More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:22:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Objects for Download for Life Stories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Objects for Download for Life Stories  (Read 5157 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
New Objects for Download for Life Stories
« on: 2007 December 01, 16:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://sims.yahoo.com/downloads/petstories

Has anyone been able to download these new objects yet?  If so does anyone have them available?

Thanks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: New Objects for Download for Life Stories
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 01, 17:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least two of those items are, IIRC, already in the Real Game. Policy here is that we do not recommend buying or playing the insuperior "Stories" editions of TS2. They exist only to be pillaged for content for the Real Thing. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 01, 17:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Four of them are in the real game, can't say I've ever seen the Gargoyle before. Still, unless I'm mistaking it, that's an EAxis buyable cow plant, which could be useful given the buyable collection breaking feature of BV.

OP, the arcade game, the cow plant, and the bonfire all came with University. The makeover station is from OFB. Never seen the gargoyle before though.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 01, 19:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fierce gargoyle is a wall hanging that came with Sims 2 Pets.  It's in the wall hangings category, near the end ($4,500).   Except for 2 Lifestories objects,  all of the Lifestories and Petstories downloads available from sims.yahoo.com are all in the full Sims 2 and Expansions .  In the Lifestories download section, the painting and the floorlamp are exclusive to Lifestories.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 01, 21:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well basically my friend has Lifestories, I play the full version with everything but she wanted those items so I thought I would ask to see if anyone had them for use in Lifestories.

I got her LifeStories for her laptop so she could play and I told her about the plant that eats people so she wanted it.

EDIT:  Got as in downloaded from Bittorrent

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 02, 03:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just give her the real thing? Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 02, 16:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought since she was on a laptop and only has 1 gb of memory that Lifestories would play where the full version was too top heavy for a laptop.

Am I wrong on this?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 02, 18:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play it all on a 1Gb laptop when I travel.  There's more lag than on my desktop, but it works.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 02, 22:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought since she was on a laptop and only has 1 gb of memory that Lifestories would play where the full version was too top heavy for a laptop.

Am I wrong on this?
Wrong. Life Stories has higher system requirements than the original, IIRC, and the only real reason that real thing would chew up more is if you overload it as such. The only reason Life Stories is "leaner" is basically because it caps your ability to overload the game. If you just exercise self-restraint, the basic game will run as well if not better.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: