More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:18:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something that kills the "A+" run-and-cheer? *Resolved*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something that kills the "A+" run-and-cheer? *Resolved*  (Read 6839 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Something that kills the "A+" run-and-cheer? *Resolved*
« on: 2007 November 05, 06:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, no amount of searching around here is pulling up an answer, so I'm resorting to asking. I've been weeding out some of my annoyance fixes for legacy/storytelling reasons and one I can't seem to find for weeding is something that's killing the "I got my first A+!" run-to-parent cheer.

There are other stupid little actions that I haven't seen lately, but right now, that's the one I'm looking for. Anyone have any idea which mod this fix got folded into?
« Last Edit: 2007 November 05, 14:50:23 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Something that kills the "A+" run-and-cheer?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 05, 06:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Pes and twojeffs has one.  I think the jeffian one is bundled into the schoolbus friends hack (but I'm not sure).  I have no idea where Pes has hidden his.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 05, 06:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this mod was discontinued, rather than rolled into something else, after EAxis changed it so that they only do the run-and-cheer for the first A+.

I have Pescado's DC and TJ's schoolbus hack in my game, and I am getting the run-and-cheer for each child's first A+.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 05, 06:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I still have noaplusspam.package in-game, dated 31/03/2005 Huh Don't I need it then?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 05, 07:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noaplusspam.package is still in the DC, so I assume it's still needed.
I don't know how I managed to overlook that one.

On second thought, I think it is syberspunk's frankenversion schoolbus hack that stomps the thing entirely.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 05, 07:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I still have noaplusspam.package in-game, dated 31/03/2005 Huh Don't I need it then?

I think that one's still needed. Without it, family members get a "spawn got A+" memory every single time said spawn gets an A+. I don't think it has anything to do with the cheering.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 05, 07:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting. I thought I heard that the spam had been stomped, but it's still in there. Maybe the family-spread version wasn't stomped. I dunno. Someone find out?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 05, 09:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that one's still needed. Without it, family members get a "spawn got A+" memory every single time said spawn gets an A+. I don't think it has anything to do with the cheering.

You're right, it is the wrong hack Cheesy

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 05, 14:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out.. it's TJ's Homework Sometimes. Why it didn't show up (or at least the RTFM since I had it set to search for A+ and Cheer and both those appear in the RTFM) I don't know. Sucks that I'll have to pull it, because I really liked the way it worked, aside from stomping the First Time Cheer. I finally found it when I searched for "Frankenversion" in my folders.. then followed it up with Gwill's suggestion that it might be TwoJeff's. It was in "TJ - School & Homework" right next to the suspected Syberspunk Frankenversion.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Quote from: TJ Homework Sometimes RTFM
Changes from the original version:

1. Chance of having homework is no longer a constant random chance. It is inversely proportional to the child's grade. Sims with high grades will have a lower chance of getting homework than sims with crappy grades.

2. Sims that have not yet learned to study will always have homework.

3. Now also includes complete stompage of the 'Kackapee!' (GRR!!!) A+ Cheer. It will not happen. EVER. Not even the first time the kid gets an A.

NEW in Seasons version:

1. Teaching sims to study will go faster now (Maxis change that I decided to adopt).
2. Homework will be done faster during the fall (also a Maxis change).

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 05, 16:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't, so you don't need a hack for that. If it was different my sims parents would have lots and lots of these memories, because I play my sims slowly and their children are bringing back an A+ every day.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Something that kills the "A+" run-and-cheer? *Resolved*
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 05, 20:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I had read that line somewhere, but I couldn't remember exactly where.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 05, 20:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't, so you don't need a hack for that. If it was different my sims parents would have lots and lots of these memories, because I play my sims slowly and their children are bringing back an A+ every day.

I don't have any of these hacks and my A+ cheering and memories stopped too.  It was stomped in a EP, I noticed it straight away as it was a Maxis behaviour that always fucked me off.  I think Seasons? Or possibly a earlier one.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 05, 20:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sucks that I'll have to pull it, because I really liked the way it worked, aside from stomping the First Time Cheer.

I know what you mean.  I liked the first A+ cheer, but ultimately I preferred the other features of "homework sometimes" and felt that outweighed the lack of A+ cheering.  My sim kids tend to get a fair bit of parental attention already, and I find that homework gets in the way of any other activities that they might more productively finish.  Homework adds nothing to the life of the sim once A+ is reached - it's just a time killer (much like homework in RL, IMO).

Tribulatio proxima est
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 06, 03:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sucks that I'll have to pull it, because I really liked the way it worked, aside from stomping the First Time Cheer.

I know what you mean.  I liked the first A+ cheer, but ultimately I preferred the other features of "homework sometimes" and felt that outweighed the lack of A+ cheering.  My sim kids tend to get a fair bit of parental attention already, and I find that homework gets in the way of any other activities that they might more productively finish.  Homework adds nothing to the life of the sim once A+ is reached - it's just a time killer (much like homework in RL, IMO).

I feel the same. I'll likely be keeping it on my desktop to drop in after key pictures are taken for whatever contest/legacy I'm working on at the time.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 07, 10:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have The Seasons Homework sometimes and get the first A+ Cheer because i got rid of the stomping Bhav.  Grin I felt it should happen one time.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 07, 15:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have The Seasons Homework sometimes and get the first A+ Cheer because i got rid of the stomping Bhav.  Grin I felt it should happen one time.

-gaspeth- Where's that?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: