More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 10:32:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Tales from the crypt
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tales from the crypt  (Read 4671 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Tales from the crypt
« on: 2007 November 15, 04:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke had twins with Darren Dreamer.  They subsequently tied the knot.  Her three Broke boys are tucked away in Uni dorms and aren't played.  The twins, Brianna Broke and Brett Broke, are actively played and live in private dorms in Uni.  Both are finishing their sophomore term.

Brandi kicked some time ago and her tombstone was moved to Pleasant Dreams Cemetery.  Darren turned into a recluse, got fat, neurotic, and died tonight (at age 70) because he was too dumb to go inside after he created a hail storm with the weather machine.

After Grimmy showed up, he took a crap, wandered around the house, and as he was leaving a strange message appeared about him being a Taurus, riding pale horses, and something about threes.  I now wish I had taken notes.

I switched over to Uni to see if the twins would be affected by their dad's death.  While they appear in the household splash screen, both had disappeared from their respective homes.  Scott Flexor and Brianna were about to become engaged.  While Scott and the other YAs living in that dorm retained their memories of Brianna, there was no trace of her on campus (or of Brett, for that matter)   Their disappearance seems to be related to Darren's death by hail.

So, I had Scott call her.  When the option to "invite over" appeared, I chose it and Brianna showed up.  After a bit of romance, Scott invited her to move in and she accepted.  However, I was also given the option to move in her dead parents, Brandi and Darren, as well as brother Brett.  The offer was declined as Brianna needed to write her term paper and I really didn't want her dead parents rooming with the kids.

Brett is still out there somewhere in the ethers; I'll back up my game tomorrow and retrieve him through a "move in" invite.

No SimPE to find out what the hell is going on but I am morbidly curious to find out if Brandi and Darren could actually leave their graves and get their degrees.  Or would that not be a good idea?   Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Tales from the crypt
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 15, 05:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what you need to do is push "Bring Out Your Dead" on the Lot Debugger at that family.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 15, 14:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will give that a try tonight.  I had problems with Brandi early on in the game.  Bad genes, maybe.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 15, 22:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something about threes. 
"remember to bring three friends for the apocalypse".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 16, 00:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something about threes. 
"remember to bring three friends for the apocalypse".

That sounds about right.  Damn Grimmy.  He's a Taurus.  So is my ex-husband.
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 16, 07:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After Grimmy showed up, he took a crap, wandered around the house, and as he was leaving a strange message appeared about him being a Taurus, riding pale horses, and something about threes.  I now wish I had taken notes.

Yeah, we talked about that in this thread.  The screenshot of the Death as a Taurus message still works.   Smiley
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 16, 15:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, we talked about that in this thread.  The screenshot of the Death as a Taurus message still works.   Smiley

That was the popup, but Grimmy wasn't the issue as he didn't hang around long.  I took Pescado's advice and used the debugger to clear out the dead but that had no effect on the family members who had lived at that house and were summoned back.

When I returned to the lot it was still hailing (of course).  Brett Broke and Servo Fanny (the former family servant) were loitering on the sidewalk, next to the tombstone.  Brett's relationships, memories, LTWs, and Uni standing were all intact.  Servo Fanny owns Fiddlefern Farmer's Market with her hubby, Servo BennyOne, but both Brett and the Servo appeared on the splash screen as playable residents.

After turning off the hail and sending the tombstone to the cemetery, I managed to return Brett and Fanny to their respective lots  using the same call-and-propose-move-in technique I had used with Brianna. 

Now back to "normal" (whatever that is); confirmed the house was empty and for sale before I bulldozed it. 

This can be such a strange game...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 17, 13:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: Special procedures must be followed when moving in the owner of a community lot business, especially when the originating family will be disbanded as a result of moving: You MUST use the Lot Debugger to transfer their business HQ *BEFORE* moving if moving in and scrapping the originating family. Otherwise the business info will be lost and the game will act like you've never visited your business.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 17, 19:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: Special procedures must be followed when moving in the owner of a community lot business, especially when the originating family will be disbanded as a result of moving: You MUST use the Lot Debugger to transfer their business HQ *BEFORE* moving if moving in and scrapping the originating family. Otherwise the business info will be lost and the game will act like you've never visited your business.

While Fanny holds the deed to Fiddlefern, I lucked out as the business and its good review and perks are unchanged.  It appears that neither she nor the Broke twins really "moved" as they held dual residency at their respective lots and at the Broke/Dreamer joint where Darren was crushed by hail.  Each Sim showed up in the spash screen of their home lot - and as a group at the Broke place.  Before I moved Brett back to his dorm, I checked his bedroom (it was 2 a.m. and everyone was asleep) and his bed linens reflected a body outline but the bed was empty. 

I've played this hood since the day the game came out and am just glad it is still holding together.  So far.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: