More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:42:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So why is everyone in my beach vacation destination doing tai chi?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So why is everyone in my beach vacation destination doing tai chi?  (Read 3837 times)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
So why is everyone in my beach vacation destination doing tai chi?
« on: 2007 December 13, 06:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh what is it called? Twikki Island or something?

I just sent a family on a 7 day holiday, and I saw not one single person doing the hula. They were all doing tai chi...NON-STOP. In the hotel, on the beach, everywhere.

Has this been addressed somewhere yet? God, I never come to MATY anymore, and I am way out of the loop as far as all things BV go.

I searched half-heartedly, I promise.

Note: When I first got BV, everyone in that beach hood was hulaing just fine. I don't know what went wrong.

ETA: Okay, went to the Firing Range. So the Anti Vacation Actions will fix it.

But why wasn't anybody hulaing?
« Last Edit: 2007 December 13, 06:16:15 by buddha pest » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: So why is everyone in my beach vacation destination doing tai chi?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 13, 08:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only seen the hula dancing in 1 lot-I think it is the last one on the list of community lots you can choose to go to on Twiikki Island. I think it is because there is a speaker stereo playing the right music on it and there is plenty of room for them to dance.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 13, 09:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really must check out these vacations one day soon. Sounds intriguing to say the least.  Cool

With all the horror stories I've heard, I am afraid my little simmies will get stuck there for eternity doing some inane dancing ritual. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 13, 12:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen almost no hulaing or slap dancing, but lots and lots of tai chi.
I think it takes a while to spread.  Once a few touruists pick up the skill, you'll have people at it all over the place,

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 13, 12:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Witch Doctor is the best source of hula, because Twikkii is not a very musical place with dancing room (most music sources are wallspeakers, which have no dance pie). The Witch Doctor, conversely, is isolated from foreign contact, so even without antivacationactions, will not learn undesirable behaviors to crowd out desired ones, and has very few choices of action for what to do, as he is motive-locked. Turning on his speakers and calling him over is generally enough to get him to dance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 13, 21:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I end up doing is grabbing one of those hula chicks, making them selectable, and you can use them to click on those wall speakers I'm pretty sure.   Get them hulaing then send your playables up over there.

Oops.  I've just remembered, if there are wall speakers, the sims still have a option to Dance - Hula.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 14, 01:48:42 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 13, 22:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've edited the community lots in Twiikii to put in stereos instead of wall speakers.  Before I got around to doing that, I tried selecting a local on the 5th or 6th lot I visited, but there was no hula option on the speaker, so I enabled dorm building and put in a stereo.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: