More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:41:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How can i prevent visitors ringing at the back door?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can i prevent visitors ringing at the back door?  (Read 12258 times)
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: How can i prevent visitors ringing at the back door?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 31, 06:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that if you use a double door as the front door, and an "interior" door as the back/basement door, it seems to remove the back door delivery problem.  Any way you look at it, though, the EAxis door system is fucked up.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 31, 12:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's also very limiting in design terms though.  The later (and more complete) door and window sets mostly only have single doors, and it spoils the effect totally to install one of the doubles.  And what about patio doors - you would normally use double doors for those, and patios are normally at the side or rear of a house,

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 01, 03:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double doors do not affect anything. There are no special attributes of double doors, they are actually treated mostly as two single doors. Without "front door hack", however, the random object-IDs of the subparts of door (all doors, even single doors, are built of subparts), can affect the door perception differently in different cases. The Front Door Hack unifies door test cases to avoid this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 04, 18:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a homework-placement mat that you put on a desk or table and assign to a specific sim, which causes the sim to always place its homework on that exact spot.

!! Are you sure?  That's not what I designed it to do.  It's just meant to have a menu to generate some work for the kid to do to get their grades up.  I had no idea it was also making them put their homework down there.

Ack! No, I'm not sure. I haven't used it yet, and that's what I thought it did. Thanks for clearing this up.

How embarrassing.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 04, 21:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a homework-placement mat that you put on a desk or table and assign to a specific sim, which causes the sim to always place its homework on that exact spot.

!! Are you sure?  That's not what I designed it to do.  It's just meant to have a menu to generate some work for the kid to do to get their grades up.  I had no idea it was also making them put their homework down there.

Ack! No, I'm not sure. I haven't used it yet, and that's what I thought it did. Thanks for clearing this up.

How embarrassing.

I think this may be the cause of the confusion:

RESERVABLE DESK
ReservableCheapDesk.zip  (no globals)

Only the assigned owner can put anything on this desk.   

To make it really worthwhile, also download this homework patch   (replacement global), which means when a child has a reserved desk, they will always try to put their homework on it.  I have included as little code as possible in the homework patch, in order to minimise the chance of it conflicting with homework hacks that do other things - but let me know if you seem to be getting problems.

NB The homework patch may clash with homework placement hacks by other creators.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: