More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:44:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  ANIM Editing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ANIM Editing  (Read 26938 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: ANIM Editing
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 12, 11:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't expect a graphic interface, so I used it from the command line without a problem.  I was confused by the fact there was a dll that appeared to be named like a milkshape plugin included with the distribution, so I thought that the disassembler was creating something that would could be imported to milkshape.

I'm wasn't complaining, just confused.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
Re: ANIM Editing
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 12, 18:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a MilkShape plugin in the package, and it is a sort of animation importer. It scans a .anmdat file (mainly ap01) and will attempt to convert some of that data into MilkShape animation format. It does not do a good job, because the arms do not always come out right, and because the vast majority of the game animations use IK animation for the arms and legs, and there is no support in MilkShape for IK.

Importing Object animations would be far easier, and I would like to see that worked on, too. The AniMax concept could help there, too.

<* Wes *>
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: