More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:19:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Things We've Learned From The BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things We've Learned From The BBS  (Read 59048 times)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Things We've Learned From The BBS
« Reply #125 on: 2005 October 28, 16:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never begged for 'benes'. I simply did(and still do on the increasing rare occasions that I post on the BBS) my best to help. Sometimes I get benes sometimes I don't. I've always considered bene beggers to be a lower life form equal to the level of pond scum.

I found my way to Modthesims2 in December and I chatted there for some time and that's where I first encountered the Awesome  Fish Guy. Eventually I drifted away from there and by the time I got back they'd started using the new layout which i hate, so I ultimately found my way here.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 October 28, 17:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I they'd started using the new layout which i hate, so I ultimately found my way here.
I have to agree I hate the new layout at MTS2 as well

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 October 28, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I directed someone to MTS2  and got banned from the BBS for 3 days heaven forbid you direct any one there for a censor mod for nightlife that works.guaranteed to get you banned for at least 3 days and any other site that makes fxes for game issues including MATY.. when I saw the sorry you are banned until 10.12/2005 at 12:00 A.M PST message I ROFL. because I knew it was my daring to direct someone to MTS2 for Quaxi's censor removal blur in nightlife

The BBS was the first forum I'd ever participated in.  The most valuable lesson I've learned is to read the rules and lurk awhile before I post so I can get a feel for what's ok, and what's not.  Pretty much everyone at the BBS knows that giving out information to adult content is forbidden.  Gettting a ban for linking or giving out info on any means to remove the censor blur should have been a no-brainer.  Giving out links to MATY or VS in a non-adult content context is ok.

Just coincidence but it works.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 October 28, 19:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned that if you take the time to post factual helpful answers then you'll end up with tire tread marks across your back from the simmers posting whatever answer fancies them at the time just to get the post out first and get the bene.

The funny part is, answering a question almost never gets a bene, even for the first poster and even if they are promised... and in a few cases, even if the original poster *says* he gave a bene.  This used to be obvious back when the bene count was displayed with every post.  Now, bene counts didn't always update right away, but when three other people have posted *after* someone said they gave benes, the count should have shown.

Hook

I noticed that too.  I counted all my benes and posts once a long time ago, and I was surprised how few of my posts got a bene.  Maybe 18%.  Now not all of my posts were answers, but still, it was apparent that many people just don't give out benes (or use them up right away).  I think Maxis' intentions were noble, but the BBS community didn't buy the vision, and just obsessed over their rank.  Now, 30-50% of the threads feel the need to advertise benes just to get a response.

Just coincidence but it works.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 October 28, 19:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking about oddities in SimPE - have you noticed (a) that all Downtown sim adults in the Garth household have been to Uni?  (No degree, they've just been! and b) the only friends they have are among the dormies and SS members at Uni!  They live in a household full of sims, and don't know any of them, unless they have to collect one of the kids from someone's house after school!

Zephyr Zodiac
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 October 28, 19:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

acctually ever since I installed Uni all adult NPCs and townies have apparently been there not just the downtownies. But I did notice that many downtownies have friends among the dormies.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 October 28, 20:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'll find they all do - I've just spent ages going through all of them as I've moved most of them into lots and wanted them to start without all these additionel helpers, just like my downtrodden CAS sims!  Now they haven't been to Uni, and they don't have any friends there, unless they happen to have got to know one of the Garth teens that I've moved across to Uni, which has only happened when they've been on the lot where i've moved them out at the same time.  (Did it this way with a lot of the teens so they could get scholarships!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: