More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:02:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More bullshit from Massive Shithead
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More bullshit from Massive Shithead  (Read 60330 times)
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
More bullshit from Massive Shithead
« on: 2007 November 22, 23:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=578780c39336bd8f93c41a9b607b290a&directoryID=211&startRow=1&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23  Roll Eyes

How the hell does that asshole keep its job?

Laura

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: More bullshit from Massive Shithead
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 23, 00:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, for a change, he's not the one being an idiot. What he's said is true, for the most part. All the online petitions in the world aren't going to change Company Policy. Neither will threatening anonymous letters.  And if people want the problem fixed, they need to give them usable data. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean he's not telling the truth.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 23, 00:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe a damn word that comes out of that asshole's mouth.  Massive Shithead couldn't care less about the paying customers and is only posting what EA wants him to post. 

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 23, 01:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which would be how he keeps his job.

This isn't MaxoidSam's fault. It's EA and Sony's fault; and he's right, if people want things to change, bitching on the BBS isn't going to do much. He's saying what they tell him to say and what will cover EA and Sony's asses.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 23, 11:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe a damn word that comes out of that asshole's mouth.  Massive Shithead couldn't care less about the paying customers and is only posting what EA wants him to post. 

It would be more dishonest for him to pretend that threads on the BBS have any hope of changing the company's policy. If you don't believe the numbers he's posted, fine, but his advice about the best way to make your dissatisfaction known makes sense to me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 23, 11:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice he's quietly trying to phish for people's personal info, so EAxis can silence them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kraken
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 23, 13:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite what MaxoidSam said the only thing EA is interested in is profit.  Until the secuROM fiasco eats into their profits in a big way it will be here to stay and will no doubt ship with Sims 3.  I doubt the Maxoids have any say in this matter at all. 

I would be very curious to know though just how the Teen stuff-it pack actually did.  Anyone know if its sales were hit by the secuROM issue?

Plus the sales of the next "Lies and Propaganda" ep should also be interesting.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 23, 15:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By towing the company line.  You'd do the same, most likely, if you wanted to keep making your rent/mortgage payments.  The decision to add SecuROM was made higher up in the EAxis hierarchy. 

As to Sam's message, too little too late.  I used to visit the BBS on occasion and help out the lost sheep.  After the SM insults, censorship, bannings, and disinformation, I've never returned to the BBS and never will.  The way customers were treated is reprehensible.  So, I refuse to help EAxis by providing free customer support nor will I purchase any more EA products. 

Maybe I'll print this and mail it to the CEO as a Grinch gift.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 23, 16:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that even after such a fiasco, the CEO's still don't care enough to investigate themselves, but still keep 'relying' on others to inform them. Surely a PR disaster such as this one deserves a little more attention. I guess they are too (self) important to bother with the 'little' people, such as their paying customers

True, SecuRom is on other game discs. What he fails to mention is that its 7.2 version is giving those game companies the same headaches. Their customers are not too pleased either. Bethesda and Bioware (the part that is not whoring itself to EA) are dropping SecuRom in newer disc releases. Funny how he forgets to mention that.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
illusionofjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 23, 22:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that even after such a fiasco, the CEO's still don't care enough to investigate themselves, but still keep 'relying' on others to inform them. Surely a PR disaster such as this one deserves a little more attention. I guess they are too (self) important to bother with the 'little' people, such as their paying customers.

An interesting thing happens once one's salary reaches a certain level: one can afford not to care anymore.  Roll Eyes
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 23, 23:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which would be how he keeps his job.

This isn't MaxoidSam's fault. It's EA and Sony's fault; and he's right, if people want things to change, bitching on the BBS isn't going to do much. He's saying what they tell him to say and what will cover EA and Sony's asses.

MaxoidSam is assuming that bitching on the bbs is all we've been doing there.  It's not.  I for one have written the EA execs., complained to the FTC, the BBB, and my State's Attorney consumer protection.  I am fairly certain at least a dozen others have done likewise.  And I have gotten some results doing these things (except the EA execs. notta), but more people need to contact them. It's going to require more than one complaint to get people to act.  The FTC informed me that they are collecting information about this, but they need enough consumers to complain before they can request a federal investigation.  With the BBB, they told me to contact the FTC, but I already had done so.  EA failed to respond to my BBB complaint and will be getting another "unresolved" mark against them for what that's worth.  I've heard nothing from my State's Attorney General, but according to the FTC they send all their information to the State's Attornies themselves.  Now all that's left to do for me is to keep bitching on the bbs.   People do watch the bbs and look to it for information.  It's about being there to inform people more than believing it will do anything to change EA.  But the fact is, MaxoidSam has been worried sick about all this, and my reading between the lines of his message is telling me he is telling us what he thinks will be more effective action.  Now why would he do that unless he wants us to be effective?  I think he wants SecuROM off the game almost as much as we do.  He just has no say about it.    Oh and btw, bugging the HELL out of them is effective!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 November 24, 00:11:45 by CelestaLovesCats » Logged

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 24, 01:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What he says makes sense to me. SecuROM was shipped on, what, hundreds of thousands of copies, he said? And they've received only roughly 150 formal complaints. That's simply not enough to call for a recall or a dump of the program.

I, for one, did not make a complaint because I was able to fix it myself with a registry cleaner and a no-cd patch. I can imagine many, many other people did the same. If a formal complaint is what they want, though, I just may have to do that.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 24, 04:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still livid with the fact that they won't throw the Dev Team under the bus for fucking up so badly.  Seriously!  They're paid to to heir jobs.  If they can't do their job (develop a game with most major bugs removed), then they should be sacked and EA should start anew.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 24, 04:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still livid with the fact that they won't throw the Dev Team under the bus for fucking up so badly.  Seriously!  They're paid to to heir jobs.  If they can't do their job (develop a game with most major bugs removed), then they should be sacked and EA should start anew.

If EA were a good company, that would be a major part of their developers' job descriptions. However, EA is not a good company, and their developers' jobs depend on very quickly churning out programs that many people will buy. Not high-quality programs, just programs. So in reality, they are doing their jobs. It's just a crappy reality.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 24, 06:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA were a good company, they'd be choking those developers as per the Darth Vader school of management: "And you have failed me for the last time."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 24, 07:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frothing and stamping of feet won't change anything. Making it clear to the *retailers* where you stand could change things.

Retailers have very slim profit margins, so if you buy their product and later return it, that will hit them in the wallet. If enough people do this, retailers will refuse to carry that product, and EA will be forced to back down.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 24, 08:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck returning opened PC games. I would usually let customers return them when I worked in a game store, but I got in trouble for it every time. Even when it was for store credit.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 24, 08:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a poor excuse was always given for this long standing stupidity. Once, when it was floppy's we were returning, the 'reason' was that malicious data could have been introduced either by accident or on purpose - which always pulled at the limits of my credulity (and believe me I can be damned credulous if not given fair warning to engage cynicism). Now we are simpy offered "It is not store policy". To which my reply is "Not fit for the purpose for which it was intended". I have returned games by this method (admittedly I will usually accept store credit which does tend to grease the wheels) but, really, if the game does not run as intended on a machine that meets or exceeds specifications then either bursting into tears in the middle of the store or threatening them with consumer affairs are both ways to get proper refunds when backed up by the legal requirement for one (at least here in Australia) of the goods not being all that they were purported to be. I know it's embarrassing, but it's not the returner that should be embarassed. It's the people trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities that should be cringing.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 24, 09:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities are never the ones you're facing, though. It's the employee who's stuck in the middle, between an irate customer now and an irate boss later. People who work in customer service get really sick of being blamed for what the company does; it's not their fault, and they have less ability to change company policy than a customer does. So complaining to the peon will do you no good at all -- better to call customer service directly, because companies do not listen to the people who work in their stores and take most of the flak for their decisions.

All you'll accomplish by throwing a shitfit in a store is to ruin someone's day. You might get your way, but I was always far less inclined to give irate or otherwise obnoxious customers what they wanted than people who were reasonable and civil, and who generally treated me like I was a human being and not a robot slave sent to thwart their whims. I didn't want the tantrum-throwers to be happy with what they got, I wanted them to stay away. Everyone I've worked with in retail has felt the same. We don't like being treated like crap any more than customers do.

The best thing to do is go to the store during a weekday, when the manager is most probably there. Managers of chains will also get in trouble for letting customers return games, but they have more clout and will be more willing to take the hit.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 24, 10:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck returning opened PC games.
Don't open the box. ARRRRRRR!

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 24, 12:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did MaxoidSam ever get back to any of the people who volunteered to be beta testers?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 24, 14:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones I talked to haven't heard from EAxis, and to be frank, I would've been very surprised if they had.

I'm guessing the 'no return if opened' is because people can install the game and play it for free - and if it needs the cd, they can run it with a no Cd crack. So once again the honest customer gets treated as a potential thief. It's not as if getting a game for free by other means is a big problem now, is it?

I also worked in retail and I know exactly what you mean, Neriana. I only worked there part time to pay the bills, but I've seen some crappy shit happening to the poor sales-floor people. As if they could change company policy on a whim. Yah. Right. Some people could do with a reality check. If they had that kind of power, they wouldn't be on the sales-floor getting just above minimum wage now, would they?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 24, 14:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, a real plunge in sale for SP and EP with secuROM is still the most effective way to speak out.

Most people won't bother to file a complaint about secuROM coz they can simply move on to something else without it.  They may not even bother to whine for $30 and just take it a well-learnt lesson about a company.

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 24, 14:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not surprised to hear there has been no further contact wrt this.  I jumped through all the same hoops with Cooper Buckingham right near the beginning of the Sims 2 series - him asking for names of experienced modders, my name being among those provided, him letting me know about this new move to work with some reps from the community, and telling me he would soon provide further details and .... wait for it ... still waiting? ... THE END!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 24, 16:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you'll accomplish by throwing a shitfit in a store is to ruin someone's day. You might get your way, but I was always far less inclined to give irate or otherwise obnoxious customers what they wanted than people who were reasonable and civil, and who generally treated me like I was a human being and not a robot slave sent to thwart their whims. I didn't want the tantrum-throwers to be happy with what they got, I wanted them to stay away. Everyone I've worked with in retail has felt the same. We don't like being treated like crap any more than customers do.
As an ex-retail worker (having to deal with entertainment gizmos, games included) I agree with every word you said, neriana.

The other thing you'll accomplish by throwing a shitfit, is having people laugh at you when you leave, for being an idiot, basically*. Not just from employees, but other people in the store. A number of times after dealing with a shithead, another customer waiting in line has commiserated about what an idiot the person in front was. Those encounters always made me feel a bit better  Cheesy

* And depending on how badly you act you can evn earn yourself a bad reputation in the store, heh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: