More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:23:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has BV ruined unleveled walls?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has BV ruined unleveled walls?  (Read 10806 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Has BV ruined unleveled walls?
« on: 2007 November 05, 18:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the last person to know this, or have I ruined my wall shader or something?   When you put windows on walls that are not level at the top now, the wallmask stretches to match the wall shape!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Has BV ruined unleveled walls?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 05, 19:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be just you...I haven't noticed anything amiss with my windows and walls. Even ones put in the triangular shape roof wall. Have you got pictures?

nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 05, 19:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this's normal for the default standard unmodded Wall 1 wall.  The wallmask will stretch in proportion to the wall size.
but with flattop false, it says the wallmask issue will be fixed.

But if it's Numenor's one, I think the unlevelled wall script might have been altered or some other things happened.

If the Wall 1 wall is modded to be like Numenor's unlevelled wall, then we may call it Mikeinside's Easy Wall.  The former is an additional wall and will be replaced black iron fences in older games without such definition.  It can add 2000 extra wall segments to the game.  The latter is the original wall modified and will stay as is but won't add 2000 extra wall segments to the game.

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 05, 19:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh?   Embarrassed I second the request for pictures, and links. This sort of sounds like it could be something that annoys me. A lot of building restrictions annoy me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 05, 19:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the wall shader defines where the mask should be anchored, and I have used all the walls in Numenor's scriptorium before now and the window will usually only go in the usual height no matter how high the wall is after it is stretched.  I will try and get some pictures.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 05, 20:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, this is what it used to look like http://forums.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=90126
And this is what it looks like now http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=922.0

It's just been sitting in my bin all this time, so I haven't edited it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 05, 20:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, mine aren't like that Shocked I wonder what would cause that to happen?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 05, 22:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, this is what it used to look like http://forums.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=90126
And this is what it looks like now http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=922.0

It's just been sitting in my bin all this time, so I haven't edited it.
Yes! I've been having this issue for quite some time. I believe it was with Seasons that it started for me.  Actually, now I can almost never place windows on the top level (walls made by roofs) without using the move objects cheat. Then they are filled in. If I can place it without that cheat, I get that effect.

Graphics card is an ATI Radeon x600. I'm upgrading to a Powercolor x1950 tonight and will see if it's still doing it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 06, 07:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge if you want to upload the house I will test it in my game and see how it comes out, might be able to tell if it's hack related then

Axe murdered since 2006
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 06, 08:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's attached to the MTS2 thread, for download there.   Thanks Smiley   What EP's do you have?

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 06, 23:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of them!

Axe murdered since 2006
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 07, 04:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just looked at it in-game Inge. Blech. Beyond broken. And I did make sure that I had the walls downloaded and in the Scriptorium beforehand (I didn't earlier).

I have all EPs as well.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 07, 08:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you still make unlevel walls like that using the constrain floor cheat, and put windows in them ok in your own game?

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 07, 10:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have something broken in seasons with walls. I have seen the autogenerated walls under gableroofs stick trough the roof when the next groundtile is not flat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 07, 16:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you still make unlevel walls like that using the constrain floor cheat, and put windows in them ok in your own game?
Nope. Like I (not so clearly) stated, this has been broken since Seasons at least for me.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
nil
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 07, 18:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess Inge might have used Mikeinside's Easy Wall setting before.
But if she used Numenor's unlevelled wall, and the game turned it into wall1 wall, I say I'm happy to see Maxis did that for only Numenor's unlevelled wall. 

the wall.txt in ep 4 or 5 has the wall1 definition, modding the latest run EP's wall.txt is necessary.

They have something broken in seasons with walls. I have seen the autogenerated walls under gableroofs stick trough the roof when the next groundtile is not flat.

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 07, 19:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I used the normal wall.  If I was using a custom wall when I shared those houses loads of people would have told me it had a defect, and no one did.  The lot was published when we were still on Uni so there has been plenty of time for complaints.

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 07, 22:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I mentioned to Inge last night, the house was borkened in my game also.  Even removing and replacing windows didn't help  and the walls seemed to melt through the bottom of the windows on closer view.  For the record I didn't put the hacks in so it wasn't a hack conflict.

Axe murdered since 2006
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 08, 07:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a house that did that a long time ago, before OFB came out and possibly before University came out.  (How long have we been using the elevation cheat to make multilevel houses?)  It had no custom walls -- I don't think they existed then.  I recently downloaded a house on a foundation with an attached garage, and the garage has working windows, so my system isn't doing it now.  I have a much better computer now, however.   Whatever it is, I don't think BV caused it.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 08, 08:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just seems so odd when that house has always been fine for me up till now.   It's one of the few I keep in my bin in case I need to plonk down somewhere for a large test family in a hurry (I usually make the effort to design new houses for my proper families).  I did check out the wall mask shaders, and the definitions *have* changed between Uni and BV.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 08, 16:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It better not have anything to do with comp quality, because I just upgraded to 4 gigs RAM and an ATI Powercolor x1950Pro, 700W power supply.

Sadly, not seeing much difference in Sims2 (except with tabbing out and in, which is near-instantaneous now, and I've got my view changed from medium to x-large with no performance hit...I can see the whole island from a lot!), but Oblivion....yummy!

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
nil
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 08, 17:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Inge,

The wall shader has only 3 versions up till now for BV.  The changes were for shadow map, poolwall and a thumbnail material.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Talk:ShaderWall

The wallmask has a cutout setting to cut out the shape illustrated in the wallmask txtr file.

lol, all you really need is to go to your BV's "...\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts" folder, open the wall.txt and alter the following:
requiresFlatBottom false  <-- to make the wall to form on uneven ground
requiresFlatTop false  <-- this the setting to fix the wallmask distortion
submersible true <-- to make the wall to build through the terrain water

Then, your wall will act as Easy wall or unlevelled walls... while the windows will look fine again.

But if you use a dummy/compressed level above the first level of room(s), then you can make it weather proof and avoid the distorted wallmask shape when without any modification on the wall.txt in the BV one.

PS:  how come I can't log-in your site...  Sad
« Last Edit: 2007 November 08, 17:57:53 by nil » Logged

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 08, 18:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but all the downloaders didn't have that wall definition when I first uploaded it, but no one complained the window holes were doing that.

nil
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 08, 18:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, most downloaders are not testers or reporters... Sad

So, no wonder at all.

I still failed to log-in your site...
Was the account "niol" deleted?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 08, 18:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Niol, which site do you mean - I have various - and what does it tell you when you try?  And how long ago did you last log in successfully?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: