More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:28:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Things We've Learned From The BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things We've Learned From The BBS  (Read 59036 times)
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Things We've Learned From The BBS
« Reply #100 on: 2005 October 25, 02:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you uninstall your game and burninate your hacks then reinstall the game and type sheepzR2Kewl then the game chooses a name for you.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 October 25, 03:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the beginning, I found the BBS pretty useful and helpful. I realised it all was going downhill when the "What should I name my sim" posts started to spread out like a virus. Roll Eyes I mean the best thing I learned from the BBS is that it makes a BIG deal for gameplay if you name your sim Cynthia instead of Cindy! Shocked

So of course you need to consult other simmers about this huge dilemma since your game will explode into a big fiery ball visible from space if God forbid! you give your sim the "wrong" name. And of course you need to give the fellow simmers lot's of "benes" cause they helped you save your game from ultimate doom! Roll Eyes

Ah..so glad we have the BBS to help us out with these important issues.... So what do you guys think is the BESTEST namo for my female simo? I was thinking Betty but maybe it would trigger the jump bug to appear... BTW..I already tried "boolprop" to fix this... And I don't use hacks, they are evil..possesed by satan himself! Roll Eyes

hee..hee  you forgot the name my baby threads..... *love your avatar -I love it when they stare right into your soul*

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 October 25, 04:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you uninstall your game and burninate your hacks then reinstall the game and type sheepzR2Kewl then the game chooses a name for you.
LMAO  Grin I bet if you post this on the BBS some will actually TRY it out! Grin

Edit: Try it out and start a new thread on how great this works! Shocked Asking for "benes"

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 October 25, 04:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all this time I thought it was ALT-F4 that chose a new name. Cheesy

Hint:  don't try this at home.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 October 25, 04:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey, would alt F4 even work on the sims? The sims seems to take over my PC when it's running. Absentmindedly I did ctrl alt del the other night instead of ctrl shift C, the poor windows task manager made a valient attempt to appear on top of sims, I got this weird flickering effect until I alt tabbed out of the sims and could see what the flicker was.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 October 25, 05:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO  Grin I bet if you post this on the BBS some will actually TRY it out! Grin

Edit: Try it out and start a new thread on how great this works! Shocked Asking for "benes"
of course they would believe that Cheesy remember these are the same people Who belived the TwinzR2cute was a cheat to get twins in your game and those people had thier sim ladies eating piles of cookies and spaghetti to get twins and then couldnt figure out 1) why only one baby was born and 2) why their formerly slender sim had the baby and still looked pregnant.. from time to time those ame hapless people show back up on the BBS asking for a twins cheat that works and offering bene's by the bucketful if you'll just give them the code that really works Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 October 25, 17:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey, would alt F4 even work on the sims? The sims seems to take over my PC when it's running. Absentmindedly I did ctrl alt del the other night instead of ctrl shift C, the poor windows task manager made a valient attempt to appear on top of sims, I got this weird flickering effect until I alt tabbed out of the sims and could see what the flicker was.

This is the truth. This game is the hungriest thing I have ever had on my pc.

Meh...
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2005 October 26, 00:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I remember buying into that whole twins and spaghetti thing.  I wouldn't have, though, if it hadn't been a Maxoid themselves who said it was the real deal.  Even so, eating spaghetti my sims started popping twin set after twin set!  In reality, my game always runs like that.  I may go along for 10 or more births with no twins, then all of a sudden two or three sets in a neighborhood.

Of course, the above and other reasons is why I DON'T use the same name here as I do on the BBS. Wink  At least here I can sometimes APPEAR halfway intelligent.  Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 October 26, 02:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I remember buying into that whole twins and spaghetti thing.  I wouldn't have, though, if it hadn't been a Maxoid themselves who said it was the real deal.  Even so, eating spaghetti my sims started popping twin set after twin set!  In reality, my game always runs like that.  I may go along for 10 or more births with no twins, then all of a sudden two or three sets in a neighborhood.

Of course, the above and other reasons is why I DON'T use the same name here as I do on the BBS. Wink  At least here I can sometimes APPEAR halfway intelligent.  Cheesy
a lot of people bought into it  but the sad thing is  alot of BBS posters still biy into it in spite of the fact its been  stated numerous times there are no valid cheat codes to get twins

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 October 26, 13:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, whatever name you choose, you willl eventually find it's been hi-jacked by the game and whatever neighbourhood you play there will be a townie/dormie/NPC with "your" name!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 October 26, 17:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, whatever name you choose, you willl eventually find it's been hi-jacked by the game and whatever neighbourhood you play there will be a townie/dormie/NPC with "your" name!
ROFL Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 October 27, 10:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my new install, I'm just about sick of Zaitrarrios!  I wonder how many Zaitrarrios there are in the whole of the US?

Since the game in Europe wastes an enormous number of MBs anyway, why can't the game generate names for each separate language, so for instance in the UK it would only generate English names and Last names - the player could then add ethnic variations if they wish!  And why can't there be a limit on the number of times a combination can be used, like there can be up to 5 Sophies, no limit on last names, but there can only be one Sophie Gonzaga!  (And Prof. should not count as a name!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 October 28, 03:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many Ivy Copurs, Calista Desprets, and Edith Centowskis do you need?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 October 28, 03:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game seems to be giving me a lot of Harris' and Lawsons lately.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 October 28, 03:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many Ivy Copurs, Calista Desprets, and Edith Centowskis do you need?
1 of each would suffice

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 October 28, 04:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are some of the names I have seen since NL. Yuk! I forgot to install Jordi's name package before I installed NL. Sad

Kacper Jitmakusol
Hayden Olshfski
Gvaudoin Tricou
Fricorith Tricou
Jihoon Roennigke
and of course bloody Goopy Gils Garbo which I just cannot stand!

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 October 28, 04:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned that if you take the time to post factual helpful answers then you'll end up with tire tread marks across your back from the simmers posting whatever answer fancies them at the time just to get the post out first and get the bene.

Since I learned of the all persuasive power of the bene system I've tried to incorporate it into my dealings with my 10 year old.  For some reason they have no effect in real life.   Roll Eyes

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 October 28, 06:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are some of the names I have seen since NL. Yuk! I forgot to install Jordi's name package before I installed NL. Sad

Kacper Jitmakusol
Hayden Olshfski
Gvaudoin Tricou
Fricorith Tricou
Jihoon Roennigke
and of course bloody Goopy Gils Garbo which I just cannot stand!
Notice the Tricou's are all Dead

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 October 28, 07:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I hadn't, I just noticed those names in particular when I was scrolling through simpe.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 October 28, 07:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gvaudoin, Fricorith and Rainelle are the ghosts that haunt the House of Fallen Trees lot

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 October 28, 10:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Making it quite obvious I haven't played the house of the fallen trees.  Roll Eyes I've been meaning to go and have a look at it again since I read about the extensive basements.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 October 28, 13:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gvaudoin, Fricorith and Rainelle are the ghosts that haunt the House of Fallen Trees lot

I have never played that lot isnt it in the downtown? in nightlife?

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 October 28, 14:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never played that lot isnt it in the downtown? in nightlife?

Yep. It's on the edge of town - near the cemetary.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 October 28, 15:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned that if you take the time to post factual helpful answers then you'll end up with tire tread marks across your back from the simmers posting whatever answer fancies them at the time just to get the post out first and get the bene.

The funny part is, answering a question almost never gets a bene, even for the first poster and even if they are promised... and in a few cases, even if the original poster *says* he gave a bene.  This used to be obvious back when the bene count was displayed with every post.  Now, bene counts didn't always update right away, but when three other people have posted *after* someone said they gave benes, the count should have shown.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 October 28, 15:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The funny part is, answering a question almost never gets a bene, even for the first poster and even if they are promised... and in a few cases, even if the original poster *says* he gave a bene.  This used to be obvious back when the bene count was displayed with every post.  Now, bene counts didn't always update right away, but when three other people have posted *after* someone said they gave benes, the count should have shown.

Hook

Yes I think that is funny as well.  I never cared for benes they give me the worse heartburn.  But I know I used to could get up to 20 + questions a day that I helped with and rarely got a bene, but I did get the satisfaction of knowing that I solved someone's problem. 

My favorite reward was if they came back or signed my GB to tell me it worked.  Those are even more rare but made it worth the trouble.

A peeve of mine were the posters offering a bene for an answer.  Kind of made it seem like a dog trick.  If I answered I told them to keep it and pass it to someone else.

On a side note Hook.  Although registered I didn't become active on the Sims 2 site until last spring and missed the original crew that was there.  When I started seeing your name more and more and how helpful you were I made an inquiry because I saw that you were rarely around.  Another Simmer told me that you had moved on to forums of a different caliber and that's how I stumbled across MATY.  Not because you were here specifically but because I was looking for better quality forums.  So though you probably have no idea who I am I thought I would let you know you are partially responsible for getting me to flock here. 

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: