More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:31:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is someone can tell me if the game is compatible on a Quad 64bits?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is someone can tell me if the game is compatible on a Quad 64bits?  (Read 4240 times)
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is someone can tell me if the game is compatible on a Quad 64bits?
« on: 2007 October 24, 18:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, my configuration is this :

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
Mémoire : 3070 RAM
DirectX 9.0C
Windows Professionnel service pack 2
Carte graphique : ATI Radeon 6333/X1050 Series

I'm looking for an other more powerful computer to play with my Sims.  My game play enough well but sometime little slow and freezing for little seconds.  My technician talk me about a  Quad or Quatro, don't know the real name of the CPU with 64 bits under windows XP.

I need to know before buy this machine if it will be really powerful and if the game is compatible in 64 bits.

I try to make a research but I didn't find nothing about this.  Can you help me please?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is someone can tell me if the game is compatible on a Quad 64bits?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 24, 22:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing you'll be able to play, but won't benifit from any of the quad action.  I seem to remember people complaining about Win XP 64bits.
But I'm sure someone with more experience on the matter will give you a better answer.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 24, 23:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much Gwill  Smiley
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 24, 23:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running on XP Pro 64bit. It works, mostly.

I think my issues are with BV but, as I have had this machine less than a month, I have not run any other game combination on it.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 25, 01:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the add-on too, I'm playing all day long with my Sims... well, the days I don't work.  I cannot say that my game doesn't work fine actually but sometimes its little slow, even when I'm playing on a big lot with a big family.  and sometimes, the game freeze for few seconds but don't crash.

My computer has two years old and when I bought it, it was FOR the Sims 2.  I have two fans on this machine to prevent the highest temperature.  Its really a computer built for my favorite game.

My kids want to play Sims 2 too but I don't want them to touch my computer... nobody touch my computer except me  Grin  So I decide to buy them an other computer for Christmas but I was looking to upgrade my own computer to an other one and gave them mine that I actually have.

The technician talk me about a Quad 64 bits because he said that my machine cannot be boost anymore.  It suppose to be at the top right now  Shocked Shocked Geeze, on what kind of computer Maxis built the game, I really would like to know because they seems to play without any problems ...

My biggest scare is to lose all of my programs if I turn on 64 bits.. like Nero, PhotoShop... I'm really not very familiar with the 32 bits or 64 etc..
Norahs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 25, 19:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run XP x64 and haven't had any problems playing - I have all EP and FP's. I can't think of any software that I can't use, I have Nero and PhotShop and both run fine - the newest versions anyway. The only thing I would recommend is make sure all of your peripherals have 64 bit driver versions or you won't be able to use them.

There are a couple of programs that don't run as well as they used to and both are sims related. SimPe is one, I can't recolor EA objects directly from the Objects file and CleanInstaller throws a lot more errors at me then before my switch to 64 bit.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 25, 19:07:01 by Norahs » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 26, 01:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 2 does not support mutithreading/dual cores, so it will only use 1 of the 4 cores. The speed listed on the box will be the speed your game runs at.

For example my Pentium 4 3.0Ghz is faster than my Dual Core 2 2.0Ghz for this game, other games that use the dual cores will run a lot faster. I haven't noticed any difference running the game in a single thread or multiple in Vista though, but on XP there can be stuttering if the game is launched with both cores running.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 29, 18:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much dear  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: