More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:00:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Changing Townie Clothing -- wardrobe is empty!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Townie Clothing -- wardrobe is empty!  (Read 8540 times)
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
Changing Townie Clothing -- wardrobe is empty!
« on: 2007 November 03, 02:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the easiest way to change townie's clothing? I'm referring to existing townies, not creating new, custom ones.

I thought i would be all clever and make them selectable and use the clothing tool.  But when it gets to the wardrobe part, there is nothing to choose from.  You buy the outfit, and there you just can't see it.  Even if you make the (now selectable) townie click on a dresser like normal, nothing shows up.

Any thoughts?
Thanks again, kids.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Changing Townie Clothing -- wardrobe is empty!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 03, 04:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townie wardrobes do not contain uniforms, because the game doesn't record 3IDR sets for townies. Move the townie in, do it, and then kick them out again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 03, 05:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could use dizzy's change-appearance-anyone hack from his collection in Peasantry. It's quite useful.

Quote from: dizzy
- change-appearance-anyone: Modifies the mirror to allow you to change the appearance of visitors, NPCs or other non-playable sims on the lot. Note that you will first need to buy outfits for that sim's categories, age, and gender type to replan their clothing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 08:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same limitations on townies will continue to apply because of the requirement that the uniform be in their wardrobe, and townies do not have a wardrobe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 03, 08:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move the townie in, do it, and then kick them out again.

That's sort of how change-appearance-anyone works. I just temporarily change their familyId to be the same as the currentId.

Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 03, 11:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried this since BV, but I normally use the Christianlov hacked dresser for this. As long as your sim has the outfit in his dresser you can dress your townie in it. I use this a lot with dormies, they just look so silly in their tattered and torn outfits.

Where is it? I just checked MTS2 and couldn't find it, so try the sims2 graveyard. I did try looking it up but as google hates me I had no luck searching.
I swear I can never find a thing with google, but everyone else can in seconds  Angry
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 03, 14:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's sort of how change-appearance-anyone works. I just temporarily change their familyId to be the same as the currentId.

And this change-appearance hack includes clothing? I always thought it referred just to the mirror "change appearance." I will give it a try, thank you !!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 03, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here. Christianlov's clothing rack (found in dressers, $500). It's a must have. The version attached is for Seasons. He never did one for Bon Voyage.

* Christianlov_SimBoutique_ClothingRack.package (183.46 KB - downloaded 280 times.)

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 03, 17:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, couldn't you just put a teleporter plus and Pescado's clothingtool on an inhabited lot, then motherlode, teleport all the townies you want to give new clothes to to that lot and then buy them new clothes with the clothing tool?  As soon as each one is in their new clothes, just use the teleporter again to get rid of them .....you could do this while the resident sim is at work.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 03, 19:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, couldn't you just put a teleporter plus and Pescado's clothingtool on an inhabited lot, then motherlode, teleport all the townies you want to give new clothes to to that lot and then buy them new clothes with the clothing tool? 
That used to work, but it broke with OFB. Don't think it's been unbroken with any of the later EPs. The problem is what Pescado said above about the townie's family-ID - the game looks in the townie's wardrobe instead of in the family you're playing's wardrobe.

I must admit that I use the non-Awesome for this purpose alone - Danny's DMA Woohoo set comes with a red control panel that can be used to buy townies clothes for $1 and change them. Not sure if it works past-Seasons, though.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 03, 20:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That used to work, but it broke with OFB. Don't think it's been unbroken with any of the later EPs. The problem is what Pescado said above about the townie's family-ID - the game looks in the townie's wardrobe instead of in the family you're playing's wardrobe.

That's a shame, I really thought it would work since the clothing tool usually has all the stuff in the game available to your sim and once you've made the townie selectable they are, to all intents and purposes, a playable sim until you make them unselectable again.

I must admit that I use the non-Awesome for this purpose alone - Danny's DMA Woohoo set comes with a red control panel that can be used to buy townies clothes for $1 and change them. Not sure if it works past-Seasons, though.

I only have the Workers Set (mainly for the teleporter) so I'll have to look into that one.  As to whether it works past Seasons I have no way of knowing, my copy is still in the same state it was in when it arrived on release day!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 04, 01:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BV version of the DMA stuff is out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 04, 01:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Joe!  Now, all I have to do is find the cash to get my PC fixed........At present, I can't even use the teleporter/silent fire alarm unless the Base Game version is still available!  That's all this old thing will play.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: