More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:37:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  hack: realistic pet breeding?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: hack: realistic pet breeding?  (Read 3872 times)
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
hack: realistic pet breeding?
« on: 2007 October 31, 01:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I understand why you have to have your sims command the pet to go and breed, but there are ways you could still have control over it if it were autonomous. One way is to keep the pet inside, away from other pets... or you could have it fixed (possible hack feature that prevents breeding for a small fee?).  Just like in real life!  If you don't fix your pets and let them run around outdoors, they're gonna get pregnant, so why shouldn't sims have that same responsibility? 

I guess I'm kinda bored with breeding as it is in the game.  I think it would be more exciting if there were autonomous breeding, that way I wouldn't always know what type of puppies/kittens I would be having, or when.  One of my families runs an adoption shelter, where I take strays from the adoption pool and try to give them away to other sims.  Unwanted pets end up here, so I see little problem with letting breeding go autonomous as it is.

I'm surprised there isn't a hack out there yet that allows this, seems like such a basic thing, someone would have created something by now.  Maybe I've missed it Huh  But if not, any chance something like this could be made?  Or is there anyone else out there who would like the same thing?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: hack: realistic pet breeding?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 31, 02:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current system is clearly designed as a balance between uncontrollable mass-breeding and explicit spay/neutering. It works, so why mess with it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 31, 07:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Understood.  But sometimes things are more fun when they're true to life.  Thus the reason for all the risky woohoo hacks, right? 

Besides, it wouldn't have to be that excessive, the pets could still be required to have high relationships with each other first, it just always seemed stupid that they had to have high relationships with the sim, despite the reasons behind it.  I see this as an alternative way to control breeding.  As long as you fix your pet, you should have nothing to worry about... just like in real life.  Or... keep it in a fence with the door locked to prevent pets leaving or entering, the same applies if they were kept in the house. 

I think it would be more exciting like this, because the current method seems a little lame.  Sometimes I'd just like to have puppies/kittens without having to choose who they have them with.  And then havining to worry about getting a relaltionship up with that other pet.  Like I care about that Roll Eyes  Just one more I don't need.  But that's just me, I was wondering if anyone else thought the same.

It doesn't seem like it would be a hard hack to create, if no one else is willing to try, I might attempt something like it...but I have no hacking experience. Undecided I dunno, take away the command to breed, have breeding set as a relationship/mood chance behavior... then set up an option to spay/neuter that disables it all together?  I don't know how to do it, but the path seems easy enough.  I could try Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 October 31, 08:02:28 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 02:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, you want Autonomous Casual Romance... for pets! Grin Head over to the Inteen forums & try asking TwoJeffs - you never know, he might be bored!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 03, 06:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was beaten around when he was over here, but when he went to Inteen it was never mentioned again.  Cry

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 03, 08:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not a feature that is believed to contribute positively, because of the way pets easily escape their cages, even if you lock them in on your own lots, and start wandering other lots unbidden. Therefore, you'd have to spay/neuter every single pet, even those you intended to breed, just to stop this behavior. As pets reproduce much faster than sims do, the uncontrolled population explosion will be much worse than with sims that you've foolishly allowed to do this. We are not interested in entertaining such an unwise course of action here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: