More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 22:54:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bigfoot memento seems borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bigfoot memento seems borked  (Read 12946 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Bigfoot memento seems borked
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 02, 13:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off topic a little, I also just realized that on South End Beach in Twikki Island, there is a urinal in the girl's bathroom but not the guy's. Odd.

Sounds like the designer at EAxis mixed up placing the gender doors. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 02, 13:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off topic a little, I also just realized that on South End Beach in Twikki Island, there is a urinal in the girl's bathroom but not the guy's. Odd.

Sounds like the designer at EAxis mixed up placing the gender doors. Smiley

You ever wonder if they do crap like that just to frack with our heads? I consider it a very real possibility that they spend 8 hours coming up with stupid ideas like that to mess with people instead of working on the code. But then, I think most people are basically evil. Some just aren't as ingenious with it.

RE: Charlatan. Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to try it until someone said one way or the other. I have nightmares of NPC drama with my game files.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 02, 13:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you could move the Charlatan in or marry him even if you wanted to-the prima guide says he doesn't even appear in your sim's relationship panel.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 02, 15:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And my current Charlatan is kind of hot for a sim, and doesn't wear a monacle. Also odd, as I understand it. Anyone know if there would be wonkiness if I hooked him up with my single girl?
The only valid action for the Charlatan is smiting. He is evil. I Deleted 2'ed all mine, put in anti-redundancy, and am quite happy without him.

Your rule of thumb is that if there isn't any option to have romantic interaction with an NPC ("Flirt..." doesn't show in the pie menu) never move them in. You can't do so with normal game mechanics, anyways.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 02, 18:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bother to play for mementos, generally allowing sims to do what they want.  One of mine wanted to meet bigfoot and had a map, so off he went.  No problem befriending him, slap dancing, chest pounding, or napping on bigfoot's hammock.  My playable wanted a bigfoot hug, but it never came, despite several visits and best friend status.  Can always try again with another sim, or the same one.  I find it funny that you can phone bigfoot to keep up relationships.  You can't find him without a map, but you can get him on the phone.

Is there something you get for filling all the vacation mementos, other than the tag of super traveller, or whatever?  I am generally less fond of puzzle/goal oriented gaming.  That's what finally made Tombraider go a bit stale for me (kill bad guys, find puzzle, solve puzzle, go to next level, rinse, repeat).

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 02, 21:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your rule of thumb is that if there isn't any option to have romantic interaction with an NPC ("Flirt..." doesn't show in the pie menu) never move them in. You can't do so with normal game mechanics, anyways.

Another good rule of thumb is to stay away from any NPC who doesn't have a real name, just a title.  But there are ones with real names you shouldn't date as well, like the Nightlife cooks.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 November 02, 21:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, you get absolutely nothing for collecting all the vacation memories.  Nothing at all.  Sad
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 November 03, 02:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, you get absolutely nothing for collecting all the vacation memories.  Nothing at all.  Sad

It really disappointed the hell out of me when I learned that. They should have, at the very least, created some traveler aspiration or ltw to fulfill when you received that last memento. It especially bites when you don't know that and jump through hoops to get them all. Ah, well. But I still have some anal retentive need to get them all once I've started. I get fixated and annoyed when there are holes. I think this is probably something I should get help for.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 November 03, 06:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to let my sims freewill on vacation, and I am not bothered by the vacation mementoes panel-I just don't look at it! Cheesy I would be bothered if they actually got something for getting them all filled though, I think it is pretty sucky that they don't. A new object popped in the inventory for completing them all would be nice, like a toy stuffed donkey or something Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: