More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 05:35:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Expansion Packs (and whether to use them or not)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Expansion Packs (and whether to use them or not)  (Read 13324 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Expansion Packs (and whether to use them or not)
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 09, 03:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The borken wants include "earn 100k" and "max 7 skills".

Ah, yes, now I remember. I've never had max 7 skills fulfilled either. But I had read some L-n-P somewhere that if you "cheated" in any way, max 7 skills wouldn't fulfill--and I 'smart' everybody with the lot debugger, so I thought that might have been why. *shrug* It didn't bother me that they didn't get the memory, I just permaplatted them with inSim.

I have had earn 100K fulfill properly, though. India and her son both fulfilled it, complete with permaplat and memory.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 09, 03:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max All Skills will not fill properly if the last skillpoint is gained by buggy means. Some methods of skillpoint gain don't "count" correctly, so if you gain the skillpoint by one of those methods (click-and-drag, Insim, etc., as well as maybe a few legit Maxis methods), it will not "fire", and you will first have to lose that skillpoint and then regain it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 09, 03:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxing a skill should give a visible memory. If they have the memories, then they *should* be able to achieve the LTW.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 09, 07:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max All Skills will not fill properly if the last skillpoint is gained by buggy means. Some methods of skillpoint gain don't "count" correctly, so if you gain the skillpoint by one of those methods (click-and-drag, Insim, etc., as well as maybe a few legit Maxis methods), it will not "fire", and you will first have to lose that skillpoint and then regain it.

I have all of the EPs, so I've never had this problem. But, according to the post that I linked Cwykes didn't cheat the last point, and she tried multiple times by making the sim lose the point and then regain it (again without cheating) without attaining a memory or getting permaplat. But since I've never seen this I obviously can't verify any of it.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 09, 08:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only started playing a bit today after installing BV, (vacation), but I remember having issues gaining permaplat because the points were maxed out. 327,000 something or other. I 'spent' the excess points on various items, usually the elixer, and tried again with success. It seemed, in my game anyway, that if you had reached the maximum number of aspiration points before getting the last skill point, it didn't 'take'.

Point and laugh if I've got my points confused with others. It really HAS been a while.Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 09, 09:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're confused. Permaplat has nothing to do with what you describe. It is purely the work of the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 09, 09:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Pes, I thought I might be off.    I should have double checked, since it has been almost a year now since I've played with any continuity.

I will now point and laugh at myself. Cheesy
------------> ME

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 09, 22:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested the problem LTWs out when I added seasons to base + OFB.  I know max 7 skills is buggy, so having a problem with that alone would be suspect, but earn 100k, have 20 best friends and have 6 grandchildren were also unachievable.  I think tested the 20 loves and that didn't work either, but I can't swear to that.  I didn't update the linked thread with all the detail because it was necromancy by that point and of limited interest to most people.  I was missing Uni and NL, but best I could tell from other posters it was missing Uni that was the problem

These were the 6 problem LTWs you might have problems with if you don't have Uni.
knowledge - max 7 skills
fortune - earn 100k
romance - have 20 loves at once
romance - woohoo with 20 sims
reputation - have 20 best friends
family - have 6 grandchildren

I'm glad someone else mentioned the unachievable slow dance wants - that always irritated me.  syberspunk had a go at stomping it.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: