More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:24:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Just how the hell many pictures do you have to acquire on vacay...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just how the hell many pictures do you have to acquire on vacay...  (Read 13019 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Just how the hell many pictures do you have to acquire on vacay...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 11, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

I guess I should have mentioned I use YAFSScreen, it saves the screenshots I take to the folder I set it to, in the file type I want and stuff.  I later crop them because I usually don't need the whole picture and I'd rather not resize them if I don't have to. When I save them, I name-number them according to their place in the story/chapter.

Then, I open the folder I put that chapters pictures in - in Window Explorer (thumbnail view, switch to flimstrip if i need to) - so I can see the pictures while I'm typing up that chapter in Notepad.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 11, 13:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like SnagIt for screenshots -- it gives me more flexibility than a simple printscreen. I do use the crappy in-game camera for stories I'm going to upload to the Exchange, though. I used storybook viewer for a while, but eventually found it too clunky. Editing the .xml directly is a good idea, I wish I'd thought of that before.
I proof in Wordpad, but find actually writing in it troublesome since I can't see the photos. I'm a bad bunny, though, and am behind on everything.

If I'm editing text in wordpad, I often have the storytelling folder open as well.  I have it set to the "thumbnail" view in "date modified" or "date taken" order so they are in the same order as the story more or less.  That way I can see the sequence and don't need to check the picture numbers too often.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 11, 16:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like SnagIt for screenshots -- it gives me more flexibility than a simple printscreen. I do use the crappy in-game camera for stories I'm going to upload to the Exchange, though. I used storybook viewer for a while, but eventually found it too clunky. Editing the .xml directly is a good idea, I wish I'd thought of that before.
I proof in Wordpad, but find actually writing in it troublesome since I can't see the photos. I'm a bad bunny, though, and am behind on everything.

Oh, sheesh, I am so far behind it's ridiculous. I'm procrastinating because I hate Uni when I can't cheat to shorten it, and I have 11 Sims to get through in this generation. Give me a nice romance Sim over an insane family Sim any day.

I wonder if there's an .xml editor that shows pictures. That's probably not even possible, is it?
Yeah, it was quad + cousins in college that did it for me. I had to actually play through, too, because I was working Merivale towards the 20-woohoo want, plus trying to couple off the rest of the quads and keep Carter from burning the kitchen down. And the hula. Oh, lordy, the hula. Between that and the fact that Albert's girlfriend happens to be a vacation local who came over for three days and proceeded to teach everyone to bow, I almost hit the smite button. Nevermind that they also taught their little sister the hula when she came to visit and now everyone in the main house is autonomously turning on the stereo and hula-ing.

So I think about four of the thirty slides of Ridges 3 is written in. I'm just not liking them at the moment, but I know that as soon as I get Aquitaine done with having babies and my population-reducing plan over with, I'll be all for them again. Dark Side of the Moon 2 is fairing better. First half is done, I just got bored with it when I was forced to have everyone but the first child meditate and then had another stupid quad outbreak, but a good marry-in against my personal rules gave them much-needed food rights.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 12, 01:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly don't know what to tell you. When I click the link in my quote above, it goes to the page, and the download links work.  Undecided

Whoa, I guess they ban certain IP address, then. It never works for me for more than half an hour, just tried and still gave me error, but when I tried to access the site through a proxy, it works just fine Huh
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: