More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub  (Read 14266 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 03, 08:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do, of course, use the Romance mod, and have done ever since you first made it, and as you say, it does quash a lot of that behaviour, but I tend to think that Uni is a bit of a red light district, really, and some of the "normal" behaviours don't apply, at least to Pleasure sims.  Unfortunately I can't check that out yet, still no main computer, and only have Base Game on this or Base Game + Pets on the laptop.

I'm glad to know that niceness isn't a factor though, as although I mainly prefer my less nice sims, it would be boring if they were all grouchy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 03, 10:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the romance mod ok with ACR?   I have to laugh at my stupid sims trying to "relax" using ACR.  The double bed is upstairs, the couple agree to "relax" on it while still downstairs.  Man heads up the stairs, woman has a tantrum because man is on the stairs, then decides "Not tonight darling, I have a routing issue".  Over and again.  They've not made love since moving into that house.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 03, 16:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both, and I've yet to encounter any problems.

'Not tonight, I have a routing issue?' That's absolutely hilarious.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 03, 16:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ recommends the use of the romancemod with ACR.

Inge, are you using the non-modular stairs?  I always use modular stairs, and never have that particular problem, although sometimes "Ask to be Read to" or "Play Red Hands" etc., can interrupt the queue......

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 03, 17:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I can't even remember when I last used the non-modular stairs because of that silly sim-behavior. Ever since Pets, I even had problems with the modular stairs, so I've been using Targa's stairs/elevators. They might not look very pretty, but they get the job done. Plus, they don't take up a lot of room and they don't obstruct my view. The invisible one is a blessing in my game. Although, even with Targa's stairs I need to use two.

Silly Sims.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 03, 17:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you have a flat roof over part of your bedroom floor, or a large balcony, you could put an outside staircase up and they should just use that instead if their is a routing problem with the stairs. (Always providing you have noroutefail in your hacks...)

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 November 03, 17:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah lol this is a Maxis house and it came with a one-piece staircase, so I am not altogether surprised.  But they're my test sims anyway so I don't mind if they'd rather stomp at the foot of the stairs than actually enjoy themselves.  Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 November 03, 17:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't they have a sofa or a hot tub?

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 November 03, 17:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah lol this is a Maxis house and it came with a one-piece staircase, so I am not altogether surprised.  But they're my test sims anyway so I don't mind if they'd rather stomp at the foot of the stairs than actually enjoy themselves.  Cheesy

In that case, neither am I. Add a pet, and you have a 100 % birth control rate. By the way, pets use the Targa stairs as well, but the animations are funky. Funny, but funky. The pet moves as if actual stairs are present, so it looks as it the dog/cat is moving on air in an upward/downward slope. But that's still not enough for me to quit using them.

I also have had the same experiences as Jolrei. So I have a batch of YA's in the simbin that I made in BodyShop. I just tweak them a little because I usually make about 16, and then import them via Inge's (very decorative) cat into the dormie pool. 4 boys and 4 girls at a time. I have a special lot I use. It has a 3 space wall for Merola's painting so I can alter them to my taste.

I have downloaded your one tile 'Merola' painting, Inge. That was a great idea, by the way - Merola's painting is quite useful, but it does need a lot of wall space. Now there's more variety.

I like being in complete control of my sims, down to their personality, interests, and DNA. I never go with the EAxis selections, mainly because they, as usual, suck.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 November 04, 01:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have had the same experiences as Jolrei. So I have a batch of YA's in the simbin that I made in BodyShop. I just tweak them a little because I usually make about 16, and then import them via Inge's (very decorative) cat into the dormie pool. 4 boys and 4 girls at a time.

Yeah, well, my problem right now is that I can't quit making the damn things.  I go into CAS (fatal error) and suddenly come up with someone I like ("Oh, he/she has to be in the game!").  I just created 3 more tonight (the hard way - individual adults, one at a time, for the main hood - I didn't want to muck about with relationships in SimPE - silly jolrei.  I think I'll make two of them zombies and test the zombieapocalypse hack - never seen that in action yet.  I'll probably decimate the non-zombie population of the hood, with my luck.  Tongue

I always use romancemod and ACR together (well, always since I first loaded ACR last week  Roll Eyes ).  However, I never really expected that this would eliminate extramarital romantic action fully.  Consequently, if I don't want any more spawn from a particular couple, I will rule out "try for baby" for those sims, at the very least.  For uni students, I don't manage their relationships at all.  My playable student right now has woohooed two girls in his dorm (both seem to be OK with this - nice romancemod), and is headed for a third (there are only 5 sims in the dorm  Grin ).

For my houses, I got tired of waiting for sims to walk slowly up and down stairs, so now I try to build on one floor, as much as possible and avoid stairs.  That also means limiting the size of family in a house at one time.  I generally don't have more than 2 parents and 2 spawn at any one time living on a single lot.  That way the house doesn't get too sprawled out.

Tribulatio proxima est
simmerphi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 November 07, 18:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you use a cleaned up template for your college, (I'm sure there's one around) then create your college which should then have no dormies, create as many dormies as you think you want and then go into SimPe you can mess around a bit with their personalities

In the Uni section of SimPe there's a box you can check to make the YA "on campus".  Wouldn't this automatically make them show up as dormies?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 November 09, 04:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you use a cleaned up template for your college, (I'm sure there's one around) then create your college which should then have no dormies, create as many dormies as you think you want and then go into SimPe you can mess around a bit with their personalities

In the Uni section of SimPe there's a box you can check to make the YA "on campus".  Wouldn't this automatically make them show up as dormies?

ZZ is right - there are clean templates for the universities.  She is also right that if you use one, you need to generate dormies in some way, either by CAS creating them, or by generating them automatically (see tutorials on creating a clean custom neighbourhood).  All YAs are already at Uni.  There is no way to be a YA without being at Uni.  Consequently, this step in SimPE would be superfluous.

I have never tried clicking on "on campus" in SimPE.  I do not know how this would work.  I would suggest that it would be more advisable to move townie teens (or other teens) to Uni via the in game method of moving teens to uni.  These teens could then be made into dormies via Insim's famliy tree, or the teleporter shrub/whatever-it-looks-like-now.  I generally take it as a rule of thumb not to use SimPE to do things that can be normally and easily done "in game", to avoid future problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: