More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 08:34:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  failed to initialize sound
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: failed to initialize sound  (Read 3167 times)
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
failed to initialize sound
« on: 2007 November 04, 01:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the game fine, however today i noticed when i opened my cheat window i was getting the following Spam message .... and belive me it was really spaming down the screen making it very hard to actually work out what i was donig in in the way of cheat comands.

failed to initialize sound (0xff72154a) instance (000100f4) Error TSAudio failed to get sound definition

Now it's doesn't seem to be effecting my game play at all, though i expect thats because i don't have speakers and therefore don't play with any sound and the error seems to be something to do with sound.

I've tried removing Custom content, and i still get the message, and i've tryed a new neighbour hood so im pretty sure its not caused by Custom Content or a corrupt game file.

I'm tempted to ignore it as its not really effecting the game, but as im worried it might just be the first sign's of a bigger problem anyone got any clues what it means?? or even better how to fix it???

I know re-installing would probabally work.... but  *sigh*... thats such a hassle, so i'd like to see if anyone can offer an alternative.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: failed to initialize sound
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 04, 01:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry -- those error messages have been there since the original game, and are of no harm or consequence. Everyone gets them (you'll find an error file in the Logs directory full of them). Probably leftover code from the original game that was never cleaned up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 04, 01:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't I ask this question a little under a year ago? Search function anyone?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8017.0.html

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 04, 09:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive always suffered the odd error so i know they are normal, its was just the fact that i was getting so many of them all at once and it's suddenly become and almost constant stream that worried me.

As for search ... yeah i tried that ... Obviously i didn't type in the right words cause i didn't get a hit on your post... i got a few similar posts but no-one solved the problem.

I have tried deleting all the sinks/ baths / sprinklers ... anything water related , but it hasn't helped it's not so much that im getting error's that im getting so many... they compleatly fill my cheat box and continously spam at a very fast speed, if somethings keeping a log of all this its going to get full very very fast.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 04, 09:35:39 by leiela » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 04, 12:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just irrelevant minor log spam. Ignore it, it is nornal and has no meaningful effect on your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: