More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:38:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Voodoo doll addiction - side effects?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Voodoo doll addiction - side effects?  (Read 6287 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Voodoo doll addiction - side effects?
« on: 2007 December 03, 23:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I currently have a sim who is using the voodoo doll to fulfill the simultaneous loves/woohoos wants. That's a lot of head-spinning action. I heard a rumor that overuse of the voodoo doll, like overuse of the wishing well, can have bad repercussions. Has anyone seen this yet? Not that her making all the men she meets her little woohoo puppets doesn't amuse me, but I'd like to keep her around for a bit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Voodoo doll addiction - side effects?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 03, 23:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, it just backfires the curse.  So say if you make someone cold, it'll back fire and make you cold.
Not sure about the love, friendship thing. 

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 04, 00:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Backfired friendship just made my sim a little cold, and gave him a bad memory. In fact, those memories pile up. I don't really like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 04, 00:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bad Voodoo spam is mildly annoying, particularly since failed voodoo doesn't really have severe consequences if you're in good shape.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 04, 10:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't is just a timed thing?  Wait a few hours and it's perfectly safe again?  I notice the lot debugger has a reset voodoo uses thingy.
The only time I've had it backfire was then I tried using it on the voodoo priest.  He wasn't happy.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 04, 10:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't is just a timed thing?  Wait a few hours and it's perfectly safe again?  I notice the lot debugger has a reset voodoo uses thingy.
The only time I've had it backfire was then I tried using it on the voodoo priest.  He wasn't happy.
Not a clue. It shows you how many uses would be reset, so you can just not touch that button and see if it ever does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 04, 11:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue. It shows you how many uses would be reset, so you can just not touch that button and see if it ever does.
I've done it and it seems to be a timed thing : roughly each use of the Voodoo Doll takes 24 hours (I did not look exactly, let say between 24 and 36 hours) to disappear. From limited testing I'd say :
-no uses : No backfire
-a few uses : little chance of backfire
-more uses (3+) : more chances of backfire
Someone who can look in the code could tell exactly how it works....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 04, 12:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Voodoo doll success table is as follows:

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 04, 15:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. So far, she's never used it more than twice in a day. It could be amusing to let it backfire on her eventually...just as all this woohoo's going to catch up to her and those risky woohoo odds will knock her up.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 02, 17:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it possible to have a hack that eliminates the voodoo doll backfire memory?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 02, 18:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear Trash will automatically wipe all but the first one.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: