More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:45:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there any hack for this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there any hack for this?  (Read 4353 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is there any hack for this?
« on: 2007 November 05, 05:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the really annoying glitch in OFB where people's faces change and they lose their eyebrows when you make them wear a uniform...

I tried searching and couldn't find a thing  Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is there any hack for this?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 05, 05:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be an unresolved hardcode glitch. Hacks can't directly fix it, and we don't have hard evidence on how consistently it appears.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 05, 05:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still happens in BV. But yeah, inconsistent. It's consistent for certain sims, but not for all sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 05, 06:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that has worked for me is to go to the employee sims' homes and do a "change appearance" with the mirror (not actually changing their appearance, just hitting the check mark).  This obviously only works for playable employees.  And I think it only works when the employee is actually on the lot- changing their appearance when the employee is not on the business lot doesn't seem to have any effect.  I hope all that made sense.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 05, 10:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try "fix flashing blue" on the Lot Debugger?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 05, 10:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the fix flashing blue from he lot debugger (or any other handy mean to change appearance of a non controllable sim) with mixed success : sometimes it corrects the problem and sometimes it is only temporary (next time I play the business the sims wearing uniforms will revert to default face with no eye color and no eyebrows). I also have some sims that revert to another sim's face : for example : my sim Tara was fine when wearing her uniform on her business lot (community lot) when she was a YA. After graduating, each time she went to her business and wore (is that correct, I have some doubts, is it even an irregular verb ??) her uniform, her face reverted to her mother's face, complete with make-up and eye color. Change appearance only fixed it for this play session, the problem would come back after. When she aged to elder, she had a default face with no eyebrows and no eye color when wearing an uniform. After changing appearance a hundred times with no durable effect, it suddenly worked....
I have the same thing with some flashing blue accessories : I have currently a alien-vampire-zombie (legacy black sheep you know) and his teeth were always flashing blue upon re-entering the lot. I used fix flashing blue, regular mirror, fix appearance from Insim, fix tan&burn (lot debugger and insim), but the problem kept coming back... One day, I did nothing different, but it worked.... And since the vampire teeth are no longer flashing blue...
I'm dreaming of a fix as the blanck faces annoy me greatly...
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 05, 14:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also something very weird with nannies and changing appearance.  Every time I've changed the look of a nanny they ended up with a blank face the first time; either completely missing, or a template 1, S1, no eyes, no eyebrow look.  Second time I make them over it works, but they end up with a double character file (N001_User00102.package and N001_User00102.1.package).
I only have the problem with nannies, but I've had it with ALL nannies.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 05, 14:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After graduating, each time she went to her business and wore (is that correct, I have some doubts, is it even an irregular verb ??) her uniform, ...

Yup, that's right -- wore is the past tense of wear. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 05, 15:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also something very weird with nannies and changing appearance.  Every time I've changed the look of a nanny they ended up with a blank face the first time; either completely missing, or a template 1, S1, no eyes, no eyebrow look.  Second time I make them over it works, but they end up with a double character file (N001_User00102.package and N001_User00102.1.package).
I only have the problem with nannies, but I've had it with ALL nannies.

You remind me : I have this same exact problem (change appearance make them revert to a blank face the first time I made them over, and they have 2 character files (but I did not pay attention whether the change appearance thing make the double character files appear or they ( double character files) exist even before attempting to change appearance)) with waiters, and I also notice that wolves (regular ones, not Leader of the pack) also have 2 character files, even if I don't remember changing their appearance. It was the case for regular stray wolves and adopted wolves (former strays).
Apart from the change appearance problem, they seem (waiters and wolves) to function normally... as far as I can tell...

Yup, that's right -- wore is the past tense of wear. Smiley
Thanks !! English classes are far away now, so my grammar is becoming rusty... (I'm french, and though I find english grammar incredibly easier than french grammar, I have lots of doubts when I write something...)

ETA : I think I also had this appearance problem and double character file with a streaker, but I'm not certain (and I'm not home to take a look at my files).
« Last Edit: 2007 November 05, 15:40:44 by pioupiou » Logged
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 05, 20:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely caused the second character file in my case.  I was watching my character folder as I gave the nanny her makeover.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: