More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Platinum pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Platinum pets  (Read 9798 times)
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
Platinum pets
« on: 2007 October 30, 22:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking for a while now, mostly looking for a solution to this and a couple of other bugs. I found stuff for some of the others but not this. All my pets have platinum aspiration! I tried taking my hacks out one at a time, that didn't help. Then I thought maybe it was just a bug with existing pets so had a sim  adopt a new one (a puppy that never belonged to anyone else) but that puppy hopped out of the police car with platinum aspiration too   Undecided  And this is after I installed the Maxis BV patch. Does anyone else have this problem? Did you fix it? How?
Ya'll's most awesome assistance would really be appreciated   Smiley

PS the other problems were: college kids going on two vacations in a row, kids not being able to drink juice, and always getting the "maxed out __" when an adult drinks juice (which i think is kinda funny b/c before BV I couldn't get that memory at all from juice)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Platinum pets
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 30, 23:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked your hacks for conflicts with the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from Paladin at www.simwardrobe.com?

If this checks out, it could still be a problem with a hack that hasn't been upgraded for BV, so there are various options you can try.  There is a program for checking if you have such a hack, I think, somewhere here, but not having access at present to the folder it's in on my other PC I can't give you the details.

Taking hacks out one at a time is not necessarily going to show up a conflict problem, it will only pinpoint a corrupt or outdated hack.

Zephyr Zodiac
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 30, 23:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis thought it would be a good idea to make pets' portrait platinum at all times. This is not a bug, but a "feature." I hate it, too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 31, 01:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, raiu, I misunderstood - thought you meant the pets were actually getting aspirations....and I must admit I'd never really taken much notice of the portrait, not to actually take in what colour the background is.  What I really hate is if, for some reason, a pet gets stuck somewhere, or is in everyone's way, and you move it with moveobjects on, then the game confuses it with one of the sims on the lot, and the sim gets the animal's info and the animal suddenly gets wants!  It doesn't last long before you get it sorted by clicking on another sim, but it's annoying just the same.

I suppose EAxis in their "wisdom" thought that all dogs and cats have attained their lifetime goal when they have a bed, food, company and access to somewhere to pee!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 31, 01:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS the other problems were: college kids going on two vacations in a row, kids not being able to drink juice, and always getting the "maxed out __" when an adult drinks juice (which i think is kinda funny b/c before BV I couldn't get that memory at all from juice)
1. College kids taking two vacations - not restricted to uni students. And don't even bother trying to force an error on a sim who accidentally gets in the van. I had this happen with a teen and had a hell of a time getting him back.

2. Kids not being able to drink juice - apparently there is a missing animation. Pescado created a fix for it, available in the Firing Range.

3. Adults getting maxxed out - never seen that one, but then I don't use juice. Veges are for eating.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 31, 01:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity when they have an inventory full of apples and they're hungry, they can't eat an apple!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 31, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure I fixed the max juice thing, "eggjuicememfix" in the Director's Cut.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 31, 05:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity when they have an inventory full of apples and they're hungry, they can't eat an apple!

Pity indeed. For some reason I thought that the sims would actually be able to use/eat the fruits and vegetables they grow. Silly me.

That platinum pet thing shocked me too at first. But after years of dealing with EAxis, it didn't surprise me all too much.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 31, 05:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Platinum Pets" is just a display issue, it has no meaningful effect one way or another. Perhaps it is even intentional, to just display the pet-heads on a white background, because you are not normally empowered to influence those values anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 31, 05:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think it's just as you say, JM, a matter of displaying the pet heads clearly (probably why it never dawned on me to think of it as platinum rather than just white).  Maybe it shows the pet collars or markings (can't even think whether it does show the collars) or something like that to help identify similar pets more easily.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 31, 15:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this and thought that it might be related to my weird aspiration problems with graduated Uni Sims.  Some lose their extra want slots and others have 7 instead of 6--I guess They aren't related--too bad cause it is really annoying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 31, 15:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you should be able to solve that with the debugger - click on fix and click on fix my want slots and locks.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 31, 15:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you should be able to solve that with the debugger - click on fix and click on fix my want slots and locks.
I know how to fix it but I'm probably more afraid of why is it happening--I ran hack-diff and mod conflict and tryed to be careful not to put outdated hacks in so I'm puzzled.  I even played a Sim who was fine and later when I was playing another family I checked on her at a community lot and she only had 4 slots and she is a Uni grad.  Annoying cause she also lost her want to have a baby lock that was worth a lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 31, 16:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you actually opened the hack folders and visually checked them?  Also, checked with Clean Installer for duplicates?  Something may have sneaked into the wrong folder, and thus be in your game twice.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 31, 17:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did all that but I had another glitch that was caused by a hack that was updated and didn't conflict with anything--sometimes it can be with a hack that seems ok.  I thought that it might have been because my neighborhood was too large it is doing weird things and unexplained crashing but I went to a smaller hood and the same thing had occurred.  Maybe it is because of a hack that used to be there isn't anymore.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 31, 19:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could in that case try replacing your objects.package files with clean copies and then making them read only, if you haven't already done so.  Also try deleting the NeighborhoodManager.package in case that has become corrupt.  The game will generate a new one.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 08, 02:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have a read only objects file but I completely reinstalled and forgot to do it again--never knew I could de;ete the manager--I'll try both--in my smaller neighborhood, I think they are all fixed and I haven't had anyone new lose any spaces again so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 08, 05:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis thought it would be a good idea to make pets' portrait platinum at all times. This is not a bug, but a "feature." I hate it, too.

Is this a new thing since BV? I only have up to Seasons, and my pets are still green when their motives are high, or yellow to red when low.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 08, 16:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, new with BV. I thought something similar happened with Pets originally, but I may be hallucinating.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 09, 09:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it doesn't really make much of a difference. Pet motives are not things you're actually empowered to control yourself under standard rules, and they tend to handle themselves just fine without the distraction of a blinkenlight you're not supposed to be able to do anything about anyway.

Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 09, 11:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you've forgotten to fill up their food dish, you can have a sim fill it and give them a treat so they don't starve, or if their social is low, a sim can give them a snuggle or play with them for fun. Also if their bed or litter box is dirty so they won't use them, a sim can fix it. So you can effect it...
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 09, 20:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it doesn't really make much of a difference. Pet motives are not things you're actually empowered to control yourself under standard rules

Funny... I feed and bathe my pets.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 10, 06:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an annoying bug, but I don't see any way we can fix it without altering the exe itself.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: