More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 16:28:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cellphones in Hotels & Vampire-Plantsim bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cellphones in Hotels & Vampire-Plantsim bugs  (Read 15628 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Cellphones in Hotels & Vampire-Plantsim bugs
« on: 2007 November 08, 07:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've noticed some stuff and was wondering if there is a mod to solve these: (tested with custom content disabled)

Bon Voyage:
After the 4th or 5th time my sim ordered room service/Group Meal, everytime i order a group meal the waiter will only bring a single meal, and charge a single meal too.
Besides this, the waiter doesn't search for an empy slot on the table to serve the food. it goes for the first slot he finds, no matter if it is already beeing accupied by another plate or whathever. and if this is the case, the food he brings don't show up at all, not on the table, not even on the floor!
All of this happend in a room of the "Jade's Exclusive Villas" hotel, in the default Far East Neighborhood.

Seasons:
I was jusst playing in the downtown neighborhood and... Fireflies showed up!!! Huh this not cool, fireflies shoud show up only nearby flowers or bushes.... not in the front of of a bar in the middle of the city. Can't it be modified so it acts more like the bugs the only show up where there is a garden?

Pets:
Pets in downtown are going in the restaurants and bars and nightclubs and destroying all the furniture!!!
Is there a way to keep them away?

Problem with Plantsim and Vampires
When your plantsim turns into a vampire, everything looks OK, but when it is the other way (a vampire turning into a plantsim), the head of the vampire-plant is greenner than the body. Actually, the lighter tone of the vampire skin affects the body but not the head. look at the pictures below:

Plantsim to Vampire (OK):

Vampire to Plantsim (NOT OK):
(this happens with male or female sims. no difference)

« Last Edit: 2007 November 15, 01:01:12 by linolino » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Bon Voyage, Seasons and Pets problems..
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 08, 07:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what to do for the first two problems, but Pescado has a 'vampwerefixes' hack that should solve the third problem, as long as it loads after any default-replacement skins you may have. Personally, I have made a separate folder in my Downloads folder for that hack, because I use a default-replacement for every type of skin. Since the name of the subfolder that the hack is in starts with a 'V' it is the last thing in my Downloads folder, and therefore it overrides everything else.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 08, 08:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are plenty of hacks to keep strays off community lots.  I use the Jeffian visitor controller.

BTW, are those zombie-vampire-werewolf-plantsims?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 08, 12:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, the second Pets patch fixed the problem with strays on community lot (I had forgotten that earlier). Perhaps you should patch your game.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 08, 16:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bon Voyage:
After the 4th or 5th time my sim ordered room service/Group Meal, everytime i order a group meal the waiter will only bring a single meal, and charge a single meal too.
Don't use cellphone for roomservice.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 08, 16:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've noticed some stuff and was wondering if there is a mod to solve these: (tested with custom content disabled)
*consoles linolino for having to see only the Maxis fugly, then introduces to the "smooth edges" option.*

Seasons:
I was jusst playing in the downtown neighborhood and... Fireflies showed up!!! Huh this not cool, fireflies shoud show up only nearby flowers or bushes.... not in the front of of a bar in the middle of the city. Can't it be modified so it acts more like the bugs the only show up where there is a garden?
Huh. I see fireflies all the time in areas without flower/bushes in real life. I've had them in my apartment on the 8th floor in Chi. Not a swarm, but still...I hardly see how this is bothersome. For those townies who goof off trying to catch them, they are obvious targets for pointing and laughing.

Pets:
Pets in downtown are going in the restaurants and bars and nightclubs and destroying all the furniture!!!
Is there a way to keep them away?
TwoJeff's Visitor Controller, available at the Inteenimator site. I didn't notice that the Pets patch did anything to stop this.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 08, 18:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, are those zombie-vampire-werewolf-plantsims?
These indeed *are* zombie-vampire-warewolf-plasims! hahahahahaha.. however in the picture its not a warewolf anymore, i gave her the Lycantropy-B.
Oh this reminded me: i gave her al the potions (for plantsim, vampire, warewolf), but since she is a zombie too, i can't cure that, so i expected that after givin her all the potions she become a zombie again. However she kept her normal skin tone, and normal walk. no bluish-gray skin tone or foot-drag... only the "ooowwwaaaa" sounds and the weird face.(nevermind. the option to turn sims into zombies of that batman FFS Lot Debbuger doesn't turn them entirely zombies)

...Pescado has a 'vampwerefixes' hack that should solve the third problem...
does vampwerefixes.package fixes theses?? i have it in my downloads, but i also have a "bitingsatisfyhunger.package", maybe it's conflicting..
I just tested the game only with the vampwerefixes, and the problem is there yet, so i guess it just corrects the vampire and warewolves problems, but not the plantsim, cause the problem happens ONLY if you are already a vampire and then turn to a plantsim, meaning the problem is on the plantsim layer, i guess...
« Last Edit: 2007 November 08, 19:49:56 by linolino » Logged
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 08, 19:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, the second Pets patch fixed the problem with strays on community lot (I had forgotten that earlier). Perhaps you should patch your game.
Supposedly, that's right, cause when i installed seasons and bon voyage, the installation automaticaly patched the game, so..

There are plenty of hacks to keep strays off community lots.  I use the Jeffian visitor controller.
I'm thinking here.. isn't there a "stray away" street sign in the game that keeps pets off the room it is placed?
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 08, 19:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*consoles linolino for having to see only the Maxis fugly, then introduces to the "smooth edges" option.*
HAHAHAHA... Thanks! i actually use the smooth edges sometimes, but when i turn all those visual things down the game runs so much smoother and faster that i prefer this way! hehe..

Huh. I see fireflies all the time in areas without flower/bushes in real life. I've had them in my apartment on the 8th floor in Chi. Not a swarm, but still...I hardly see how this is bothersome. For those townies who goof off trying to catch them, they are obvious targets for pointing and laughing.
Ah well, nevermind then, this is not actually a problem anyway... hehe

Don't use cellphone for roomservice.
Oooohh. that's right i did ordered using the cellphone. is this what's causing the bug? Anyway who orders roomservice from their cell?? there shouldn't be that option in cells
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 08, 19:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking here.. isn't there a "stray away" street sign in the game that keeps pets off the room it is placed?
You're thinking of the Sims1 pets EP. They gave us no such sign for Sims2. There's a sign showing a person walking a pet on a leash (presumably to remind simmies that they must keep their pets on leashes at the park, which of course makes no sense as there are no leashes in-game), but it's just deco.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 08, 20:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see pets downtown much anymore, but it did not bother me that they were around.
The most simple solution to stop them from destroying furniture (because that is annoying) is to place a scratching post and a chew toy in some corner outside. Scold the strays a few times in case they still go for the furniture and the problem is gone.
If you use Insimenator you can also raise the motives for scratch and chew and that works rather well too.
But as I said, they don't show up much (or at all?) anymore, especially not in clubs where they always looked a bit out of place.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 08, 20:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're thinking of the Sims1 pets EP. They gave us no such sign for Sims2. There's a sign showing a person walking a pet on a leash (presumably to remind simmies that they must keep their pets on leashes at the park, which of course makes no sense as there are no leashes in-game), but it's just deco.
I'm pretty sure someone made a modded version of it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 08, 20:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge made a sign for it: http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Petting.htm

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 09, 13:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested the game only with the vampwerefixes, and the problem is there yet, so i guess it just corrects the vampire and warewolves problems, but not the plantsim, cause the problem happens ONLY if you are already a vampire and then turn to a plantsim, meaning the problem is on the plantsim layer, i guess...
The problem is a "layering order" problem, where if the skins are applied out of order, the layering gets wonky. Fix for this added.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 15, 00:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

allright! thx for that!

What about the cellphone-in-hotels problem? is there a fix for that, i've missed?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 15, 01:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHA... Thanks! i actually use the smooth edges sometimes, but when i turn all those visual things down the game runs so much smoother and faster that i prefer this way! hehe..
Pssh. "Smooth Edges". Isn't that an oxymoron? If it was SMOOTH, it would not be an EDGE anymore, now would it?!?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 15, 01:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, that's right, cause when i installed seasons and bon voyage, the installation automaticaly patched the game, so..

I didn't know people could do that.

It does say "Sims game is already up to date" but I still need to get the patch. I think it only looks in game, but doesn't look for patches when it installs. Unless there is a way to hook it up to the net that automatically downloads and installs the patches. But I have un/re-installed quite a few times, and I always had to download the patches separately.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Cellphones in Hotels & Vampire-Plantsim bugs
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 15, 03:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the "Sims game is already up to date" message refer to the University-era update that patched the original game's objects to make them recolorable?  I don't think it refers to the downloaded patches at all.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 15, 06:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that i know of... I almost sure that
the CD-ROMs of each expansion pack have all the patches that were released before it. after it installs the game it installs the patches that *it contains* that are necessary. So the Bon Voyage CD has all the patches released before it was released. i don't need to patch anything, except bon voyage itself
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 15, 07:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

allright! thx for that!

What about the cellphone-in-hotels problem? is there a fix for that, i've missed?

Well the BV patch does fix this but I guess you do not want to install it.  Tongue
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 17, 02:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

really? i'm almost sure i already installed it
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 28, 15:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that i know of... I almost sure that the CD-ROMs of each expansion pack have all the patches that were released before it. after it installs the game it installs the patches that *it contains* that are necessary. So the Bon Voyage CD has all the patches released before it was released. i don't need to patch anything, except bon voyage itself

No, they do not.

You have to patch EACH expansion, it not done automatic and I can say because I reinstalled the game and applied the patches after they been installed and if they were already patched the patches would NOT proceeded  and it was.

Now go apply the patches.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 28, 16:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the list of what patches what:

Base game: Patches nothing. How would you patch something that hasn't been installed yet?
All EPs: Patches the base game only.
HP05/06: Patches the base game only.
FFS and GLS: Patches OFB if installed, otherwise patches base game.
Celebration!, H&M and TSS: Patches Pets and/or Seasons if installed, otherwise patches base game.
Deluxe: I'm going to assume that the base game would be patched from the NL install, but NL itself might not be,

I think that's right... so if you installed all EPs and all SPs, you'd still need to patch NL and BV (Uni patch is included with the NL patch).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 28, 16:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... so if you installed all EPs and all SPs, you'd still need to patch NL and BV (Uni patch is included with the NL patch).

Don't the patches themselves contain all content from the previous patch? So if you had BV you'd only need to use the BV patch?

ISTP
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 28, 16:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No because each expansion is independent and only based on the basic game, that is why the base game MUST be patched for most expansions.

The "packs" are also independent but since they are patching expansions means they are "build" on those expansions and so they have to be patched to avoid conflicts.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: