More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:31:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Simkid wants friendship with self - BFBVFS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simkid wants friendship with self - BFBVFS?  (Read 4798 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Simkid wants friendship with self - BFBVFS?
« on: 2007 November 30, 06:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never encountered this problem before, and have no idea what prompted it. I've been very careful to avoid BFBVFS in this particular custom neighbourhood (unlike my test hood, where I purposely do stupid things); however, I suddenly have a simkid who wants to make friends with himself. AFAIK, he is the only one affected by this want. Is there any way to fix him in SimPE, or should I just give up on the entire hood and start anew? I've been playing this hood for about a year, and would be very sad to let it go at this stage in its development. Yes, I did a search on this topic before posting, and no, I do not use the kitten killer, though I do I use the object edition of the puppy killer. Plz help, kthanxbai.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Simkid wants friendship with self - BFBVFS?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 30, 06:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting all self-relationships which may have somehow formed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 30, 18:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't this used to be a common problem in Uni with the hand held game?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 15, 16:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting-- because this problem started happening for me with the installation of Bon Voyage. No children created before that EP had this problem, but now I consistently have children who want to make friends with themselves all throughout their childhood, but it clears up when they age transition and doesn't reappear. I've been careful to backup things since I installed BV. I thought it might be like the Uni handheld dilemma, but no one else seemed to be encountering it, so I thought it was me. Hmm.
I'll have to go see if I can track down what's causing this.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 15, 17:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started having slightly similar problems with BV as well, with a fresh neighborhood. Make sure your hacks are up-to-date and delete the sim wants&fears files in SimPE. That fixed it for me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 15, 21:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, these kids are suffering from low Self of Steam.  I wonder what would happen if you used SimPE to make them friends of themselves?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 15, 23:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a "met self" bug with the bar that caused a BFBVFS? I'd be worried it would have the same effect.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Kattan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 07, 13:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't this used to be a common problem in Uni with the hand held game?

AFAIK, yeah, although with children I've not had that problem (mostly because I don't have BV and my next planned EP is Free Time, already pre-ordered and just waiting for them to not push back the release date again  Undecided). At the moment, I have Don Lothario roaming around Pleasantview with the fear of falling out of love with himself. It's too damned amusing for me to even think about nuking.

I deny your earth-logic and substitute my own!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 08, 00:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run into this problem twice since installing BV, once with an adult and - just a few days ago - with a kid.  Some, but not all, of the sims who spin to adult end up with themselves in their SimPE relations.  This kid didn't have one of those. 

My theory is that the want was directed at some invisible memory belonging to another sim.  Nuking all gossip and re-rolling got rid of the kid's want and it hasn't returned.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: