More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:24:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  BV and TSS phailings - now fixed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and TSS phailings - now fixed  (Read 2818 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
BV and TSS phailings - now fixed
« on: 2007 December 06, 10:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be the only person unable to install TSS from a torrent despite using the same methods that I have previously used to install all the other SPs.  Therefore I decided to uninstall and reinstall my game last night due to this and a general accumulation of glitchyness over the last couple of weeks.  BV, for some reason, refused to uninstall or rather the EA's Uninstall program encountered a error and had to close.  I carried on uninstalling the others EPs and then tried a manual uninstallation when I only had TS2 and BV left installed.  This appeared to work fine.

I proceeded to the disc shuffle and installed up to Seasons with all SPs except TSS.  Everything installed although at the beginning of every install I got the EA Autorun has encountered an error and will now close.  It didn't stop the installation though.  I then decided to try installing BV from my original DVD instead of the torrent I used before, however I received this message "Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system! Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer. Application will now terminate...".  I have googled the message but most people who encounter it have an unsupported graphics card or Vista with DirectX 10.  I am running XP and have a X1950 Pro.  I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and still the same message.  Dxdiag is showing that DirectX 9 is installed and working fine so I am at a bit of a loss as to why it is refusing BV.

Also now all this fucking around with it is starting to annoy me, so I guess my question is should I uninstall TS2 and try again?  If that doesn't work am I reduced to reinstalling my OS? 
« Last Edit: 2007 December 07, 00:27:03 by mildlydisguised » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: BV and TSS phailings
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 06, 13:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try reinstalling DirectX itself? DirectX can be installed from the first base game disc, by the way.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 06, 14:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I tried that too.  I wondered whether it had corrupted itself somehow but it didn't make a difference.  I just can't work out what changed in the ten minutes between the uninstall and the reinstall of the game and EPs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 06, 14:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstalling the game has been found to do wonky things to my computer also. Everytime I uninstall an expansion, it will arbitrarily unmount my hard drives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 06, 17:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid game.  I think I will reinstall XP.  Luckily I don't have much on my HD and it is all backed up anyway.  Glitchiness really irritates me.

Edit - reformated my HD and all is now well.  No errors with the autorun and no problems with TSS or BV install.  Next time my game decides to get its glitch on, it can stay that way!
« Last Edit: 2007 December 07, 00:29:23 by mildlydisguised » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: