More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:19:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Have you guys looked inside your sims' fridges?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Have you guys looked inside your sims' fridges?  (Read 5825 times)
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
Have you guys looked inside your sims' fridges?
« on: 2007 December 03, 12:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap.

They stock their fridges with Halloween candy!

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Have you guys looked inside your sims' fridges?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 03, 14:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And something that looks suspiciously like beer. Tsk, tsk. Shame on EAxis. There goes the wholesomeness. What would Carrie Nation say? Oh the horror.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 03, 19:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about the beer, but I recognised the kimchi (candy) the first time I fired up the game.  Which makes a helluva lot more sense inside a fridge than candy.

In fact, I thought it was odd that the game had so many Korean references, basegame formal wear, Korean flag and that decorative musical instrument in wall hangings.  And the uni scholarship for cleaning skill is named for a Korean too, which sent me toppling off my chair when my first uni teen got it.  Cheesy

Not that I have anything against Koreans, but it's not the culture you think of as having the biggest diaspora in the world.  Except for SoCal, of course.  Roll Eyes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 03, 20:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recognised the kimchi (candy) the first time I fired up the game.
THAT was kimchi? I'm a Korean, I eat kimchi almost everyday all my life, and I never recognized it as kimchi. Maybe because I've never seen anyone storing kimchi in a glass jar in Korea. Might be that they sell kimchi in a glass jar at Asian markets outside of Korea, like pickles or preserves.

In fact, I thought it was odd that the game had so many Korean references, basegame formal wear, Korean flag and that decorative musical instrument in wall hangings.  And the uni scholarship for cleaning skill is named for a Korean too, which sent me toppling off my chair when my first uni teen got it.  Cheesy
I was also surprised by how many Korean-themed objects were included in the base game. There are also Ha-hye-tal Mask (red laughing-face) and a foldable fan in wall hangings. As for the scholarship name, since EAxis tends to name townies after their own employees, it might be that one of them was of Korean descent with surname of Kim.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 03, 21:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And something that looks suspiciously like beer. Tsk, tsk. Shame on EAxis. There goes the wholesomeness. What would Carrie Nation say? Oh the horror.

I find it slightly more horrific that there may be all this beer in the fridge, and apparently no way for the poor sims to get at any of it.  If I was a sim, I'd be annoyed.

Tribulatio proxima est
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 03, 21:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm quite sure the Korean references reflect the Korean community as it exists in California.  In markets there, kimchi is commonly sold in glass or plastic jars, although I've seen it in vacuum-packed plastic bags, too.  

As for the uni scholarship, it is a common stereotype (again, mostly in southern California) that Koreans are OCD regarding personal and household cleanliness.  I don't doubt that the scholarship was named after an employee, but I don't think it was an accident that the Kim scholarship is for hygiene.  Wink
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 06, 02:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In-game, those look like candies to me, not kimchi, but to each their own. I think they reuse the textures on the bottles in the door.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 06, 19:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't bother me to be wrong about the kimchi, and I wasn't trying to be critical of your observation.  That's just what came into my head when I saw it, because I've seen it commonly kept in fridges, whereas I usually store my candy corn in the cupboard.  Grin
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 06, 21:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right, Staroverthebay. If they didn't, those bottles look remarkably similar.

It's also very true that it is akin to torture for the poor sims to have it in the fridge and not being able to drink it. So near, yet so far.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 10, 02:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the uni scholarship, it is a common stereotype (again, mostly in southern California) that Koreans are OCD regarding personal and household cleanliness.  I don't doubt that the scholarship was named after an employee, but I don't think it was an accident that the Kim scholarship is for hygiene.  Wink

Ugh. If only that were true. I've had a few Korean roommates who seemed hellbent on destroying such stereotypes.  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: