More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:11:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?  (Read 15768 times)
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
Re: What exactly are jase, jfade and Quaxi hiding?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 07, 02:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should round up all the parts for items that are linked using the three keys and an XTOL or XMOL, such as the collars, Non-replacement Pet coats, face templates and other CAS only items.

What Peter wrote is very powerful. However, we seem to have lost the most adventurous object modders in the last year, we are down to "New Mesh" as an advanced mod.

<* Wes *>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 07, 02:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think at this point the only frontier that hasn't really been plumbed much is Animation, and with the writing on the wall saying TS2 will be dead soon, it looks like this is as far as we're likely to get barring a sudden breakthrough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 07, 19:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what would you like to animate?

I have a reasonably well working animation exporter, released. Most of the material released that uses it is risque or p0rn.

I also have an unreleased  package that disassembles animations into an editable text format and will then recompile the files to game format. Someone who knew nothing about MilkShape or any other package could use this package and edit animations with just these two tools (AnDis and AniComp) and wordpad or notepad.

I made an attempt at importing the frames into MilkShape, but the Sims2 animations are not very useful to import because the IK animation data is in the animation files and the game engine, and most of the arms and legs action goes missing. I don't want to buy maya or something that expensive for a tool set.

We (testers and I) have modified facial expressions, and have inserted stuff from one file to another. It disassembles ANIM files that even SimPE chokes on.

If I knew someone that would actually do something with this, I'd give them the tools to use. They are relatively small command line things (plus one MilkShape plugin), although not as elegant as dizzy's work, reasonably bloat-free.

I tried to design the set so it was modular and I might be able to migrate other things in (such as BVH files) and later migrate animations out, possibly to Sims3. Right now, the wide variations in skeletal structure, and my thick cranial tissues, have hampered my efforts at transferring BVH files to the game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 07, 19:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just stick it in the Bowels of Trogdor. We can't very well figure out what to do with it unless we can see what it does, after all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 07, 19:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We (testers and I) have modified facial expressions,

Well let's have them then!  I have been waiting 3 years to wipe those stupid grimaces off my sims' faces  Angry

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 07, 20:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, did anyone ever tell you to be careful what you wish for?

Seek, and ye shall find.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: