More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:23:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Elder got pregnant! (Ste???)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Elder got pregnant! (Ste???)  (Read 7240 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Elder got pregnant! (Ste???)
« on: 2007 November 03, 04:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I have an elder couple on vacation.  They go into the sauna, have a bit of fun, and I hear the pregnancy chimes!  A double-check with the ACR controller showed she was in fact pregnant, though she's been an elder for at least 4-5 sim days.

They weren't under ACR control at the time, so that's not the cause. I'm guessing that Ste's Risky Woohoo is borked, and not taking either suanas or elders into account when they're on vacation.  Or something else.

Ste, help???

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Elder got pregnant! (Ste???)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 03, 04:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 03, 04:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, it ain't tight pants.  The only hack I have that affects normal woohoo is Ste's Risky Woohoo, and he's Awesome now, so the pants are kinda loose. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 17:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this happening long before BV - someone reported Coral Oldie getting pregnant...but I don't think she actually was able to deliver. 

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 04, 00:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, first time I've had it happen. Fortunately, ACR includes the 'morning after pill', so I had her take it right away and she's not pregnant.  She's one of my favorite sims, and I'd hate to see her get borked.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 04, 01:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if the damn game is going to bork one, it's always one of your favourites - it never attacks Benjamin!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 07, 03:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe you are aware that the risky woohoo mod is only posted at the MTS2 site, right?

I don't think syber posted it here and when an update is needed (he made one for ep6) he is posting it at MTS2, not here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108011

So I have to agree with Pescado here.  Tongue

ETA:  If you are already using this version than sorry.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 07, 03:20:26 by MissDoh » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 07, 03:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm using the latest version.  I put the question here because I know he hangs out here too. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 08, 18:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops.  Shocked  I guess I hadn't checked this forum in a long whiles.  Sorry about that.  I'll take a look at this sometime this when I get the chance (if not tonight).  I kinda just threw those new ones together and it's possible that I might not have checked for age. Doh!

ETA: Ok, so I looked at the code and I don't see anything specific about the Sauna hack that should permit an Elder to get pregnant.  The only thing I added was two lines which just basically enable risky woohoo.  Afaik, I don't modify anything that should change age checks.  There should be two levels of checking anyways.  There is a "Can we get pregnant" check, which checks if the couple is a valid combo, and then, the sim it tries to get pregnant is run through a "Am I Young Enough?" check as well.  So... unless you have hacks that modify these BHAVs (like InTeen or Teen Woohoo), then theoretically, Elder pregnancy shouldn't happen...

Since you're using twojeffs' ACR... I'm assuming these interactions were autonomous? So, that would mean he added those interactions... so they must be separate.  I don't know if he uses his own age checking, or if he relies on the original EAxis code.  But... since it's his own autonomous interactions, doesn't he code in his own riskiness? i.e. if this is happening autonomously... then it shouldn't be calling the code that I changed, it would be using twojeffs custom code.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 November 09, 07:06:30 by syberspunk » Logged

Charlotte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 09, 12:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the risky woohoo and silent pregnancy hack in my game so I wasn't letting a particular sim woohoo until I wanted her to have a baby.  But 4 days before she was going to become an elder I let her woohoo to her hearts content, never thinking anything of it.  I never checked on her for the rest of the day until she returned home from work and I got the message that she needed time off for pregnancy leave.  I was a little bit annoyed but accepted the fact that this would change the plans I had for this particular family - she had the baby the morning before she became an elder.

I ended up killing her off after the baby was born because I thought maybe she was bugged, strange things were happening to my 'hood at that stage, I never gathered it could be the risky woohoo mod Huh

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 09, 18:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a little bit annoyed but accepted the fact that this would change the plans I had for this particular family - she had the baby the morning before she became an elder.

One of those funky edge cases... but it can happen.  Afaik, this is not a bug.

I ended up killing her off after the baby was born because I thought maybe she was bugged, strange things were happening to my 'hood at that stage, I never gathered it could be the risky woohoo mod Huh

And it probably wasn't risky woohoo.  Depends on what are the 'strange things' that were happening... to whom, when, and where.  Just because you have a quirky birth, doesn't mean that 'bugs' will propagate throughout the rest of your game.  Hacks hardly ever work like that.  Most hacks change a single function or specific things.  They don't just end up causing all sorts of random and unrelated problems.

Ste

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 09, 22:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a sorta glitch, it happens sometimes since the base game; I've witnessed that quite often with CAS elders. Sometimes the "try for baby" is present in the pie menu, too.
Anyway, chime yes, but no "real" pregnancy, as the sim doesn't give birth to anyone anyway.
Probably it's some safety check missing somewhere in the age-pregnancy code, I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem to make real harm.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 10, 02:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Ok, so I looked at the code and I don't see anything specific about the Sauna hack that should permit an Elder to get pregnant.  The only thing I added was two lines which just basically enable risky woohoo.  Afaik, I don't modify anything that should change age checks.  There should be two levels of checking anyways.  There is a "Can we get pregnant" check, which checks if the couple is a valid combo, and then, the sim it tries to get pregnant is run through a "Am I Young Enough?" check as well.  So... unless you have hacks that modify these BHAVs (like InTeen or Teen Woohoo), then theoretically, Elder pregnancy shouldn't happen...

Since you're using twojeffs' ACR... I'm assuming these interactions were autonomous? So, that would mean he added those interactions... so they must be separate.  I don't know if he uses his own age checking, or if he relies on the original EAxis code.  But... since it's his own autonomous interactions, doesn't he code in his own riskiness? i.e. if this is happening autonomously... then it shouldn't be calling the code that I changed, it would be using twojeffs custom code.

No, the actions weren't autonomous -- I directed them to do it manually.  I don't think ACR works autonomously with saunas yet anyway.  TJ is still sorting out that mess of code. And yes, ACR has its own risky woohoo routines that are in control during autonomous actions, but they have no affect on user-directed woohoo.

But I do have Teen Woohoo, which loads after your Risky Woohoo. But AFAIK, Teen Woohoo shouldn't be overriding pregnancy checks, since it doesn't support teen pregnancy.  No conflicts show up with the HCDU between it and risky woohoo, but that doesn't mean it's not overriding an age check in the Maxis code. I did check after I cleared the pregnancy, and there's no 'try for baby' option on the female, so the game know she's an elder, so there's no borkiness there.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 14, 20:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... that is very odd joe.  I'll skim the code again, but I'm pretty certain that all I do is just enable pregnancy for regular woohoo.  Basically, in most cases, I just add the same code that's in the Try For Baby interactions to the regular Woohoo actions.  But then, I change the % for the pregnancy.  So... any age checks should still be in place.  When I looked at the Can We Get Pregnant and Am I Young Enough bhavs, they both seem to have age checks in them.  And, afaik, I don't think I override any of these.  Teen Woohoo might... but I'm not sure... Undecided

I have an update I need to post... maybe tonight if I remember.  And I haven't updated all my hacks (from other people yet) either.  I need to grab the BV update of Teen woohoo myself... but I doubt that would be the cause.  Maybe I'll make/post a test hack that sets the change to 100% and so we can see if Elders always get pregnant.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: