery would cost them any recessive genetics too, wouldn't it?)

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 24, 21:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just a stab in the dark, but you can try creating a sim in bodyshop (with the fix in) and extract the Facial Structure file from that sim and overwrite the ones in the pre-fix character files. Then all you need to do is use a mirror and do change appearance; it updates the meshes.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 25, 05:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will extracting the facial structure file change the existing apperance of a sim, or just the genetics? I'm guessing just the genetics.

In a testing hood, I recreated the relevant sims directly from their extracted versions. The mom tested as still showing up with face one for every stage other than adult. Same with both kids. I then created a 'correct' version of the mom using the template. the corrected version ages fine. I then did simsurgery between the real version and the test version and then played with aging and she seems fixed. She also appropriately passed on her genetics to a kid I made her spawn.

I'm hoping this same method would work for 'fixing' the two kids they've already had. I played around in CAS and came up with two 'genetic mergers' that seemed to fit what I needed between the kids and should be able to simsurgery them too.

The question is, do I need to do anything else other than simsurgery to make it stick? (I know I would have to edit any recessive features they've got on the kids.)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: