More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:28:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Booking honeymoon in BV is seriously borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Booking honeymoon in BV is seriously borked  (Read 11237 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Booking honeymoon in BV is seriously borked
« on: 2007 December 03, 05:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BV honeymoon is seriously borked. If I don't book honeymoon prior to wedding party, newlyweds don't even get the usual Limo and motive boost. If I book honeymoon, the cab wouldn't arrive at the end of wedding party. Instead, another wedding party starts all over again, resulting in Disastrous Wedding Party memory spam of course. When the second dupe party ends, the game automatically calls nanny, ignoring the fact that another adult is living in the same household to care for baby, THEN the cab arrives to pick up newlyweds, who are crying rivers over botched wedding party. Roll Eyes How sweet.

Thanks to Lot debugger, I can nuke stuck party controller to prevent memory spam. However, the cab wouldn't arrive. I have to cancel honeymoon and book regular vacation for newlyweds. This makes booking honeymoon completely pointless. What is the point of booking honeymoon in the first place, if I have to book regular vacation eventually?

This bug happens even without any hacks in patched game, and is reproducible. I wonder EAxis ever tested honeymoon at all? (Which doesn't surprise me) Could this stupidity be stomped with Awesome fix?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Booking honeymoon in BV is seriously borked
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 03, 06:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine in mine (although I don't get honeymoon limo if no vac.honeymoon booked-that is intentional). I have heard of this happening, though I can't remember what was causing it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 03, 07:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worked fine for me. I place the blame squarely on tight pants. And no, as of BV, if you do not book the honeymoon, you don't get one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 03, 13:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not so sure about the tight pants, exactly the same thing happened to me when I had just got BV and before I put anything other than BV-approved awesomehacks back in my game.

More F than you
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 03, 13:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this kind of problem in household with pets that would be left alone for the honeymoon (complete with nanny saying "there's no children here, I'm gone").... In other household it seems to work fine.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 03, 14:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had a problem with pets and sims going on a regular vacation -- the nanny comes over and 'pet sits' just fine.  Sounds like its honeymoons that are borked in that regard.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 03, 17:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that exact thing happen too; in fact I had one roofraiser party, followed by two disasterous ones.  I suspected it had to do with saving after I called the party to start (something like the headmaster bug), but I have no evidence of that.
Becasue I had saved, I tried to exit and re-try.  Same thing happened on the second try.  But when I cancelled the vacation reservation the party ran normally.

I've had many normal honeymoons both before and after that though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 03, 19:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only honeymoon weirdness I've had is that for couples with pets, the nanny arrives and  does the "no kids, outta here" thing ... and then a second nanny comes and stays, followed by the honeymoon van.

I do miss the limo.  It would be nice if a limo could come to pick up honeymooners instead of the van, but that's probably more work than the game designers wanted to do.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 03, 21:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not had any problem with this.  As noted earlier, if you do not book a honeymoon, no limo will arrive at the end of a wedding party.  In any wedding I have had, other than one where the party controller had to be terminated, the shuttle arrived immediately to take them off.

I would note that in all such cases, since there is no actual honeymoon limo, and since the sims change into casual clothes to get into the shuttle, and since there is no obvious honeymoon perk (on my IRL honeymoon the hotel provided champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - nothing like that in the game.), it is roughly the same thing to book a holiday after the wedding party and just send them off.  Once you get to the holiday sub-hoods, it's no different than any other holiday anyway (in my experience).

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 03, 21:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember right, the air fare for honeymoons is less than that for regular vacations, particularly vacations booked at the last minute -- which can make a difference for poor Sims, but not for wealthy ones.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 03, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a lot of people reporting looping wedding parties. They usually use the lot debugger to nuke party controller(?). After the debugger use the party usually works. I don't like weddings all that much so I haven't tried.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 03, 21:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a lot of people reporting looping wedding parties. They usually use the lot debugger to nuke party controller(?). After the debugger use the party usually works. I don't like weddings all that much so I haven't tried.

Huh.  If I use the "nuke party controllers" thing, the party loses the controller altogether and the party essentially becomes "just a bunch of sims visiting on the lot".  This is a great way to get the "want to have a party" want fulfilled without risking the "had lousy party" fear.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 03, 21:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  If I use the "nuke party controllers" thing, the party loses the controller altogether and the party essentially becomes "just a bunch of sims visiting on the lot".  This is a great way to get the "want to have a party" want fulfilled without risking the "had lousy party" fear.
I'm sorry, I was unclear. I meant that when the party shows signs of looping again and again, they nuke the party and while the guests are there, they start a new one that then continues properly.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 04, 04:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I was unclear. I meant that when the party shows signs of looping again and again, they nuke the party and while the guests are there, they start a new one that then continues properly.

Never thought of that, and it's just so...obvious. Embarrassed  Once again I must wonder what happened.  I was such a promising child. Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 04, 10:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried nuking the second party.  It does work, and prevents the horrible party memory, but it doesn't bring the honeymoon shuttle.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 04, 15:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried nuking the second party.  It does work, and prevents the horrible party memory, but it doesn't bring the honeymoon shuttle.

Right.  If you nuke the party, you have to re-order the holiday, in my experience.

I find that if I have a bubble blower, a cake, the wedding arch, and do a bit of auto-soc, it is almost impossible for me to have a bad party.

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 08, 19:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first instance of a looping wedding party :-/  I used the lot debugger to nuke the second one, but then about 5 Sim days later when someone had a birthday, I could not have a birthday party.  I could "throw party" by phone, and got the message to break out the refreshments etc., but when the people arrived I got no party controller.  It was just a gathering.  I tried "throwing party" again and invited another person, but when he arrived I sitll didn't get a party controller.

Any insights?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 09, 04:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have to exit the lot and go back in for the party controller to reset.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 09, 12:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, jsalemi.  I'm assuming you meant save and exit, right?  I had exited without saving, but that didn't affect anything. I'll try that in a duplicate of the hood and see how it goes.

I find that now I seem to have lost the ability to have parties at any house, or at least at the 3 out of 5 houses in the neighborhood that I tried.  It's bizarre.  I had parties at these houses with no problems before the one abortive wedding party.  I tried with and without downloads -- no difference.  The only thing that has changed is that I added the BV vacation hoods before the problem started.  (None of my Sims had enough money to vacation at first -- new neighborhood -- so I waited until they had money to add the vacation hoods).

I did find a way around it.  If I click the Party-Extend option on the newest version of the lot debugger, it will start the party, with the timer at 5:29.  I'll experiment with the save and exit method when I have a chance and report back.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 09, 12:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first instance of a looping wedding party :-/  I used the lot debugger to nuke the second one, but then about 5 Sim days later when someone had a birthday, I could not have a birthday party.  I could "throw party" by phone, and got the message to break out the refreshments etc., but when the people arrived I got no party controller.  It was just a gathering.  I tried "throwing party" again and invited another person, but when he arrived I sitll didn't get a party controller.
Pzorch the Scenario controller, too, under the "AWOL Headmaster" option. It's probably also farkled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 11, 13:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried nuking the stuck party controller, saving, exiting, returning, and throwing another party -- didn't work.

I tried nuking both the stuck party controller and the AWOL Headmaster Scenario controller, saving, exiting, returning, and throwing another party -- didn't work.

So ... for whatever I reason, I can't throw parties in a normal fashion anymore at any house in that neighborhood (there are six at the moment).  But I can kick-start the party by using the Party-->Extend option, so as long as I can do that to get parties for my party-lovers, I'm satisfied.  I'll have to chalk the rest up to one of those mystery-of-life bits of game weirdness, I guess.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 11, 13:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force an error on a random object and attach the log. I'll see if I see anything obviously unusual.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 12, 13:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have reviewed the log and can't find anything unusual outright, but it seems supremely odd that you can Extend Party if you don't have a party, since extending the party explicitly requires the existence of the party controller in the first place. Are you sure you're not just being unnecessarily impatient, as the party dialog tends to have a slight delay when popping up even normally? Also: Teen Style Shit: Do you haz it?

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 12, 15:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I duz haz Teen Style Shit.  With the parties, I've waited up to a Sim hour for the controller to appear.

I've got a wedding coming up shortly.  How about if I try this:  I'll throw a wedding party, wait 2 Sim hours, create a log, nuke the party controller, wait 2 Sim hours, make a log, then extend the party and make a log.  And then my logs, I can show you them.  Unless you don't want to mess with this any further, of course.

Thanks for looking at my log Smiley

ETA:  Okay, so I go to enact the scenario described above, and I get the "take the car to the mechanic" syndrome, i.e., it won't do the "bad thing" now that I'm trying to show you it.   I threw the wedding party and the party controller appeared after 30 Sim minutes.

I have to go to work now -- took the morning off.  I guess in the interim you can P&L or something  Cheesy  If it does it again, I'll definitely let you know.  Thanks so much for the time you invested.  *HUG*
« Last Edit: 2007 December 12, 17:05:01 by phyllisp » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: