More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:10:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jewelery and Custom hair turn-on/off non working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jewelery and Custom hair turn-on/off non working  (Read 5379 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Jewelery and Custom hair turn-on/off non working
« on: 2007 November 28, 09:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I' dlike to know if I'm the only one noticing this : since seasons the custom hair turn-on/off doesn't work anymore and the BV jewelery one doesn't seem to work at all either.
For the custom hair one, I think the problem come from the hair, not from the turn-on/off. If you choose some custom hair (maxis or binned, didn't try with non-binned hair, as I don't have that in game anymore) for a sim, the toggle stays on their former hair color.
Example to clarify : I have this blond sim, I gave him a make over with maxis green custom hair : the toggle still stays on blond and his wife (turn-on : blond hair, turn-off custom hair) still says "woha you're hot because you're blond" when he asks her if she likes wxhat she sees.
For the BV jewelery : the turn-on/off doesn't seem to work at all : I've tested this (not thouroughly) with some sims having jewelery as a turn-off and giving their significant other jewelery (maxis and/or custom it doesn't matter) : the chemestry did not change (as shown with bolts, ACR will I woohoo and "do you like what you see"). If change the turn-off to say beard and give one to the husband, intant change in bolts, drop in attraction score as shown with ACR and she says "bleh you have a beard it is disgusting !" when asked...
So could someone more awesome than me look into this and tell me if there is a hope for a fix with a hack, or if it is a problem only maxis could fix........
I have some suspicion the custom hair one appearde with seasons, and the hair fiasco (NPC with the wrong hair color, uniform with the wrong hair color, hair styling changing on age transition), which are corrected in the last seasons patch, but not this one.

Thanks.
Pioupiou.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Jewelery and Custom hair turn-on/off non working
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 28, 19:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought that custom hair only meant non-binned hair, and that the game saw binned hair as its proper color, and not custom.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 28, 20:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a little confused too, but I think I understand Pioupiou's example.  Isn't maxis green hair custom?  I don't know if that would be considered binned or not, but the game is supposed to recognise it as a turn-on/off.

I've noticed since Seasons that when choosing custom hair of any kind (maxis or cc), the toggle stays on the sim's natural colour even though the dialog shows all the custom styles.  I had not noticed whether other sims see it correctly as custom hair.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 28, 22:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, seelindarun is right, I'm talking about hair binned in the custom catgory, or maxis hair already in this custom (asterisk) category, such as the green, blue and purple hair that came with the base game (rainbow mohawk), uni or nightlife....
Since seasons, they no longer work for the turn-on/off. I did not test custom un-binned hair, as I no longer have such a thing in my game.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 29, 22:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't the hair turn on/offs only relate to the sim's genetic hair colour now? I think that was a 'feature' introduced with Seasons...

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 30, 08:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't the hair turn on/offs only relate to the sim's genetic hair colour now? I think that was a 'feature' introduced with Seasons...

Hm... I remember changing a sim's hair from brown to red, and suddenly, her husband had an additional bolt for her (one of his turn ons was red hair, obviously ^^). This was definitively after Seasons release, and I don't think anything else between them changed  Huh

Just to make sure I got that right: correctly binned custom hair is no longer considered custom by the game?

« Last Edit: 2007 November 30, 08:21:18 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 30, 09:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure I got that right: correctly binned custom hair is no longer considered custom by the game?
You're right : correctly color-binned hair is seen as the color they are (brown, red, blond or black) except for custom (which is seen as the previous hair color of the sim, not the genetic one : say you have ablond sim, you change him to black then to custom : the game sees him to be black-haired).
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 30, 10:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure this is relevant, but unbinned custom hair is has a random custom hairtone string, making it sort of "genetic custom", while maxis "custom" hair is 00000006-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 making it only available in the mirror, not in CAS.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 30, 16:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick-fix would be to edit the sim in SimPE. Under Sim Information, there's a tab for turn-on & -offs, which list what qualities the sim has according to the game. So you can manually toggle "Custom hair" and save. This is annoying to have to do, though.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 30, 17:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it doesn't stick very well : I tried it when I first noticed the turn-on/off problem : but it will change back to whatever it was if the sim change appearance in game (mirror) or if the sim over-heats/freezes/tans etc.... Annoying.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 30, 17:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you have to look twice if the edit made in simpe worked. I had some probs with this not working. Sometimes editing them is not saved in SimPE.
Edit: pioupiou was faster than me. It helps to load another tap and take another look at the turn on and off tab after that, you should see if its saved or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: