More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 02:32:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampire daytime skilling
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire daytime skilling  (Read 3500 times)
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
Vampire daytime skilling
« on: 2007 November 28, 20:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that as long as your vampires were skilling before daylight (stargazing, practicing speech, studying, etc.) and they don't stop, then they can continue doing so all day long with no motive decay as long as they don't get interrupted?  I thought this was so cool.  Now I just wonder if the reason they don't react to the sun coming up is because of a MATY hack like no ADHD.  Now I know I could experiment and find out for myself, but I thought it would be so much easier to ask the experts. Wink  BTW, I like that this is possible, so I'm not looking to take out the hack if there is one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Vampire daytime skilling
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 29, 02:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, that's part of the game, the motive decay doesn't reset until their queue terminates. There is a hack that has an influence on it, but this merely reverses the original backwardness: In the unmodified game, a vampire will exhibit no reaction and not lose queue as long as he is OUTSIDE when morning arrrives. Vampwerefixes changes it so it works the other way around, that the reaction will occur OUTSIDE, and not in the basement. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 29, 02:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampwerefixes changes it so it works the other way around, that the reaction will occur OUTSIDE, and not in the basement. Tongue

Awesome, thanks for the information.  Yes, the fix in vampwerefixes makes a great deal of sense. I remember the days before the hack when they would react to the sun in the basement.  I think that's why I was confused that I could leave them doing something all day long with no motive decay.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 29, 07:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motive decays will not reset themselves until you save/exit/reload, or something terminates the queue, causing a Set Motives Awake to fire. Power Idle will also continuously update per cycle to simulate empty queue, but other actions will retain their present base decays until termination. Therefore, without fixes, if you park a vampire sim OUTSIDE before dawn, he will persist in his action indefinitely, whereas with it, the results are reversed, so they do not react to the sun when in the basement anymore.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: