More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:49:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  University / Secret Society 4 the Old Guys like G.W.Bush
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: University / Secret Society 4 the Old Guys like G.W.Bush  (Read 8697 times)
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
University / Secret Society 4 the Old Guys like G.W.Bush
« on: 2007 November 30, 21:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the sims leave the university they can t go in the Secret Society anymore..

It would be nice if they could visit it further on.

Any ideas how to fix it.

(Sorry, not my mother tongue)

thx for all the nice fixes here. Smiley
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: University / Secret Society 4 the Old Guys like G.W.Bush
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 01, 19:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the appeal of SS? I really don't get it. It just seems like an annoyance to me.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: University / Secret Society FOR the Old Guys like G.W.Bush
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 01, 20:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see the appeal of this either (unless the OP is really bad at earning reward objects or something), and think about what would happen in real life if this happened: a creepy old guy who had left the University 20 years ago comes back. Do the students:
a. welcome back this person with open arms, even though most of them will have never seen or heard of him before?
b. call the police?
c. throw things?

Because, in reality, it's more likely to be b (and c, depending on how drunk they are) than a.

And why does the title mention Bush? It wasn't there when this thread was first posted, and I can only assume that its purpose is to try and get more people into this thread.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 01, 20:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like another first-and-only post, Venusy. Maty seems to be getting a lot of these lately.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 01, 20:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they may be thinking of Skull and Bones.  While I'm not (obviously) a member, I don't think members "go back to visit it."  The point is to join in University (in that case, Yale) and form relationships that help later, which is I suppose the reason for all the career reward items at the SS.  Of course, the friendships you make at the Landgrabb Society don't do you a darned bit of good unless you have multiple sims get in and then graduate.

I've always thought it was a little strange that adults can't go to college, unless a student invites them, and that somehow professors have never gone to University (no memory, no want slots, etc.)  And of course, University consists entirely of bubble blowing, sports mascots, and professors getting into students' pants, which isn't how I remember it and it isn't much like it now, either.

Uni is the EP that made me scratch my head the most, shrug my shoulders, and conclude, "well, it's only a game."

PB

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 01, 23:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean, professorbutters. I finally decided I'd just play University the way I wanted. My Sims study a lot, have lots of parties, and have lots of sex. Which... is pretty much how it was for me Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 02, 00:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meen it other way. Sry...
The old guys should have their own Secret lot in the normal neighborhood like Strangetown. (Only the bonesman hrhr)
Is their a way now with BV?

I think it would be cool if their was more than only special handshakes after the uni.

It would be cool if you can meet ure friends from the Secret Society after university in the way like it was in university but now on the normal neighborhoods.

Hope u understand the wish now.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 02, 00:57:39 by No Cheats » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 02, 01:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I asked what the appeal is. It really needs to be more than just "cool" to justify all the horrible coding involved. I'm not completely sure it's possible to have secret lots on normal hoods.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 02, 01:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meen it other way. Sry...
The old guys should have their own Secret lot in the normal neighborhood like Strangetown. (Only the bonesman hrhr)
Is their a way now with BV?

I think it would be cool if their was more than only special handshakes after the uni.

It would be cool if you can meet ure friends from the Secret Society after university in the way like it was in university but now on the normal neighborhoods.

Hope u understand the wish now.

They're is no way at present, that I know of, to build a secret society in the main 'hood, but then again, I have not really looked.  As mentioned above, many of us don't understand the point of the SS at Uni, apart from it being a change of scenery.  There is no benefit that I can see to having this.  You might use the search function to check for threads on building secret society lots (guess what you're keywords should be).

Now - kan u c wut bits o the above words r makin fun o u?
Learn to spell.   kthxbai.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 02, 03:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The're not much point to making the effort to make one: Being in the SS's lasting bonus is mostly that you can perform the Secret Handshake forever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 02, 10:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you four the replys.

The benefit four me was that I have a Lot where the bonesman can go and meet only bonesman without townies. A privat party room, holding friendship up.  Grin

I go now learning spelling.  Grin 

Nice work, nice webside here.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 02, 10:12:54 by No Cheats » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 02, 10:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use twojeffs' Visitor Controller (to be found here, register to have access to the VC, because it's still beta) to set up an exclusive club. It allows you to ban sims of certain characteristics (townie / gender / aspiration / age group etc.) from the lot.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 02, 10:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This listen perfect. (not the part with beta   Cheesy )

I check it out. Realy, realy thanks!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 02, 13:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the beta VC since it came out and I have no problems with it.  It seems to do what I want it to.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 02, 14:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Visitor Controller ever since it was still the multiple paintings (way back when) and I consider it a must to preserve my sanity. The newest VC was also installed, and will be again as soon as I can install the game again. I had no problems, it worked beautifully. That is one mod I won't play without.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 02, 17:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So many things are now possible for me now.  Grin

thx aaaarrrg learning spelling...  Kiss thanks.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 03, 09:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one mod I won't play without.

Same here - it was the VC that brought me to MATY back then, right after Pets release. If I hadn't found something to ban critters from my lots (that was just one annoyance too much), I would have stopped playing TS2 for good. Which, on the other hand, would have spared me a lot of time and money Grin.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 03, 14:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. The strays and the penguin are supremely annoying. In Uni-land I usually ban the coach and the professors. Unless I want to use the coach for skillpoint acquirement. Then I briefly allow her/him. It annoys me that those coaches just interupt my simmies, and they don't follow rhyme or reason. They beleaguer even those YA's that have maxed body-skill and maxed fitness. What the hell is up with that?

I love to be able to make specialty hang-outs. Like a teen hangout, elder hang-out, etc.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 03, 15:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me that those coaches just interupt my simmies, and they don't follow rhyme or reason. They beleaguer even those YA's that have maxed body-skill and maxed fitness. What the hell is up with that?

I found it highly amusing earlier while playing that a coach marched onto my lot, waved at a few people, then left.  The least he could have done was make like a drill sergeant on the one fat dormie in sight.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: