More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:47:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Community Wedding... POST BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Wedding... POST BV  (Read 8111 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Community Wedding... POST BV
« on: 2007 December 09, 08:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV came out I haven't been able to have a base hood comm lot wedding. Only Vacation Comm lot weddings. I cleaned out all my mods when BV came out and I can't remember which mods allowed you to have wedding parties on base hood comm lots. Please help !!!!!!!!!!!

I tried searching but all I found were information on having weddings on vacation comm lots.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Community Wedding... POST BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 09, 14:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think squinge had a hack that allowed you to throw parties on community lots, but it stopped working several expansion packs ago.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 09, 15:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you asked. I have a couple who desperately want to get married, one wants desperately to throw a wedding party, and yet their home lot is simply too small. Hopefully someone will have a solution.

I didn't realize it would work on vacation comm lots though. I guess I just take their immediate family on vacation to get the job done?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 09, 16:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tested it since BV, but it used to be possible to get married on owned community lots, but you couldn't throw parties.  I sometimes did weddings as outings in stead.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 09, 17:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have only been able to get married on community lots with Squinge's Community Weddings hack (last updated 5/21/07).  It is still working in BV, and I have had 2 beach weddings (twikki island), one downtown wedding, one base neighborhood owned community lot wedding, and one home wedding since installing BV - so that pretty much covers all the different scenarios.  All worked fine, but only with the hack in place.  Without the hack, there are no options available when you try to click on the arch.

I'm not sure if that one is at the graveyard.  I can upload it if you can't find it.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 09, 19:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did find it a the graveyard, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info!

Gethane Sims
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 10, 02:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was that hack compatible with the Inteenimator?

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 10, 20:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it comes up on HCDU as conflicting, but I played with them both in for a long time without problems.  I recently had to ditch inteen though, because it wasn't playing nicely with noinstantloves (a tough choice!), and was preventing my YAs from getting engaged, but I'm pretty sure that problem didn't have to do with the community weddings mod. 

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 10, 21:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know that it was Vacation community lot only.  I thought BV allowed you to get married on any lot.  Crap, it was a waste of time making up those lots for Pleasantview.  Yet another example of EAxis putting in their best half arsed effort.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 11, 00:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can get married on a community lot in my base hood just fine (I have all EP's up to and including BV). It's an owned community lot, though. And they can't throw a party, of course, since I didn't think Squinge's hack still worked. Might give it a try.

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 11, 13:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, that Squinge community weddings hack has nothing to do with the wedding party, just the wedding ceremony itself.  The community parties hack was a different one that unfortunately stopped working a long time ago.  I use Monique's computer to invite friends and family to the lot for the ceremony. 

On a side note though, I still have never been able to cut a wedding cake on a community lot.  I've heard people say they've done it though.  The only option I get on the cake is to clean it up.  Has anyone here ever managed it?

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 12, 05:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never have, same problem. I wonder if hacks/expansion packs matter? I never tried it before Nightlife.

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 12, 18:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't there have to be an actual wedding party scenario going on for those options to turn up on the cake in the first place?

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 12, 18:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave it to EA to "give" the community something they wanted i.e. weddings on community lots. But ef it up so much that it doesn't work right, and now the hacks don't work right either. Plus, losing the limousine Sad

Gethane Sims
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 13, 18:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The limo has always been a tetch glitchy for me, through several reinstalls on various machines. Like one of the newly marrieds somehow misses their cue to sprint for the limo (or can't reach it fast enough while the partygoer exodus has all the exits clogged), so every so often I'll wind up with the groom schlepping around the house, cleaning up after the party while the bride is stuck in the limo with her needs steadily decaying.

I own BV but haven't played it yet - I think I'll miss that tetchy limo, though. Nothing says "Happy Newlyweds" like a groom riding shotgun with the driver, instead of in the ginormous, stretch backseat with his brand-new wife Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: