More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:30:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anything like NoAutonomyComputerGames for BV?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anything like NoAutonomyComputerGames for BV?  (Read 2443 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Anything like NoAutonomyComputerGames for BV?
« on: 2007 December 03, 09:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am aggrieved by Sims playing computer games all the time. Especially since it's an action that takes time to start and finish, so even if I cancel it they still waste a chunk of time.

I had Inge's lovely NoAutonomyComputerGames, but that is listed as not compatible with Bon Voyage (checked again today...), so no go. Does anybody know of another hack that does the same job, but is BV-compatible?

(I know Monique's computer, but I'd rather have something that stops the autonomous behaviour on all computers, rather than having to use Monique's computers on every lot...)

TIA!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Anything like NoAutonomyComputerGames for BV?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 03, 09:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We stopped doing anti-autonomies for things that don't afflict visitors. As visitors don't do this, it is recommended that you simply either A: Lock the computer room with APO's "Anti-Autonomous" lock, or B: Slap on Power Idle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 03, 10:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes... Forgot to specify that I'm looking for a non-awsome hack...  Smiley

(I like to give my Sims a slightly higher level of autonomy than power-idle, and usually the computer lives in the same room with stuff that I want the Sims to have access to...)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 03, 10:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then, why are you asking HERE? We are considering this issue resolved at this time. If we went back to making anti-autonomies for everything in the book, nothing would ever get done. Perhaps we may revisit this issue in a fashion by rewriting the autonomy AI, but not at this time. The idea of doing "Power Autonomy" has come to mind before.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: