More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:06:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?  (Read 15645 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?
« on: 2007 November 02, 22:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I don't get it. Why do I have to crawl on my hands and knees and beg for access to *look* at a discussion for an OPEN project?

This is just stupid. If you want people to test your shit, put it out in the open where people can access it. Don't hide it and then pretend to be surprised when you get bug reports in the "release" version.  Tongue

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 02, 23:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I applied for the QA version of SimPE on the 21st October but haven't heard anything back yet and I'm still not able to access the closed forum.  I figure that they've had a lot of requests for the wait to be this long.

As far as asking for people to apply to be beta testers, I imagine the modders want to avoid random stupids from BBSland screaming that experimental stuffeth has borked their game and other useless observations/complaints.  I bet you'd be surprised how many people lack the technical knowhow to click a link and apply to join a closed group, these people probably lack the intelligent input normally required of testers.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 03, 00:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just the thing. Your perfect beta testers are the random stupids, because they find all the little quirks you'd never cause yourself.

I could see them wanting to avoid the deluge of duplicate reports or spammers, but even those things have nothing to do with whether you operate openly.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 00:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also asked for the QA version of SimPe about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Have never heard a word back.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 03, 01:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes random stupids are much more likely to do stupid things *nods* but I would worry about their ability to communicate their stupidity effectively :p

Kelly: damn that means I have at least two more weeks to wait.  Unless of course, they may be so close to the public release that they aren't accepting any more testers.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 03, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who wish to download it Paleoanth already posted it.  Here is the thread, and here is the direct link to his/her rapidshare. Since rapidshare is a piece of crap that wants you to wait for the privilege of downloading from them I have uploaded it to my 4shared account. I checked the forum and I can verify that this is the most recent version. I assume that most MATY members will already know that this is an unreleased program that is still being tested so it will run slowly, act wonky at times, and potentially destroy your hood/sim or melt your brain. I am also certain that it is obvious to everyone that one should back up one's hood before using the QA version.

Edit: Updated link to SimPE QA version .63h
Edit: Removed links to QA version. Real version is now available on the official simPE site.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 30, 05:23:31 by Invisigoth » Logged

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 03, 01:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually MD, I downloaded a copy from somewhere (don't remember where but I'm sure someone posted the link here on maty) and I have the file but I don't know how to attach it here or where I could upload it so you could download it.

Wow, I'm loads of helpful, aren't I?

eta: Nevermind, Invisigoth FTW!

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 03, 01:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  You rock Invisi Smiley

Heh, I obviously phail at the most minor of searches in that I didn't even think to search!
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 03, 03:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries. I signed up for QA way back around release date and I had the file two days later. It sucks that so many of you have had to wait for weeks. I wasn't just going to sit on the file and watch you all suffer. Smiley

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 03, 03:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware Jase or Jfade were involved in SimPE at all, and the reason the SimPE QA whatnot has been essentially on backburner forever is that Quaxi has essentially lost interest in the project and doesn't put any effort into doing anything about it. Hence, it's still QA and there isn't even a release.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 03, 04:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... do you think it likely that SimPE for BV will not be finished?  Will there even be a SimPE for the last EP?  I'm not pulling my hair out over this (yet), but I do have a few tasks that require SimPE to complete.  So do you think I should just suck it up and try the QA version, or wait and hope that Quaxi finishes the project, or just give it up as a lost cause?
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 03, 04:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware Jase or Jfade were involved in SimPE at all, and the reason the SimPE QA whatnot has been essentially on backburner forever is that Quaxi has essentially lost interest in the project and doesn't put any effort into doing anything about it. Hence, it's still QA and there isn't even a release.
We are part of a covert "black helicopter" squad bent on converting SimPE to an SMS plug-in for ICQ.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 03, 04:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do you think I should just suck it up and try the QA version, or wait and hope that Quaxi finishes the project, or just give it up as a lost cause?
QA version is the only thing there is right now, but mostly, lost cause. Clearly, Quaxi has failed us. You must not!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 03, 05:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware Jase or Jfade were involved in SimPE at all, ...

What I mean is that you have to jump through hoops just to see what developers on the project are discussing, as is the case with anything jfade or jase-related. Meanwhile, if I wanted, I could sneak a peak at what the Gimp devs or even Second Life devs are currently up against. Why all the secrecy?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 03, 05:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simple: They're hiding the fact that they're doing NOTHING except sitting around being FAT and LAZY. Secrecy is the only way they can look busy and important. If you could see what they were doing, you'd realize they were doing absolutely nothing except making themselves look puffed up and important. Tongue

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 03, 10:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaxi doesn't deliberately exclude anyone from the QA, but his granularity of forum administration sessions is low and getting lower, so people get to wait an increasing amount of time.  I doubt he'd mind people passing it between themselves.  He just doesn't want to get the blame for officially publishing a tool that is not fully tested.

Once you have all updated to the QA version, you can get the latest PJSE by following links from simlogical.com

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 03, 12:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: pescado
Simple: They're hiding the fact that they're doing NOTHING except sitting around being FAT and LAZY. Secrecy is the only way they can look busy and important. If you could see what they were doing, you'd realize they were doing absolutely nothing except making themselves look puffed up and important.
Actually, that's my attitude towards life.  I learned it from my cats.  Still learning from them, in fact. 

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 03, 14:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... do you think it likely that SimPE for BV will not be finished?  Will there even be a SimPE for the last EP?  I'm not pulling my hair out over this (yet), but I do have a few tasks that require SimPE to complete.  So do you think I should just suck it up and try the QA version, or wait and hope that Quaxi finishes the project, or just give it up as a lost cause?

The QA version seems farily stable to me and I've had it for a couple of months, but then I don't use it for anything really complicated. I was lucky, I applied for the QA version and was given access the next day. I use SimPE all the time so if there isn't one for the next expansion pack it'll be a pain.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 03, 23:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware Jase or Jfade were involved in SimPE at all, ...

What I mean is that you have to jump through hoops just to see what developers on the project are discussing, as is the case with anything jfade or jase-related. Meanwhile, if I wanted, I could sneak a peak at what the Gimp devs or even Second Life devs are currently up against. Why all the secrecy?
I wasn't aware there's any secrecy at all...

All the programs are here: http://forum.djssims.com/viewforum.php?f=11 - What you see there is what exists, including the current RC for the Wardrobe Wrangler.

Now, there IS a special forum for beta testers but there's currently nothing active in there. Until recently, there were only two threads for the Alpha of the Wardrobe Wrangler, a very ugly and buggy alpha that I didn't want out there for the general public. The only thing that WAS in there before were two threads about an update to the Collection Creator that I had tested and released already (it was a minor update that I didn't feel needed open testing) and the Compressorizer, which was also tested publicly here. So that's the 5 threads.

So, since there's nothing currently active in there, if you or anyone else tried to get in the queue for the Beta Testers and haven't been approved, that's probably why. I haven't checked the queue for that group at all in forever. Matter of fact, I've not logged into the administration area of the forum in a while either. I'll do that now and approve anyone in there so they can see all the non-action. Additionally, I have no plans to have anything else tested in there anytime soon, so really, there's not much to hide.

On a slightly related note, I've been meaning to upload the source code for most of these programs for a while but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, so if anyone's itching to see my horrible code, send me an email. Tongue

And on another slightly related note, I don't even have a planning or anything like that area for the developers to discuss things because there are no other developers. I have one person who helps with UI images and if I ever need anything from her I just poke her on IRC. Tongue

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 04, 01:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could see what they were doing, you'd realize they were doing absolutely nothing except making themselves look puffed up and important. Tongue

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 04, 12:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have misplaced your avatar.

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 06, 02:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have misplaced your avatar.
It's part of my covertness.

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 06, 03:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Invisigoth.  Inge, do you know if Peter has the clothing mesh extractor ready for this version yet? (Not that I have much time for meshing at the moment Roll Eyes )

Axe murdered since 2006
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 06, 08:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it needed updating.  Also on our website we have a new tool Wes_H specced for dog collars or overlays or something.  That won't be included in mainstream simpe so you have to get that seperately.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Paleo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 06, 15:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be for pet coat overlays.  The collars are done.  I haven't decided whether I even want to tackle the coat overlays or not. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: