More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:36:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Teen Style Stuff installation error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teen Style Stuff installation error  (Read 5149 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Teen Style Stuff installation error
« on: 2007 November 08, 23:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize an identical error has happened for other packs (possibly EPs) in the past, but I can't seem to locate a thread that precisely outlines what i have to do to fix this.

Current EPs: all, including Holiday and Glamour. Using the UNpatched BV no-cd .exe (since I haven't seemed to have experienced the errors the patches apparently fix) to play the game. It's been so long since I had to use Daemon Tools and YASU, I may be doing this incorrectly. I mounted the MDS image in Daemon tools and fired up YASU. I then tried to install the pack, which worked just fine until I got the immortal message:

'Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Seasons. Please make sure you back up your saved games first.'

I'm wondering if I'm going to be required to patch my BV game (with both of them) in order to get TSS to work properly,  or if I need to fiddle around with the no-cd .exe for Seasons (for some reason).  I have checked that the objects.package file is read-only (it's not).

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Teen Style Stuff installation error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 09, 03:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten that about half the time when installing a new EP. Just try to run the game. It's always been fine.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 09, 05:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the pack itself would then completely uninstall itself, defeating the whole purpose.  Cry

Meh, I decided to do what they suggested and simply uninstall Seasons before putting TSS in. However, I now have to redownload Seasons to put it back in, and I don't know if I dare entering a suddenly Seasons-free game (despite the fact that I backed up the entire The Sims 2 folder). I'll just wait until I can put Seasons back in again and then give it another go. *shrugs*

*twitches*

*scratches head*

*goes into convulsions*

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 09, 18:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSS tries to patch seasons, you should have only needed to replace your seasons nocd (that you no longer need with BV anyway) with the original seasons exe.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 09, 19:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now you tell me. *smacks forehead* Oh well; I'll just continue on as I have been. However, since I have Bon voyage, do I still need to get a Seasons no-CD .exe? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have one for backup, eh?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 09, 21:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need the seasons no-cd, just the nocd for BV. Unless you are thinking that you may un-install BV in the future and don't want to have to look for the crack for seasons when you do.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 09, 22:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need the seasons no-cd, just the nocd for BV. Unless you are thinking that you may un-install BV in the future and don't want to have to look for the crack for seasons when you do.

I have the unpatched no-CD .exe for BV, yes, but TSS wouldn't install until I uninstalled Seasons (for which I'll be reinstalling it once I get another copy downloaded). I tried swapping out the no_CD for BV with the original, but I kept getting the same error about Seasons.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 09, 23:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it gave me the same hissy fit, until I remembered the seasons nocd and the fact that patches have a fit when you have a no-cd in. I had completely forgotten all about my old no-cds, I always just leave them in the folders when I get a new ep.
I just renamed my no-cd for seasons to Sims2ep5nocd, and the original back to Sims2ep5.exe. My second attempt at installing TSS, after the exe switch, went without a hitch.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: