More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:27:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  high texture detail, crappy clothes details
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: high texture detail, crappy clothes details  (Read 9043 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
high texture detail, crappy clothes details
« on: 2007 November 16, 23:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

look at this picture:

If you look at the floor, wall, and furniture, you'd say i'm using high texture details (wich I AM!)
So why does the clothes look so crappy? every clothe in the game is like this.
Anybody else having this problem?
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
Re: high texture detail, crappy clothes details
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 16, 23:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me sometimes too.  Usually when there's a lot going on, or I'm playing a big or crowded lot, or if I try to use a bigger view distance.  I think it's the graphics card downgrading a little because it can't handle it all.  Mine goes back to normal though as soon as I load a less demanding lot.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 17, 00:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, i don't think this is what's happening in my game. the clothes are like this all the time.

this is a test lot of a test neighborhood. so there is no one in the neighborhood but this family, that lives in a small lot, in a very simple house, with very few objects....

Also, the clothes are like this even in the CAS
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 17, 03:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the male H&M clothes appeared like that too in my game, even in CAS. But that particular outfit you posted there looks fine in my game... Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 17, 03:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like it has been washed too many times. Does it look like that in SimPE?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 17, 04:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I "randomly" had this problem back on my old laptop, and the texture of the blurred clothes would appear a bit better on a lower graphics setting. It was very frustrating. The grass was blurry, some of the clothing (but not all!) was blurry, and objects were clear as day. There was a thread about it here a long time ago, but I don't think anyone ever came up with a real answer. Sometimes rebooting would clear it up for me, but the problem would still sporadically occur.  Undecided

Edit:

Yes, it's been posted here, and I posted pics from when it was happening in my game in this thread.

(Heh - OT, that's when I had a weird resolution, and all my sims looked wide. I thought they looked "normal" back then. I play those same sims, still, and they're much thinner on my mac. Tongue )
« Last Edit: 2007 November 17, 04:23:25 by Brynne » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 17, 04:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to set your in-game resolution to something that is proportional with your actual screen aspect ratio, or else everything will end up looking warped.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 17, 11:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem, random, with Seasons and the computer change, from iMac G5 to MacIntel. I blame the video card.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 17, 19:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to set your in-game resolution to something that is proportional with your actual screen aspect ratio, or else everything will end up looking warped.

Well, I haven't had the problem on the macbook pro. I just had to get used to seeing my sims as they were supposed to look.  Tongue

I also haven't had the blurry clothes issue since the laptop I had when I made those posts back in 2006. That was a HP zv5240us or something like that. It had an Ati Radeon 9000, which was crap. After that, I got a Winbook with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128 dedicated, and had no issues with blurry clothes. The card in my mac is pretty good, so I'm guessing the blurry-clothes issue I had was because of my crapola graphics card back then? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 17, 20:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blurry textures could be the result of your graphics card running out of resources, yes. I've never seen it, though.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 17, 20:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering the card was weak and my cc folder was not...I'm thinking the card lost the fight. And I had overheating issues with that machine, as well. Not a good gaming rig.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 17, 20:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Card could not handle your Game. I have made a similar Picture. Look at the bedding and compare yours. Btw its a Beach Lot where i made the Pic. More to render for my Card.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 17, 21:03:03 by Havelock » Logged
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 18, 03:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem on my laptop - the Sim's face looked fine, the clothes were weird. Then the faces started going blurry too, if I used too much makeup or certain eyes. Then I was also starting to see artifacts in-game and eventually they showed up with other programs, like just web browsing. I just upgraded to a spiffy new desktop, and none of this happens. New video card?  Undecided
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 19, 20:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.. its a shame though.. i didn't think my pc wouldn't be capable of rendering good textures in a lot so empty.

I have a Radeon X600 XT and 1 GB RAM, 3.0 GHZ ATHLON 64 . i thought that was enough.. bleh!!!

I have seen that a few times (mostly when i just started the game) the textures are rendered well, few minutes after and it is alll blurred...

BTW, i loved the re-build of my picture!!! when i saw it i thought: what the.. hahahaha.. very good!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 19, 22:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The card you have should be fine, linolino. That's what my old card was, and it could do high everything. Actually, I think I had an almost identical setup. Rammage is low, though. Not awful, and honestly it shouldn't effect the textures. What's your display memory set at?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 20, 04:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have Windows XP? Maybe you just have a crappy version of the display driver?

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 21, 05:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

windows xp, just updated the dispay drivers, 256 video memory!!
i dont know why my game is like this. i'll format my pc and reinstall everything later. my xp is kinda buggy
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 22, 10:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 GB RAM is not so mutch for the Game especially with all settings on high. I would suggest to get more Ram it would help because half of the Ram is used by XP and other Applications.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 22, 15:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run Radeon X300 (PCI built into the board) and 1Gig RAM (P4 3Ghz) and my system runs incomprehensibly well for TS2.  I run with all settings high except shadows are set to medium.  This successfully deals with any lag I might have had after installing BV.  I never noticed any display issues.  My point, if I have one, is that you can try twiddling with some settings that make negligible obvious changes in the look of the game, but may pay off by freeing resources.

Tribulatio proxima est
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 24, 18:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once and I found this information : http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=97876

And that fixed my problem
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: