More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 03:49:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Term paper brokenness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Term paper brokenness  (Read 2895 times)
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Term paper brokenness
« on: 2007 November 26, 12:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem with term papers in Seasons. The Autumn bonus means that they get more credit for it, and also only have to write about 70%, but, if they have already written over 70% at the transition into Autumn, the option disapears from the computer and they get no credit at all. A pretty rare problem, I know, but still annoying.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: Term paper brokenness
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 26, 12:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what is happening... this IS really annoying, but the grade bars seem to sometimes fill themselves up on reloading the lot. 

More F than you
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 26, 21:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone confirm whether influencing term papers is still broken under the Seasons patch?

There's a reproducible problem in the vanilla game where the ability to write term papers is lost if a playable sim is influenced to write someone else's paper.  I've only tested this with pledges at greek houses.  The pledge dutifully completes any of the members' term papers, but then loses the option to write their own for that semester.

I've been getting around it in a number of ways, but the Mac version of the game doesn't have a patch for Seasons yet.  I was wondering/hoping that the upcoming patch or BV would take care of this.

If not, JMP would you consider having a look at this?  Kiss  No errors are generated but it's not an intermittent problem; it's a very consistent bug.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 26, 23:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone confirm whether influencing term papers is still broken under the Seasons patch?

There's a reproducible problem in the vanilla game where the ability to write term papers is lost if a playable sim is influenced to write someone else's paper. 

I've had this happen recently, and I have up to Seasons installed (no stuff packs).

I didn't realize it was an issue, I thought it was merely my game being weird.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Smiley
Ivy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: