More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:10:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  TSS carpet inaccessible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSS carpet inaccessible  (Read 4574 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
TSS carpet inaccessible
« on: 2007 November 30, 14:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So ... I'm not a big-time decorator, but I decided last night to give one of my Sim's bedroom a make-over.  They were using the goth bed from TSS, so I opened the Goth Collection to see if there were any carpets that theoretically went with it.  (EA designers have no sense of color coordination -- even a bad decorator like me is aware of that).  Anyway, there were a few checkered carpets and a few solid colored ones.  I can use the checkered ones, but when I click on the solid ones, I can't select them.  I went to Build Mode and tried to access them from there, and the solids don't even show up -- only checkered.

I didn't see this one in any of the TSS borked stuff threads. Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to fix it?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: TSS carpet inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 30, 14:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed this, but I haven't made any gothy-type rooms as yet. I'll go check on my clean install right now. Wink

[edit] Nope, they don't work.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 30, 16:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for verifying that it's not just me, Emma :-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 30, 18:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones that aren't working, are they any of these carpets?
http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/4637510.html#cutid1

Also are you positive that the "carpet" in question is not a wall? I've noticed with TSS the carpet and wall order seems to be switched. The walls are actualy in the catalogue before the floors. I made the same mistake and it was a clean game so I knew that it wasn't something in my users, i just happened to move my cursor near the wall and discovered the issue.  Embarrassed

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 30, 19:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  Maybe the solids are walls. Looking at your picture, I think I see solid wall colors that match what I thought had been solid carpet colors.  That'll be a big d'oh! for me, if true. I'm at work now, so I can't check, but I'll look when I get home.  Thanks so much :-)  (I guess I couldn't imagine they'd have checked carpets but no solids. I forgot the decor-challenged-ness of the designers).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 30, 19:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if that is the case, then at least I won't feel as silly for it having happened to me.  Tongue but yeah, I'd say double check, at first I figured that I somehow had an over ride or that it was yet another EA booboo. There is another floor in game that doesn't show up as the picture but actually shows up as another similar one. One overrides the other, there is a fix somewhere, I don't know if it's here or not.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 01, 00:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you were right -- the things I was looking at were walls.  It least I'm in good company  Cheesy  Thanks for helping me figure it out.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 01, 01:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado P&L.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 01, 06:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you were right -- the things I was looking at were walls.  It least I'm in good company  Cheesy  Thanks for helping me figure it out.

I didn't even think to put up a wall, I just tried to fill where I'd put in carpet previously. Phyllis, you're stupid. And so am I. Cheesy

* J. M. Pescado P&L.

I definitely deserved that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: