More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:37:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can I move a family back in from a package file?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I move a family back in from a package file?  (Read 6182 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Can I move a family back in from a package file?
« on: 2005 July 25, 21:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had moved all the Maxis families to the family bin and deleted them long ago.  Then I found Brandi Broke was Bob and Betty's daughter and thought I might like to have her back.  But since she was gone, it was a too-bad-for-me thought.

Then my game stopped loading this weekend and I had to reinstall.  After loading Uni, I packaged Brandi's lot, then copied my saved hood back in.

All this character file dangling, overpopulation, and what not made me stop before I unpackaged the lot since at one time she was there and I don't want to ruin my hood if I can help it.  So do I unpackage her or just get over it?

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Can I move a family back in from a package file?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 21:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All depends on whether there are any records of the original Brandi or her family in the game.  If you deleted all characters before ever playing the neighbourhood, there shouldn't be, in which case it would be OK to bring her back.  Anyone she met or had relationships with will appear as 'ghosts' without character files - I think she knew both the Caliente sisters, for a start.  If you don't want those files as well, you'll need to delete them and also remove all traces of the Sims concerned from Brandi's memories.  Then, of course, you have the problem of Dustin & Angela - if you're not bringing her back, you'll need to delete his memories of her unless you want her to appear as 'dead' as well. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 26, 02:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Dina die of old age and Nina is living in the old folks home.

God help me, I have no idea who Dustin and Angela are.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 26, 04:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dustin is Brandi's teenage son. Angela is Dustin's girlfriend, and one of the Pleasant twins.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 26, 05:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: No.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 26, 13:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: No.

Now that I understand.  And I know how to react.  *getting over it*

thanks  Smiley

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 26, 13:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone has extracted her with SimPE (and many other premade Sims) and put them up on the exchange, so you could use that instead.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: