More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!  (Read 115113 times)
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 December 04, 19:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, that snowman makeup is B-A-D.

I saw the candy skankwear on TSR (while finding my submissions) but didn't look closely.  It IS horrible.  *smacks self for not submitting it*

I saw the Parsimonious stuff (in particular the horrible "elder abuse" offerings), too.  I would put them on my elders.  I like making my elders stand out (I have the flamingo outfit from Parsimonious and it's quite startling in game).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 December 04, 19:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While maybe not the crappiest stuff out there, these are pay for some unknown reason:

From TSR, by Cloisonne. Link:http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/christmas/longlist/page7in505items/
(bottom of the page)

And the purple one here is really badly made:

And they are also pay. Probably because the mesh is. Link:http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/407436/

(And what's up with the necklines in the photo?)

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 December 04, 20:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the south could give Florida a run for its money... Cool

Uh... have you looked at a map lately? Florida is in the South. It's the wiener of America.

I don't get the green and red outfits for Valentine's Day. Why the green? And those poor animals.

Florida's not the south... Florida is Florida.... the south is Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, etc.... Tongue

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
lauren
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 December 04, 20:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas/

strange christmas bedding

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas/page2in2068items/
Unnaturally square candles

These aren't too bad but why does that dumbass snowman have candles on his head

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240794
Here's something called thanksgiving from feeEssen I think she means the german version  it's still awful

rotten pumpkins  Lips sealed

weird flowers at least I think they're flowers

and a cow Huh
photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 December 04, 20:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone needs to steal evi's computer and toss it into a ditch....  Lips sealed

I'm a she.
asthehind
Retarded Reprobate

I think, therefore I am overqualified.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 December 04, 22:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some TSR crimes:

Sorry, lost the link for that one.
I think this just takes the biscuit... That's a wreath?!

This monstrosity is available at: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=74739
And what's going on with the shawl?

By popular demand, Tongue Deer:
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 December 04, 23:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. I recommend Florida for optimal tackiness. You will probably go blind. Most people just put up some lights, a wreath, it's nice. But every few blocks, there's that one house with 14 different glowing Christmas creatures in the front yard, a life-size glowing creche, and 5 different styles of lights, all of them blinking, covering every square inch of property.

When I lived in Merritt Island, the fellow across the street and one over hired people to decorate for him.  He had the full santa set on the roof with additional lights, lighted candy cane posts along his driveway (complete with lights strung between them), lights spiraled around his palm trees in three colours, more tacky lighted crap on the front "lawn", etc.  It was a nightmare.  And my bedroom window faced it, yay.

Uh... have you looked at a map lately? Florida is in the South. It's the wiener of America.

Florida's not the south... Florida is Florida.... the south is Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, etc.... Tongue

Absolutely.  The only part of Florida I consider being the south is maybe the panhandle.  Aside from that, there's too many imports and retirees and whatnot to ever think I'm living in the south.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 December 04, 23:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Florida makes the rest of the South look SMART. Need I remind you that Florida is the DUMBEST state in the US, full of people who CANNOT EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO VOTE?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Parsimonious Kate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 December 05, 00:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My submission: PARSIMONIOUS. Pretty much ALL of their holiday stuff is awful, from this year and last year! Their special advent calendar promises something new and horrible for each day leading up to Christmas!

http://www.parsimonious.org/events/xmas/3/3.shtml

Gosh and yet again I find myself thrilled and delighted that you have honored us by putting us up there with the likes of Buntah and Fee Essen! How utterly marvelous Cheesy

Ellatrue, it is very odd but I have scoured my guest book and my site emails and I can't find a single email from you requesting permission to use our bandwidth to post images here? Obviously the fact that you are indeed linking directly to our pictures means you must have received a reply to your request from me to say that you could hot-link to our server, I've clearly managed to misplace it, so perhaps you'd be kind enough to forward that back to me for my reference?
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 December 05, 01:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get the green and red outfits for Valentine's Day. Why the green? And those poor animals.

...they're kinda farther south than us (Alabama, here)... Even if they aren't much like us.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 December 05, 01:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Florida makes the rest of the South look SMART. Need I remind you that Florida is the DUMBEST state in the US, full of people who CANNOT EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO VOTE?

*snicker* Sure, like the one year when polls were only open to Republicans in the area I lived in.  For some mysterious reason, Democrats were being turned away due to some "difficulties."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 December 05, 01:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that's not stupid, that's just good, old-fashioned corruption.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 December 05, 03:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I mentioned in the post, images will be rehosted when I get a chance. That time being now.  Wink

Is a single image that bad? Or do all the links count as hot-linking, too? I didn't realize that one image for one day could matter, but then maybe I don't understand how this works? Huh

When I was in Germany I could not find a single pumpkin ANYWHERE- although they had a lot of similar gourds, like the weird green ones. All the other Christmas stuff actually looks okay to me (maybe the candles are like a Christmas Santa Lucia sort of wreath?), but WTF is with the terrifying Santa gremlin?

photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 December 05, 03:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that would be why the smart states have mail in ballots Tongue

I'm a she.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 December 05, 03:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, because mail-in ballots can't be tampered with AT ALL. Or, you know, "lost in the mail."

photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 December 05, 03:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

I'm a she.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 December 05, 04:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this just takes the biscuit... That's a wreath?!

It looks like some kind of torture device to me.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 December 05, 04:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Florida is "The South", both geographically and socially. They fought on the side of the Confederacy during the Civil War, there are numerous people down here with Confederate flags on their cars, the politicians are blatantly and obviously corrupt, lynching was a common hobby here in the early part of the 20th century, segregation was institutionalized for as long as it was allowed to be by the feds, and their lemonade tastes like corn syrup.

Also, that green thing is weird and hideous.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2007 December 05, 04:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the folks at TSR

Here's one:
[Borked Picture 1]
I'm sorry, but this is just...., well, it's plain ugly. Poor cat. For those who like to look where the cat came from:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas%20cat/page4in2019items/

Here's a very strange one:
[Borked Picture 2]
I truly don't know what to say about that one. Here's the linky for those who would like to torture their pixel people:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas/page16in2019items/
I'm sorry to nitpick, Veilchen, but please hotlink your IMG tags to TSR as your pictures are borked and you were never ment to rehost pictures from fucking paysites in the first place. Also, I clicked your links and couldn't find your submissions.
FANKOO.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
scheherazade
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 December 05, 06:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traditional head gear for Saint Lucia's Day, marks the beginning of the Christmas season, and is traditionally celebrated in Scandanavian countries I believe.
FireFlyNine
Blathering Buffoon

Pirate Bird doesn't pay for her downloads.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 December 05, 08:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traditional head gear for Saint Lucia's Day, marks the beginning of the Christmas season, and is traditionally celebrated in Scandanavian countries I believe.

But on a snowman? Even if you did it to celebrate, the candles wouldn't stay lit for long. Up here it's windy as helll and snowing.

"The moral of it speaks to me : rape me, sodomize me, beat me, but don't ever - ever - try to make me cook and clean." - Khaki
"The people revolted and said let there be buttsecks!" - Assmitten
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 December 05, 08:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, they walked round with hats on with candles in them?!?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 December 05, 09:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smokey Bear does not approve.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Parsimonious Kate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 December 05, 09:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I mentioned in the post, images will be rehosted when I get a chance. That time being now.  Wink

Is a single image that bad? Or do all the links count as hot-linking, too? I didn't realize that one image for one day could matter, but then maybe I don't understand how this works? Huh

Seriously? Next time you decide to steal a few things from your local store, try that argument on with the store security and see how they like it.

We're losing 25Gb + every day to people hot-linking without permission, that sort of bandwidth makes a real difference to some of the smaller sites I host, what exactly gives you the right to make that even just a little bit worse?

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 December 05, 10:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and a cow Huh

FYI: These cows have obviously been decorated for the so-called "Almabtrieb", the day when the cattle is brought down from the alpine pastures to spend the winter in the barns. I don't think this is celebrated anywhere else than in the rural areas of Southern Germany, Austria and Swiss (I might be wrong, of course), but the decoration, although poorly made, is at least somewhat authentic.

Edited to add missing "s"
« Last Edit: 2007 December 05, 10:21:03 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: