More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Forcing 12 hour clock problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Forcing 12 hour clock problem  (Read 10987 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Forcing 12 hour clock problem
« on: 2007 November 12, 10:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems Eaxis have done it again - wrong version of the stuff pack (TSS) shipped to Australia.  Same problem results - clock switches to 24 hour time.

With the "force 12 hour clock" option added with BV, I assumed it wouldn't be a problem.  Wrong!  Seems to need to be set for every single play session.

Is there any way to make it permanent?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Forcing 12 hour clock problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 12, 11:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's 12-hour-clock registry fix for WinXP (32bit) I'm currently using. I have all EPs and SPs up to BV and TSS. If you don't have some EP or SP, open the reg file in notepad, and delete lines for any EP or SP you don't own before applying. (Just to  be on the safe side)

Alternatively, you can make a text file on your own, copy the following, and change the extension to reg and run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff]
"Language"="English US"
"Locale"="en_us"
"Region"="MX08004261"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001
"LanguageName"="English US"

For any future EP or SP, all you have to do is change the name of the registry key (EP/SP name in the bracket) and paste it to the existing 12 hour clock reg fix. You can find the correct key name for new EP/SP in Registry Editor.

* 12 Hour Clock.zip (0.62 KB - downloaded 304 times.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 12, 12:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses. Have you seen your Ness-sighting in Awesomeland, NESS?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 12, 15:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff]
"Language"="English US"
"Locale"="en_us"
"Region"="MX08004261"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001
"LanguageName"="English US"

I don't think 'Region' plays a part on the language/clock setting. I've changed only the language and locale entries and it works although the region of my copy is EU (for Bon Voyage, that is. It's varying throughout the expansions, some of the EPs have only MX in the region, without any numbers. I wonder what's that actually means)
« Last Edit: 2007 November 12, 15:10:30 by crystalclear » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 12, 20:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

File downloaded, edited and run...  Can't report back on the workingness or otherwise of said fix until I get home from work in about 9-10 hours time.

I hope I didn't just blow up my registry!

And Pescado, no I have not seen the latest Ness-sighting.  Your site is doing everything way too slow to make loading pictures (or even most threads!) possible!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 12, 23:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crystalclear, region does have an effect on the clock. Since BV my clock always reset itself to 24 hours no matter how many times I set it to 12. When I installed Teen Style stuff, I installed using a torrent that had a different region then what I wanted, after install I made sure to check out my registry and edit it for Eng_US. For some reason I though to have a look at my BV registry entries, Lo' and behold, BV had been installed as Eng_UK, I have no idea why, apparently we got the wrong shipment. I changed the registry settings and now my 24 hour clock is back to being 12 hours and staying that way.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 13, 00:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? That's new to me Huh

So anybody got a list or something that could indicate what the MX and those numbers mean? I mean, like the one mentioned in this thread MX08004261, which country is that?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 13, 01:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my registry entries back to Eng_US, but BV was still using the 24-hour clock; I was changing it in the gameplay menu every play session.  I added boolProp force12HrTime true to my userStartup.cheat file and the problem was fixed.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 13, 01:20:32 by BastDawn » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 13, 01:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my registry entries back to Eng_US, but BV was still using the 24-hour clock.  I added boolProp force12HrTime true to my userStartup.cheat file and the problem was fixed.

I read at insim that other people had been having the problem, I n knew the answer couldn't have been as easy as a reg edit. I wonder why some peoples work fine and others not at all. They couldn't have all been in America with a uk versions of BV. Mine works fine now. Ea screws up again, it's just a little weird that it's not a consistent issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 13, 01:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, even with Bon Voyage, all I had to do was change the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\1.0\Language" to 1, and I get US english and 12 hour clock no matter what the other settings say.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 13, 01:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my registry entries back to Eng_US, but BV was still using the 24-hour clock; I was changing it in the gameplay menu every play session.  I added boolProp force12HrTime true to my userStartup.cheat file and the problem was fixed.
Don't do that. That's slapping a bandaid on the real problem, that your game is running the wrong locale. If you let it run like that, it will display the wrong names and corrupt your neighborhood saves.

And Pescado, no I have not seen the latest Ness-sighting.  Your site is doing everything way too slow to make loading pictures (or even most threads!) possible!
Well, check it out anyway. Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 13, 04:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.   Huh

Engrish_us.reg does nothing, manual editing in all sub-folders of the EA Games registry doesn't fix it... what do I do?  Please tell me whatever vital step I'm foolishly missing.   Sad

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 13, 04:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, even with Bon Voyage, all I had to do was change the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\1.0\Language" to 1, and I get US english and 12 hour clock no matter what the other settings say.

You're quite right, the whole point of 12-hour-clock reg fix is applying "Language"=dword:00000001 value. Other settings are merely cosmetic.

@BastDawn: Did you fix the value mentioned above? It's located under the 1.0 key.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 13, 05:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  All fixed now.   Kiss  Changed it, removed the cheat, and it's working fine.  Yay!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 13, 05:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fix located in the second post has worked.  This was the correct thing to do, yes?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: