More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:35:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Crashing problem...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashing problem...  (Read 14678 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Crashing problem...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 30, 18:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always possible that it's a corrupt core file.

Replace Objects.package?
I don't think I've ever had the objects file cause crashing. All manner of oddities in game. Missing maxis textures or meshes, meshes that look like they went through a blender, blinking blue things, so forth so on. Haven't had crashing but it could be possible. I had recent attempted to help out someone on LJ. We had her remove the downloads, the neighborhoods, groups.cashe ....didn't think of the scrpts, it finally took reinstalling.  Anyway, I find that telling people how to replace their core files without reinstalling seems to get the reaction that they feel that it is beyond them. How hard is dragging them from the cd and just unzipping? Hmm? honestly?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 30, 18:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can sympathize, Morriganrant. I recently saw a player on another forum begging someone to put up a file for download. It was seemingly impossible to make it clear to him that he already HAD the file. On his game cd. It ended up with him stalking out the door (in a manner of speaking) being very displeased with us.

But the sim-files, downloaded or not, are quite messy. Not a surprise, them being EAxis and all. But I just recently, when I still had my old computer to play on, had a recolor that caused all kinds of problems with the phones. All sims suddenly jumped out of action when they were instructed to place a call. They could receive them just fine, they just couldn't call.

I had to go through my whole download folder to isolate the file. Needless to say, I left the recolors till last. Needless to say, the culprit was a recolor. A recolor! Who'd have thought that. So it usually is best to suspect everything.

Hey, a new EAxis slogan: Suspect everything!

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 30, 18:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, that reminds me of the time when I was told "ohno, meshes for clothing cannot cause a problem ever!"  lol  I think we all remember how that one turned out *nightmare*!

It's amazing how the little things can cause the game to go all wonky.

Ivy

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 30, 19:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, that reminds me of the time when I was told "ohno, meshes for clothing cannot cause a problem ever!"  lol  I think we all remember how that one turned out *nightmare*!

It's amazing how the little things can cause the game to go all wonky.

Ivy

Ahhh, I remember those days. I never believed them. Lucky for me, because the first time I ever had a crashing problem, that was exactly what I narrowed it down to and three other people on LJ had the same file and the crashing.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 30, 19:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You both are talking about the dress as a top mod, right? That was indeed a mess.

I still can't believe how people who warned against that mod were treated. It's definitely a great example for making people aware that even mods that are 'featured' on otherwise good sites can have major issues, and can cause major problems.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 30, 19:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, never had that one. I had this clothing file that I couldn't even remember downloading, it had Romance in the name. I do know that it was from MTS2 it may have been around NL.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 November 30, 21:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You both are talking about the dress as a top mod, right? That was indeed a mess.

I still can't believe how people who warned against that mod were treated. It's definitely a great example for making people aware that even mods that are 'featured' on otherwise good sites can have major issues, and can cause major problems.

Yup, that's the one.  And thank you Veilchen, yes it was horrible for everyone who tried to point out the flaw. That is why I take such great care at testing anything new in my "test" neighborhood now before it goes into my real 'hoods.  The less headaches the better!

Lucky for me, because the first time I ever had a crashing problem, that was exactly what I narrowed it down to and three other people on LJ had the same file and the crashing.

This makes me so happy.  Not that you were having problems, but the fact that all that fuss we kicked up actually got attention to the problem and you were able to fix it.  Thank you!

Smiley
Ivy

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 01, 00:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky for me, because the first time I ever had a crashing problem, that was exactly what I narrowed it down to and three other people on LJ had the same file and the crashing.

This makes me so happy.  Not that you were having problems, but the fact that all that fuss we kicked up actually got attention to the problem and you were able to fix it.  Thank you!

Smiley
Ivy

then you'll probably be very pleased to know that I was able to help others who had the same problem with that file, all because of 'the fuss you kicked up'. That 'fuss' made me remember it even though I never used that file Smiley   That file still pops up every so often causing trouble for people.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 01, 03:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is wonderful to know that Sleepycat.  I can only hope one day it'll finally work its way out of the system and there won't be any more problems.

Smiley
Ivy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 01, 03:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall being mistreated over reporting the issue, but that is probably because I have sufficient clout to make such a declaration and be listened to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CountessAmy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 03, 05:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I fixed that problem.  I ended up wiping my harddrive. I am pretty sure it all had something to do with Securom 7.2 that was included in NWN2, which i would never had known had one of you not mentioned it.  Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: